• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

You know what, I don't even care about beating it for the sense of accomplishment anymore. I just want to clear it, and have it out of my fucking life.This is insane.

Your first mistake was trying to replicate your run, your second was forcing yourself to even do so in the first place.

Just play for fun, bro, you won't get so mad.

I've had experiences like that too.

The worst thing about HRtP is that you have to press ZX twice in quick succession in order to use a bomb.

Sometimes I died simply because I couldn't press ZX twice quickly enough.

I've also gotten hit by the Yin-Yang Orb in the short moment between flipping the last panel and getting the stage clear screen.

I can't. There is no fun. Restarting fifty times because I lost a life to Chen, dying slowly to Ran, getting so close, but still being stuck in this cycle, it's awful.

Fun is IN easy. Or, any of the games for that matter. This is not fun.

Often, I find my first, most relaxed run of the day is the one I do best on. After that, I get hypercritical on my mistakes, and reset way too often. Most deaths are actually recoverable for, and attempting to force perfection on yourself makes for worse runs.

Maybe it depends on personality type.

I think I'd have trouble holding the shot button when I have to bomb or (in TD) Trance.

I think Gamepads generally have Bomb and Focus as shoulder buttons.

Trance sounds like it would be annoying though.

You know what, I don't even care about beating it for the sense of accomplishment anymore. I just want to clear it, and have it out of my fucking life.This is insane.

I've actually felt this way a few times in my history with Touhou. In some cases, I did succeed eventually and was happy about it. But in a few other cases, I've given up on them and even now I have yet to accomplish them. You should seriously consider taking a break.

I can't. There is no fun. Restarting fifty times because I lost a life to Chen, dying slowly to Ran, getting so close, but still being stuck in this cycle, it's awful.

Fun is IN easy. Or, any of the games for that matter. This is not fun.

This happens because your frustration keeps piling up in consecutive runs, which also hurts your performance. Rather than try PCB Extra over and over again in a really long sitting, I would suggest splitting them around. Play PCB Ex but stop once you feel frustrated about it. Then do other stuff until you calm down and feel like playing PCB Ex again. This should help a lot, both for your psychological state, and your performance in PCB Ex.

Also, resetting 50 times to Chen is also a discouraging sign. It's okay to bomb a few times to Chen. It's okay to bomb to anything. It's also okay to lose a life or even two, before fighting Ran. The one time you reach Ran with only one extra life may be the time that you beat her. And even if you don't beat her, the extra practice is always helpful. Resetting the run makes your attempts feel tedious and stressful, when you're really supposed to be just having fun with it.

Then you really need to take a break, man. You'll end up hating Touhou as a whole if this keeps up.

^This

Can't even get past Tenko Illusion.

Maybe I would take a break, but I have absolutely nothing else I want to do.

Remember when I said that Tenko walled me for nearly two years (well, it was actually 22 months but close enough)? I got walled by Princess Tenko there. I only reached Ultimate Buddhist like, once, and got wrecked by it. Yeah, I was really frustrated too, but I did take a break, cleared a bunch of other Normals, Hards, and Extras, and then went back to Ran to beat her, more than 22 months after my numerous Tenko wall runs.

I'm not suggesting you to take 22 months off of PCB Ex. But I am suggesting that you take a break from it. I know what it's like to get walled by Tenko and taking a break was a really good idea for me imo. You should consider doing the same. Play PCB Ex again when you feel like doing so, which could be a few days later, or a month later, or even 22 months later. Just don't force yourself to play PCB Ex. Because if you end up pushing yourself too hard, there's a possibility that the achievement will feel utterly meaningless and hollow due to the overwhelming frustration that led to it. Please don't let that happen...

Shezzy's attitude about Touhou now isn't an ideal one.

It's not, but it's something that pops up in plenty of people at various specific occasions. Both you and I have experienced situations like this, and yet we both recovered from them pretty well.

Yeah friend, you need to find peace.

Taking a little break would do you good, I think. Or at least slowing down.

In other news, Marisa kicked my ass in SoEW again.

SoEW Marisa does that a lot~

Also, wheee, you're playing SoEW!

Right as Ran exploded on her final attack,

I got hit.

What the fuck fate.

You're probably gonna hate me when I say this but this happens to pretty much every Touhou player at some point or another. Heck, even for my first Ex Clear (EoSD Ex), I experienced this exact same thing. I could see Flandre exploding when I died >_>. And I've experienced similar situations multiple times after that.

The question now is on how you feel about it. Yes, there is a huge giant "why the hell is this happening to me?" but once you get over that, will it be replaced/accompanied by "I was so close, I can do this!" or "This is stupid, I hate this game and never want to touch it again"? If it's the former, then keep trying. If it's the latter, THEN TAKE A BREAK, seriously.