• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

My sis in Touhou form is named Hecatia, not Hecanko.

From what I can observe, her nons are worse than the spells, like Mokou.

Nue is annoying mainly due to the power drop. And the stage segments and Midboss, but I bombskip the latter.

[spoiler=LoLK Ex]Hecanko = Hecatia + Junko, since the two of them form the Ex boss

Yup, the death penalty, stage segments, and midboss are among the annoying aspects of UFO Ex. Only other factor I would add is UFO management, since generating enough resources AND dealing with the stage sections properly can be quite troublesome.

Mistakes pile up in UFO~

Well, the death penalty is more severe in the Ex imo, because Story Mode still lets you bombskip spells and get plenty of power back. But if you go below 2 Power against Nue, you're pretty much screwed even if you have a bunch of resources (unless you're at like, Nightmare or something)

I got so close today in the extra.

If only I hadn't choked in and then there were none.

And panic bombed cadiotropic...

It's going to take me years to get back to that point.

Panic bombing Catadioptric is fine. I assume you died at And Then There Were None though, with bombs remaining. Try not to get too greedy if you're near the end. If you can reach Ripples with even 1/0, you should be fine. So don't hesitate to bomb your way to secure that.

It may take years to replicate this performance, but that's fine. Did you see that replay where I reached Maze of Love with 4 lives? Yeah, I never managed to pull that off again, but I was still able to clear EoSD Ex a few days later. Also, in my experience, it's usually in relatively bad runs that victory ends up arising on. I have countless personal experiences attesting to this. Just don't give up.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

[spoiler=LoLK Ex]Hecanko = Hecatia + Junko, since the two of them form the Ex boss

it's usually in relatively bad runs that victory ends up arising on. I have countless personal experiences attesting to this. Just don't give up.

[spoiler=LoLK ex]There's no need to call them a weird name. Just call the boss Hecatia

Can confirm, Sakuya Solo Ex and Marisa Solo Ex went bad

IRT Flan's EX, it was the toughest one I've beaten so far (others I've beaten are Suwako and Raiko, so not much of a pool to compare with xD)

However, it took me a long long time to reach her final spell - but when I did I cleared it. Stinginess wasn't an issue because I got there with at least 3 bombs and a life left. If you feel like you're low on resources, try and nail the stage as best you can, or practice the other parts of Flan more so you can capture them instead of bombing. Maze of Love is a particularly good place to practice, on the runs towards the end I was getting through Maze of Love with just one bomb, and I could probably capture it if I kept trying.

@Proto: Raiko is easy with ReimuA and SakuyaA too, not just MarisaB. Pristine Beat is her biggest threat IMO.

Hi YuugenMagan.

Your route sucks, fight me in Hell.

I agree, he was my worst boss.

I had a very fun Sariel fight (with a few dumb mistakes) though. I should replay it again before I forget everything I learned, and reduce my continues used.

I agree, he was my worst boss.

I had a very fun Sariel fight (with a few dumb mistakes) though. I should replay it again before I forget everything I learned, and reduce my continues used.

YuugenMagan wasn't so bad for me. Struggled a lot with them at first, but once I got the hang of their patterns, I got much better.

Sariel, though, I've never been able to do well against her. The continues I've lost to that woman...

Cleared: No

I almost always forget to adjust that dropdown on the games it doesn't autodetect for you too.

Why did you bomb the non before Love Maze? If it's because you couldn't get back under the boss, you were close enough to timing it out I thought...

Sariel, though, I've never been able to do well against her. The continues I've lost to that woman...

Oh, don't get me wrong, I fucked up a lot too on some pretty easy shit with her. Still, it's a nice feeling when things actually go more or less smoothly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0fIREFJGZw

Whoa, congratulations!

Hi YuugenMagan.

Your route sucks, fight me in Hell.

Yuugenmagan is the worst boss on Makai Normal for me.

Thanks, that was easily the toughest extra I've done.

Or at least, the most annoying.

(completed Mokou, Ran, and Yukari for reference).

Though Flan-chan's was the first Ex I beat, I can see how she would be harder than those three.

Any ideas on where to go next?

As for me,

[spoiler=LoLK Ex rage][23/08/2015 9:57:12 PM] Sajed Haque: There are mainly two obstacles so far

[23/08/2015 9:57:18 PM] Sajed Haque: 1. Odd waves of Spell #5

[23/08/2015 9:57:26 PM] Sajed Haque: 2. THE FREAKING EVIL SPELL #7

[23/08/2015 9:57:38 PM] Crystal Clear: haven't seen #7

[23/08/2015 9:57:42 PM] Sajed Haque: I've never even depleted its health

[23/08/2015 9:57:51 PM] Sajed Haque: it's not a survival spell, but I always end up timing it out

[23/08/2015 9:57:56 PM] Sajed Haque: after I die twice

[23/08/2015 9:58:01 PM] Sajed Haque: both deaths having all their bombs spent

Shezzy, hurry up and try LoLK Ex so you can teach me how to Hecatia

I guess I just have to play some more on normal. I've 1cc'd IN, PCB, EoSD, and MoF on normal so far, now DDC, which I'm not a big fan of.

DDC piles resources on you though, you should be able to bombskip to the finish.

Seriously though, DDC is fun :( Its normal isn't particularly hard though. Try SA's normal instead.

Edited by Relick

Thanks.

Yeah. A lot of it was just resource starvation for me.

That's the main challenge in EoSD Ex imo. The patterns aren't especially difficult, though Ripples is imo the toughest Spell #10 from the ones I've seen.

The only other extra that interests me is SA's. Which apparently isn't happening for a while.

I guess I just have to play some more on normal. I've 1cc'd IN, PCB, EoSD, and MoF on normal so far, now DDC, which I'm not a big fan of.

You should play more PC-98s! They're great!

Lolk is insane, no thank you.

Only Story Mode is insane. The Ex, while being one of the harder Extras, is not that ridiculous. Well, except for Spell #7. That thing is crazy.

I find the game really hard.

And I get discouraged when I continuously die, so even if I have the resources it doesn't work out for me.

Hmmm, that's gonna be a problem. For games like UFO and DDC where you can rack up loads of lives, you need to accept that death is perfectly fine.

I was thinking about doing SA, yeah.

SA Normal is the second toughest Normal from the standard danmaku games imo. So, uh, good luck with that!

You can probably handle it though. Maybe.

Exactly. I kind of like how the spells feel a bit more skill based though, for an extra.

Does it, now? A lot of Flan-chan's stuff are actually trick-based, but you can often get away well enough without having to learn them. In fact, there are very few Flan-chan spells that are based on pure randomness.

I was thinking lotus land story.

LLS is a great game! It's where my waifu debuted~ Its Story Mode is easier than the other games when compared on the same difficulty so you should have no problem with 1ccing Normal (you may even be able to 1cc Hard!). The Ex isn't a cakewalk like Story, but it's still not very difficult (except for the needles in Gengetsu Spark). It's slightly trick-based though, I should warn you.

I guess. But still, I'm not a fan of LoLK's mechanics. Or any of the post SA mechanics, sorry.

...wait, I just remembered that Hecanko's nonspells and spells are both mostly trick-based as hell, so yeah, it's probably not a good time for you to touch LoLK Ex, nvm...