• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Well, that's not exactly news, is it? So, since you know how bad of an idea it is to ask the fairy maids, go make me some tea. :newyears:

Edited by Scarlet

I don't know, that's such a chore, and I don't have as much time as I would like.

> ability to manipulate time

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

By coming into Stage 6 with 9 lives in stock

Most prominently screwing up the same non-spell three times in a row and failing to bomb at any point. :newyears:

Also, MarisaB's bomb sucks.

(And Marisa's hitbox is too big. D: )

EDIT: No, Proto, that was a Normal Mode run to unlock Extra for MarisaB, because for some reason I apparently hadn't done that yet. :newyears:

Edited by Scarlet

By coming into Stage 6 with 9 lives in stock

...seriously?

Most prominently screwing up the same non-spell three times in a row and failing to bomb at any point. :newyears:

Was it her second non-spell (first soaring one) or the last non-spell (second soaring one)? I tend to screw up more on the former. Latter is easy as long as you put all your effort into dodging instead of trying to hit her.

Also, MarisaB's bomb sucks.

You need to bomb-skip with it moar. Get on Wood Sign, sit on Rin's wheelbarrow/inside Okuu's cape, bomb, and watch that HP drop. Since we're talking about Okuu here, Nuclear Fusion can be dealt with using two bombs and minimal blue bullet dodging, Mega Flare with two bombs and a little dodging, Fixed Star idk since I always capture it, Heaven & Hell Meltdown with 2-3 bombs depending on whether you want to dodge (2) or not (3). As for Hell's Artificial Sun, MarisaB clears up a pretty wide space.

(And Marisa's hitbox is too big. D: )

This I completely agree with on how annoying it is.

EDIT: No, Proto, that was a Normal Mode run to unlock Extra for MarisaB, because for some reason I apparently hadn't done that yet. :newyears:

You still haven't done that? It's my favorite SA shot type!

The Continue Clear I sent you indicates that I beat Stage 6 when entering with only two lives. If you died seven times... >_>

...seriously?

Seriously. :newyears:

Was it her second non-spell (first soaring one) or the last non-spell (second soaring one)?

The former, although I died to the other one as well. :newyears:

You need to bomb-skip with it moar. Get on Wood Sign, sit on Rin's wheelbarrow/inside Okuu's cape, bomb, and watch that HP drop. Since we're talking about Okuu here, Nuclear Fusion can be dealt with using two bombs and minimal blue bullet dodging, Mega Flare with two bombs and a little dodging, Fixed Star idk since I always capture it, Heaven & Hell Meltdown with 2-3 bombs depending on whether you want to dodge (2) or not (3). As for Hell's Artificial Sun, MarisaB clears up a pretty wide space.

Dude, I managed not to die to Rin even once (which is worth mentioning because I usually do). I captured most of her spells (including Needle Mountain at 0 Power). I wasn't in the mood for bomb-skipping, especially since I've beaten Okuu without losing lives before. D:

As for Okuu, I captured Fixed Star and didn't die to Nuclear Fusion, but everything else was terrible. Meh.

That said, it was still a 1cc, just one with an absurdly terrible Okuu fight. :newyears:

Edited by Scarlet

Seriously. :newyears:

How do you Stage 5?

The former, although I died to the other one as well. :newyears:

Died, of course, not bombed

Dude, I managed not to die to Rin even once (which is worth mentioning because I usually do). I captured most of her spells (including Needle Mountain at 0 Power). I wasn't in the mood for bomb-skipping, especially since I've beaten Okuu without losing lives before. D:

Needle Mountain capture at 0 Power, lolwut? Anyhow, my point was that whether or not you were in the mood for bomb-skipping, MarisaB's bomb is amazing at close range. It makes up for the lack of general utility (like Yukari's and Aya's) with something that you didn't really exploit, at least not against Okuu.

I'd still consider her bomb to at least be better than the other Marisa bombs, even at long-range.

As for Okuu, I captured Fixed Star and didn't die to Nuclear Fusion, but everything else was terrible. Meh.

Heaven & Hell Meltdown and Hell's Artificial Sun are understandable, and even Mega Flare can betray you sometimes. I wouldn't really consider that to be terrible unless you failed some of her non-soaring non-spells too.

That said, it was still a 1cc, just one with an absurdly terrible Okuu fight. :newyears:

Now go play with Koishi using MarisaB!

Meh..I passed stage 5's hard on my 1st try with reimu A >.<

Mega/giga flare's bangs shrink much faster than you think, so focusing on small bullets is more advisable

For needle mountain, you just need to move from the spot where the spirit wheel targets you while cleverly grazing the incoming needles, 4-5 centimeters should do .

Also, tbh, Knock out in three steps looked rather self explanatory to me. I just died to it because of a minor positioning problem.

Up Until now I still havent figured how to read that spell TAT

Have you 1cc'd SA?

Meh..I passed stage 5's hard on my 1st try with reimu A >.<

How many bombs/lives lost?

ReimuA has awesome teleportation though.

Mega/giga flare's bangs shrink much faster than you think, so focusing on small bullets is more advisable

The problem with Mega Flare is that it's continuous. You don't get any time to rest at all. And Okuu has enormous HP >_<

For needle mountain, you just need to move from the spot where the spirit wheel targets you while cleverly grazing the incoming needles, 4-5 centimeters should do .

Yeah, I know how to deal with it, and have managed to dodge several waves by relying on the sounds. But actually capturing it? Nope!

Also, tbh, Knock out in three steps looked rather self explanatory to me. I just died to it because of a minor positioning problem.

Well, with Marisa's huge hitbox, micrododging the blue waves is sometimes easier said than done. Reimu should be fine though.

Up Until now I still havent figured how to read that spell TAT

Stay in the middle layer while the bullets are being set up. The spell alternates between blue and red bullets. For the blue bullets, back out and micrododge. For the red bullets, slip between the clumps.

Well, with Marisa's huge hitbox, micrododging the blue waves is sometimes easier said than done. Reimu should be fine though.

Stay in the middle layer while the bullets are being set up. The spell alternates between blue and red bullets. For the blue bullets, back out and micrododge. For the red bullets, slip between the clumps.

Well then I won't use Marisa then :<

Oh hey just like Ikaruga

How do you Stage 5?

I dunno, Stage 5 is my worst stage in SA (and yes, I died once to the stage itself, just not to Rin). Although MarisaB's water shot roflstomps it for the most part, just like all other stages.

Anyhow, my point was that whether or not you were in the mood for bomb-skipping, MarisaB's bomb is amazing at close range.

That requires getting into melee range, which I don't normally do. :newyears:

And unlike MoF bombs, MarisaB's in SA does absolutely nothing to bosses if it doesn't hit them directly. You don't even get a lot of invincibility frames. :/

I'd still consider her bomb to at least be better than the other Marisa bombs, even at long-range.

Nah. MarisaA's bomb at least deals some damage, and clearing bullets up ahead is often preferable to only clearing those directly around you. MarisaC's doesn't deal damage, but gives you up to 9 seconds of safety and clears the entire screen of bullets if you do get hit.

Heaven & Hell Meltdown and Hell's Artificial Sun are understandable, and even Mega Flare can betray you sometimes. I wouldn't really consider that to be terrible unless you failed some of her non-soaring non-spells too.

It's not that I failed them that upsets me, it's that I outright died to them. Usually I can kinda get by by just bombing like mad. :/

Now go play with Koishi using MarisaB!

That was my intention. :newyears: