• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

? How am I underrating PCB!SakuyaA? She's a way better homing shot than ReimuA, which is true. She has one more bomb, which is true. She's VERY practical to use, which is also true.

Yeah, but the way you were describing her made her sound like a pretty unremarkable shot type, compared to the others.

I don't know what eff-dee-eff is, so.

Fantastic Danmaku Festival. It's a remake of EoSD, and a really awesome one at that. But it's kinda hard so...

Oh, yes, I have quite a few save states, that'd be great.

Cool! I created 128 KB save files for other Touhoumon hacks so this one shouldn't be any different. Do make sure that your .sav file isn't already 128 KB though. Because if it is, then the problem is likely something completely different.

Fantastic Danmaku Festival. It's a remake of EoSD, and a really awesome one at that. But it's kinda hard so...

I see. I dunno, don't really sound hype about it. like why add extra shot types (which is what zm said they did)?

Moar liek "I really love PoFV and it is my #1 favorite Touhou game"

that's about the same thing

Moar liek "i haz bad taste"

:>

shots fired.

Hmm, not understanding completely.

I did not make one save during my entire playthrough.

I had plenty of save states I made though. Made one after rival battle in elite four and before.

Both of those save states were made before I switched it to flash128k to see if it would let me save in game.

Also, where can I access my .sav files?

Sorry.

Should be in the same folder as your ROM

Hmm, not understanding completely.

I did not make one save during my entire playthrough.

I had plenty of save states I made though. Made one after rival battle in elite four and before.

Both of those save states were made before I switched it to flash128k to see if it would let me save in game.

Also, where can I access my .sav files?

Sorry.

Okay, I assume the save state after the rival battle is during a cutscene and you don't get free movement until the credits and such. The save state before the rival battle, however, should be able to generate save files. Press START and choose Save. If there are no errors with the saving, then close the emulator and open it again. Don't load any save states. Just check if there is a Continue option in the title screen and try to pick it.

As for where the .sav files are, assuming you're using VBA, they should be in the same directory as the rom file (.gba). It should have the same name as the .gba file, except with the .sav extension. Even if the saving from the previous paragraph was successful, check if the .sav file is 128 KB or not.

I see. I dunno, don't really sound hype about it. like why add extra shot types (which is what zm said they did)?

The new shot types aren't the only changes. You should seriously check it out and see how it is.

that's about the same thing

Not really. I like, really really really really like PoFV. More than any other Touhou game.

The new shot types aren't the only changes. You should seriously check it out and see how it is.

Not really. I like, really really really really like PoFV. More than any other Touhou game.

first i'd want to play the official games more, don't you think? >_>

Is it because Yuuka-san is there.

first i'd want to play the official games more, don't you think? >_>

Play it when you feel like. If you want to play the official games more, then go ahead with that. But don't force yourself to play official games when you'd rather do something else (like check out FDF).

Is it because Yuuka-san is there.

EoSD remake, so no. Sanae is there as a playable character, but aside from her, all other characters are from EoSD.

Proto should play Dragon Quest and witness the utter superiority to PoFV

I am not sure how DQ relates to PoFV but

witness the utter superiority to PoFV

Yay, Annie acknowledges the superiority of PoFV! In some DQ-related context that I don't really understand but w/e.

PoFV vs DQVI

I pick DQVI

Not sure how they're related but okay...

The bias is true with this one.

I know i hype up Baten Kaitos and SMT4 sometimes but c'mon. >n>

We're all biased towards some stuff.

I should try out FDF Hard.

You should. Enjoy getting wrecked.

Alright.

I know I can save. When I start a new file, it's fine.

This one though, just isn't working, no matter what I do.

Yeah, because the endgame save actually NEEDS the extra capacity in the 128 KB save file. Did you find and check the size of the .sav file btw?

If it's not 128 KB, then you can send it to me and I'll turn it into a 128 KB save file (might take a while, since VBA can be really stubborn about this). You would have to fight the rival battle again though, then.

Play it when you feel like. If you want to play the official games more, then go ahead with that. But don't force yourself to play official games when you'd rather do something else (like check out FDF).

EoSD remake, so no. Sanae is there as a playable character, but aside from her, all other characters are from EoSD.

OKay.

I was talking about PoFV.

Why would that be a good idea? Sanae wasn't even in gensokyo at that time. >_>

OKay.

Because Sanae is a popular character, and playing with the chronology a bit doesn't hurt anybody.

Proto, I'm making fun of PoFV, you know I don't like it.

I know, but I'm still unsure of how you tied it to DQ

OKay.

fanservice for me

Also I don't think FDF Hard would wreck me too hard. It seems up there with UFO Hard in difficulty. Plus, tons of resources.

Because Sanae is a popular character, and playing with the chronology a bit doesn't hurt anybody.

I know, but I'm still unsure of how you tied it to DQ

BECAUSE I'M A GOON

POFV HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DQ

AT ALL

I JUST KNOW DQ IS SUPERIOR

I'm more concerned about why Patchouli's going against Remilia.

Perhaps she thinks Remi is taking the mist too far.

Also, I feel this is like a Pokemon-esque remake. FiredRed/LeafGreen has Gen II and Gen III Pokemon, ditto for HG/SS for Gen III and Gen IV and OR/AS for Gen IV, V, and VI.

EoSD is fine without all the characters. I mean i think it'd be cool if ZUN were to remake it eventually, but i dunno i don't really like the idea of a fan remake/what have you doing whatever they want with it.