• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Lol, jk.

Also, what's another good normal for me after I wrap up MoF.

imo LLS > IN > PCB > TD > MoF > DDC > SoEW > EoSD > MS > UFO >>> SA

Go with the first one that you haven't 1cc'd yet.

@Proto: The Resurrection Butterfly response was directed toward Annie, who pretty much said the same damn thing. Either stop criticizing me or criticize her, as well. :/ I wasn't even treating Shezzy's achievement like nothing. So quit your assumptions.

Besides, you said the same thing to me about how easy the stupid thing is when I was happy I captured it on Hard months ago. Don't be a hypocrite.

Uh, Annie strikethrough'd and clarified that it's because of her lucky SFN blind capture, so I knew she was joking. I actually thought you were being serious when you said that, sorry.

I'm pretty sure I didn't downplay your Hard Resurrection Butterfly capture though, or any of your other achievements throughout your Touhou career. I apologize if it appeared that way.

Excuse me, I have gotten there with continues...

> with Continues

Annie plz

and don't forget I capped Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana on my first try :v

SFN is harder than every spell on PCB Normal, so go and 1cc it already!

Uh, Annie strikethrough'd and clarified that it's because of her lucky SFN blind capture, so I knew she was joking. I actually thought you were being serious when you said that, sorry.

I'm pretty sure I didn't downplay your Hard Resurrection Butterfly capture though, or any of your other achievements throughout your Touhou career. I apologize if it appeared that way.

It's fine. I should've clarified more.

Nah, I just remembered things wrong. I blame this migraine.

Didn't both of Marisa's parents disapprove of her pursuit of magic (and she's thus not on speaking terms with them)? At most, Mima was a mother figure.

Edited by Tamarsamar

But then ZUN made someone even stupider than Utsuho with Yoshika . . .

At least Cirno was one of the few who realized the flower thing was totally normal.

This is because fairies age super-slowly or something like that. She remembers being there last time it happened, childish as she is, so it's probably not unreasonable to assume she's something like 110 years old, but that being more like 11 in fairy years.

Edited by Tamarsamar

Would that make Yoshika a ③?

Yeah I know. Just found it funny that such an idiot could remember that after 60 years.

The numbers don't really have that meaning. I mean, Alice is a ⑩, but that has nothing to do with her intelligence.

[spoiler=finally found the image proof I was looking for]p5ss5Fg.jpg

But "cirno is a (9)" is in the instruction book of PoFV, which is IRREVOCABLE PROOF THAT SHE IS STUPID AFSGLLLLLKHHK

But yeah that's why people think she's dumb, that and maybe the "cyro freeze with English beef" thing.

PRINCESS TENKO ILLUSION

I'm surprised Charming Siege isn't what's troubling you. It's Ran's hardest attack.

Charming Siege isn't of roadblock nature. It has some moments that can wall the player (most of which are avoidable if you're skilled enough), but you can just border/bomb/die out of those moments and still clear the spell with some minor losses.

Princess Tenko, on the other hand, is a roadblock spell. Ran is invincible for a good chunk of the spell, and whether you're in a position to hit her while she's vulnerable depends on how you dodged her previous bullets. And even if you bomb, Ran will remain invincible until the next bullet release anyway, so your damage output would be pathetic unless you can find a way to effectively hit her without endangering yourself. If you can't do that, it's going to eat a lot of resources.

That being said, I do agree that Charming Siege is much harder to capture than Princess Tenko once you learn both of them. Shezzy doesn't seem to be in that state yet.

I can get through that with a few bombs.

All those other ones, I just can't.

I'll post a replay.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=37859

Oooooh, gotta analyze this:

[spoiler=Analysis]Pre-Chen - Standard vertical stream on the opener. Missed some power items during tiny bullet streams, but it shouldn't be a big deal. Next set of fairies killed quickly before they could even fire, nice. Except the last set, which was still dealt with. Hexagram fairies were dispatched easily, but you still missed plenty of items there.

Chen - Bombskipping the nonspell, eh? While it can be annoying at first, it may be a good idea to practice it until you can consistently find a safe approach. It's entirely deterministic AFAIK. Great streaming on Red Oni, Blue Oni, securing the capture. Two bombs on Flying Bishamonten is a little too much though. The spell is actually completely static so learning how to do it should secure consistent captures. If you're okay with it, you can check a guide to capturing this spell that I once made a when I was bored[/url].

Post-Chen - Autocollecting here is dangerous, you could have easily gotten killed! As for the part where you died, you should have moved down instead of up, to the space between the two red bullet streams. Bombing to the yellow bullet phase is perfectly normal, though I would suggest trying to kill stuff by going focused first before resorting to bombing. Pretty impressive how you dodged all the PC-98 waves though! There's a simpler way to dodge the last four sets, if you're interested

Yakumo Ran

Non1 - Light purple kunai are aimed so you'll kinda need to stream them. You got pushed into a corner but you captured it before you could get punished for it so it's all good.

Wizard Fox Thoughts - Well, you seem to have a vague idea how to dodge this... maybe. It's purely a trick spell. First of all, make sure you are at the ABSOLUTE BOTTOM during this spell. And when the bullets are generated, try to focus on only the bullet at the front. Quickly determine whether the front bullet will hit you or not and ignore all other bullets. If not, then stay where you are. Otherwise, just move as little as possible, just enough to dodge the bullet.

Non2 - Like Non1, you'll want to stream this too. Still cleared with no losses though.

Banquet - I can understand the border break, but what was with the bomb right after that? Anyhow, moving to the bottom-right to dodge was a good choice, but you should try to utilize all directions in order to dodge.

Non3 - Cleared with no losses again.

Fox-Tanuki Laser - Oooh, you realized that you should stay higher up for this spell, AND you realized that the laser sources aren't any bigger than the lasers themselves, which are the two key factors critical to consistently capture this spell. Good job!

Non4 - Easiest nonspell in this stage, lol

Charming Siege - I would recommend avoiding the absolute bottom here as much as you can. Anyhow, really nice maneuvering after the border break, spending only one bomb before you cleared it.

Non5 - Your approach here looks risky as hell. It is the hardest PCB Ex nonspell though, imo. My suggestion would be to try micrododging only the bullets that would definitely hit you otherwise, but this requires accurate bullet reading and precise dodging.

Princess Tenko - Ah, the second of the three roadblock spells in PCB Ex, and the one that walled me for like, two years. It feels so good to see somebody else getting walled by Tenko like me. Part of me wants to leave you in this state so you can appreciate what I've had to go through before I could clear PCB Ex, but eh, I'm not that sadistic. I'll spoiler my current effective approach for this spell; feel free to check it when you're feeling less masochistic.

[spoiler=Princess Tenko approach]Try to dodge the bullets through mostly horizontal displacement, as opposed to vertical i.e. just alternate between the center-right side and the center-left side of the screen. After dodging the bullets, wait for Ran to show up (or right before she shows up), and back down so you can hit her. Then dodge the next set. Try to move in an infinity symbol where the sides go vertically down instead of curving up. You will still need some practice on the timing, but it should be an easy auto-capture once you master that. By the way, Ran's sprite doesn't hurt you in this spell, but you'll still want to back down anyway so that you can react to the bullets when she fires them.

Non6 - Captured! This is like Non5 except the bullets are easier to read.

Ultimate Buddhist - The third (and final) roadblockish spell in PCB Extra. You seemed to be expecting the red laser, so I assume this wasn't your first attempt. Once again, check the spoiler if you want to know the trick:

[spoiler=Ultimate Buddhist approach]For the blue laser phase (including the start of the spell), stay at the center of the absolute bottom. The laser will not hit you. Move left/right to dodge the bullets if necessary (they're really scarce). Prepare yourself for the red laser phase when you hear the sound.

Once the red laser phase starts, move into an opening (i.e. don't get hit by the laser) towards the center (Ran). Stay close to Ran and circle clockwise around her. You don't need to hug her but try to avoid being too far away from her. The circular bullets may look scary but they're aimed at your sides and won't hit you if you're close to Ran and circling around her. Try to at least stay inside the visible magic circle.

Anyway, prepare for the blue laser phase when you hear the sound. When the blue laser phase starts, move to the nearest edge without touching the blue laser and make your way to the bottom-center again. Repeat as many times as necessary. This is even easier than the other two trick spells once you get the hang of it.

Overall - 3 bombs to Chen is a little too much, but you handled the stage sections really well to be in good shape for Ran. And you performed very well against Ran too, except for Princess Tenko and Ultimate Buddhist. Wizard Fox Thoughts and Banquet could be better too, but try to focus more on perfecting Princess Tenko and Ultimate Buddhist. These are roadblock spells that are critical to whether you can beat PCB Ex or not. And they're among her easier spells once you actually master them. With how skillfully you handled everything else, I doubt any of the stuff after Ultimate Buddhist would be too much of a problem for you. Good luck!

Edited by Formina Sage