• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

I dunno, Stage 5 is my worst stage in SA (and yes, I died once to the stage itself, just not to Rin). Although MarisaB's water shot roflstomps it for the most part, just like all other stages.

Oh, okay, yeah, I do remember Water Sign trivializing everything back when I was abusing Continues on Stage 5. That never happens to me in an actual Normal run because Satori eats up all my Power and then Cat Rin will eat up whatever I've built back. Water Sign at <2 Power isn't very impressive.

That requires getting into melee range, which I don't normally do. :newyears:

And unlike MoF bombs, MarisaB's in SA does absolutely nothing to bosses if it doesn't hit them directly. You don't even get a lot of invincibility frames. :/

Well, it's not like SA bombs are known to deal high damage anyway. Aya's bomb, and possibly Yukari's, are the only ones that seem really good to me.

Nah. MarisaA's bomb at least deals some damage, and clearing bullets up ahead is often preferable to only clearing those directly around you. MarisaC's doesn't deal damage, but gives you up to 9 seconds of safety and clears the entire screen of bullets if you do get hit.

But SA has a lot of bullets that don't threaten you vertically. MarisaA tends to need two bombs to deal with whatever can be done with one bomb from other shot types, and she has to go through the pain of building up all that Power from scratch (because even with 1-3 extra lives, she'll only get three big P items).

MarisaC's bomb, though, is pretty good for its purpose (though not as good as DDC SakuyaA). Still, it only protects you once and it doesn't damage anything, so all it does is prevent death once while you still have to deal with the entire duration of the spell card.

It's not that I failed them that upsets me, it's that I outright died to them. Usually I can kinda get by by just bombing like mad. :/

Clearly it's your confidence that kept you from bombing.

Except for Hell's Artificial Sun. It's somehow incredibly difficult to deathbomb to that, even if you fully plan to do so.

That was my intention. :newyears:

I'm guessing that overpowered Earth shot might help with Genetics of the Subconscious. But don't forget that Fire Sign is so weak that everything else might drag for too long.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Well, it's not like SA bombs are known to deal high damage anyway. Aya's bomb, and possibly Yukari's, are the only ones that seem really good to me.

ReimuB's can also be pretty decent on Lunatic (and to some lesser extent on Hard), but yeah.

But SA has a lot of bullets that don't threaten you vertically. MarisaA tends to need two bombs to deal with whatever can be done with one bomb from other shot types, and she has to go through the pain of building up all that Power from scratch (because even with 1-3 extra lives, she'll only get three big P items).

Well, I usually don't bomb to "deal" with something, I bomb to avoid death. Even MarisaA can usually accomplish that with just one bomb. :newyears:

But yeah, MarisaA is basically completely screwed if she bombs too often or dies, all the way until she drops to her last life, and that's the main reason why I consider her to be the worst shot type in SA. Ironically, she's not all that bad in Extra because there I'm pretty much always on my final life. xD

MarisaC's bomb, though, is pretty good for its purpose (though not as good as DDC SakuyaA). Still, it only protects you once and it doesn't damage anything, so all it does is prevent death once while you still have to deal with the entire duration of the spell card.

Again, for my purposes that's alright!

And remember that it clears the entire screen of bullets when it activates*, too, so you usually do shave a few seconds off the timer because you can hardly die if there are no bullets to get hit by. :newyears:

*Outside of specific spellcards like Yuugi's Knockout in Three Steps, Rin's Needle Mountain or Okuu's Hell and Heaven Meltdown, which have bullets that cannot be cleared no matter what. If you get hit during one of those, you just get like half a second of invincibility. Ouch.

I'm guessing that overpowered Earth shot might help with Genetics of the Subconscious.

I dunno, I usually just time it out; even ReimuC didn't have any luck with that, haha.

Although as far as I'm concerned, Koishi's hardest spellcard is Danmaku Paranoia by quite a long shot. And it's pretty much impossible to deathbomb that, so...

I just captured Knock Out in Three Steps with 0.65 power.

Go me.

Also, I got to Satori's second ti last spell card. I bet I'm.going to start doing terribly now.

Edited by Locke Cole

Go Kalas go!

And don't worry, Satori shouldn't be too bad! Double Butterfly Black Death is a lame card that I usually bomb to anyway. >w>

Brotip for Stage 5 if you get through: A single rotating yin-yang orb with spirits flying left and right of it is your cue to let go of your shot button. :V

In my experience with MarisaB, Knockout in Three Steps doesn't care much about Power. Whether at 0.00 Power or 4.00 Power, you have to dodge two blue waves, and 1-2 red waves. Considering how lame the red waves are, low Power shouldn't affect its capturability.

Kalas-chan, Stage 5 spirits release aimed bullets when they are shot. And since you have trouble with streaming, I would advise you to NEVER shoot the spirits, even if you're low on Power. Especially when there's also a yin-yang orb in the center of the screen firing bullets, as Fera mentioned. Just sit in the middle and relax without shooting.

Brotip for Stage 5 if you get through: A single rotating yin-yang orb with spirits flying left and right of it is your cue to let go of your shot button. :V

But the point items! :newyears:

Although SA is definitely harder than MoF, I used to feel the same way, so I don't think so. :newyears:

(You get slightly more lives in SA than in MoF if you never die to bosses, though.)

Although SA is definitely harder than MoF, I used to feel the same way, so I don't think so. :newyears:

(You get slightly more lives in SA than in MoF if you never die to bosses, though.)

Yay, Vampire-chan agrees.

how is it bad

it means you're having fun

uaweiGIl.jpg

I'm.scared now.

But really, I.used to think.that SA was the untouchably difficult game. But it's the untouchably difficult game I.have a soft.spot for. ;_;

UFO's difficulty is really just three things:

a) Greed (Stage 4 UFOs are particularly bad)

b) Sexy lasers seducing me into their curves

c) Shinki's greatest disciple Byakuren

For some reason I.feel a lot more comfortable with SA than I.do with MoF. Is that bad?

Don't worry, I do too. I think it's because the stages are much more straightforward, unlike MoF where a bunch of different stuff happen. Also, the huge difficulty also discourages you from being complacent.

Actually getting so many lives in SA is kinda unrealistic... unless you're a pro like Fera/Raykitty that clearly don't need them.

The untouchably difficult game is UFO. :newyears:

^This

I haven't even played that yet.

I.will soon for Kogasaaaaaaaaaaa though.

Speaking of Kogasa, I captured her final spell today and consider that to be an achievement. A Stage 2 boss. That's how tough it is. Which is like SA, except bombing against Parsee won't reduce your bomb supply in the long run.

Back when I was a scrublord, I could go into UFO's Stage 6 with maxed out lives (8) and 4 bombs in stock and still fail to 1cc. :newyears:

At least you made it with 8 lives >_>

Besides, your failure was mostly due to your refusal to bomb to Byakuren. I can understand not bombing to Fantastica, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't bomb to her other stuff.

Actually, I'd say dying nine times to the same boss takes a lot of charisma. :newyears:

Nah, I think it's just extreme overconfidence.

UFO's difficulty is really just three things:

a) Greed (Stage 4 UFOs are particularly bad)

b) Sexy lasers seducing me into their curves

c) Shinki's greatest disciple Byakuren

Greed alone is such a serious issue because it's also necessary for resource hounding. In previous Touhou games, except SA, you can easily get your last Extend without being too greedy. SA resources involved clearing attacks, which was unrelated to greed.

I disagree with B too, except when it overlaps with C. I doubt you'd have trouble with Shou's lasers after all this time.

Most people recommend to collect bombs as many as you can for byakuren then spam all of them during her battle

While I havent tried it, I dont see why not =.=

Most people recommend to collect bombs as many as you can for byakuren then spam all of them during her battle

While I havent tried it, I dont see why not =.=

green all the way :newyears:

do it proto c'mon

Don't worry, I do too. I think it's because the stages are much more straightforward, unlike MoF where a bunch of different stuff happen. Also, the huge difficulty also discourages you from being complacent.

Speaking of Kogasa, I captured her final spell today and consider that to be an achievement. A Stage 2 boss. That's how tough it is. Which is like SA, except bombing against Parsee won't reduce your bomb supply in the long run.

Yeah, that's probably.it.

Then again I usually struggled with Parsee before getting.better so...

double black death butterfly is the only thing between me and zero death count

damn that yukari

proto do you want an mof analysis