• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

I have a video that might help, Shezzy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=L0c-y6tPs3E

Princess Tenko was captured here iirc. Idk, I did this a while ago. XD Still, it shows off the approach.

EDIT: Yeah, it was. Damn, PCB Extra was really fun. I should try to score in it.

Edited by ZM.

I literally can't watch touhou on youtube with that encoding quality, I'm sorry, I'm a snob. Please link a replay file? I mean, I enjoy watching your runs, don't get me wrong.

Edited by Balcerzak

I literally can't watch touhou on youtube with that encoding quality, I'm sorry, I'm a snob. Please link a replay file? I mean, I enjoy watching your runs, don't get me wrong.

I want to get a much better recording software. Hopefully when I get my new laptop.

Also thanks :)

Replay: http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=37310

Oh, Princess Tenko is essentially Sinker Ghost with extra aimed shots and you have to actually defeat it, rather than outlast it. (obviously Sinker Ghost came later chronologically, but frame of reference-wise, I work with what I see when I see it)

Yeah, I can see how that would be a resource hog, definietly.

Damn, PCB Extra was really fun. I should try to score in it.

Scoring is stupid in PCB though. XD Like, my Hard 1cc with MarisaB is only my 5th-highest score. There was a run that ended at Stage 5 that had a higher score than it (and is 3rd overall). Not to mention that scoring basically means you're playing PadsB by default.

Very good run, though! Almost made mine look like garbage. Which MarisaB unfortunately is in this game, but I still like it.

anyone had 1cc LolK normal?

Normal and Hard.

Oh, Princess Tenko is essentially Sinker Ghost with extra aimed shots and you have to actually defeat it, rather than outlast it. (obviously Sinker Ghost came later chronologically, but frame of reference-wise, I work with what I see when I see it)

Yeah, I can see how that would be a resource hog, definietly.

I've worked so much with Sinker Ghost/Dipper Creeping Close that I already knew what to do with Princess Tenko when Proto told me they were similar. XD

Ironically, Yukari's version is easier than Ran's.

Scoring is stupid in PCB though. XD Like, my Hard 1cc with MarisaB is only my 5th-highest score. There was a run that ended at Stage 5 that had a higher score than it (and is 3rd overall). Not to mention that scoring basically means you're playing PadsB by default.

Very good run, though! Almost made mine look like garbage. Which MarisaB unfortunately is in this game, but I still like it.

Heh, thank ya. What was your highest score? I have 824m with MarisaA in PCB Hard.

I watched that, ZM.

Your capture was good, but Sakuya A can't deal nearly as much damage as Marisa on Tenko Illusion.

I'll keep watching it, but I still don't think I can replicate it.

It's really just the same approach with SakuyaA.

If you're having trouble, just 1cc Easy with ReimuB, or something. Easy unlocks Extra in PCB.

I'd like to believe it's not, but is Princess Tenko really screwing you over that badly? Keep in mind the one after that can be pretty nasty if you don't know how to approach it, too.

Haha, that purgatory sucks. I didn't have much trouble getting into Normals or Hards, but I can only do a couple Lunatics. Not that I mind, since I'm satisfied with all I've done that I don't really care for 1ccing each and every Lunatic mode. What I recommend for you to do is try out PCB Normal some more. 1cc it with default lives. You rely way too much on extra lives.

I got to Kanako's second to last attack in MoF.

Panic'd myself to oblivion, you know how I shit on my runs by now.

Haven't even gotten close to replicating it.

Already did IN. Yeah, yeah, it's with max lives, I know, I'm casual.

Fuck DDC's resource system. No.

That's pretty far. Practice some things. Or just bombspam your way through if you're desperate.

Default life that. :P

? DDC's resource system is very comfy.

Like I said, I haven't even gotten close, since then.

Of course, I've been very frustrated and defeatist when I'm playing touhou lately, to the point that I'm just restarting every time I lose a life at stage 1, 2, and 3. Mashing the esc key, and all that.

Hence, I'm not really getting anywhere.

I'll try again.

No!!! :D

Comfy, but still annoying.

...Why would you reset in Stage 3?

You're hopeless. :'D

What's annoying about it?