• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

double black death butterfly

catwalk

nuclear fusion

all of these need to burn

meanwhile I still haven't finished my Aya run lol

Personally, I cant catch death butterfly yet

For her 2nd spell, dont get panic from incoming butterflies, just focus on the vertical lasers, and DONT TRY TO ESCAPE FROM BUTTERFLIES WHENyou are grazing the lasers

You can only escape when your free frlm the incoming lasers

Borders of particles dont try to dodge it, simply rely on your reflex, just look the bullets, not reimu and dontnmpve too much

It's around a 25% capture rate for me. So far it's the only spell that feels completely random and cannot be memorized through any pattern or strategy. Mega Flare comes close, but it's still just "try not to get hit by the blue things while figuring out which suns are safe to slip by".

Fantastica needs experience and calm decision

You should be fine till the red cards starts appearing,, abd speaking for bombs, its natural, people tend to be more skillful wheen they're more desperate

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier. But Fantastica is a special case because, although bombing could prevent a potential death, it makes the spell a lot harder to deal with. The spell gets tougher with time, and Byakuren takes absolutely 0 damage during the bomb. So all your bomb will do is fast-forward the spell as it approaches the more insane patterns.

double black death butterfly

catwalk

nuclear fusion

I agree on the first two. I stand by my opinion that Nuclear Fusion is easier than Needle Mountain. Heck, you just captured Nuclear Fusion in front of me while failing Needle Mountain!

I can't claim any of Yukari!Satori's spells. It's making.me mad.

Nah, it's fine. Don't be mad for not being able to capture really difficult stuff. Back when I used Yukari, I couldn't capture any of Yukari's spells except for the occasional Flying Insect's Nest. And even with my current skill level, while playing MarisaB, I absolutely could not capture two of Satori's spells and always bombskipped both of those.

In other words, not capturing Satori's character-specific spells is perfectly normal. They are very hard.

Also, I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Border of Particle and Wave :kefka:

This man understands me.

In other news, I finally 1cc'd UFO, which means I have now 1cc'd all 14 Touhou integers on Normal Mode! I still have Th01 Hell route left, but I want to maintain what little sanity I still have left for a bit longer.

Watching a Stage 4 Perfect Lunatic video. Commentary on Double Black Death Butterfly: "Basically an RNG party."

This is still fun, though.

Should be obvious by now, but don't stick to the same lane. You have to change lanes to dodge the butterflies. That's all the dodging that's required, really. As long as you can change lanes frequently enough, you'll be able to capture it with no other form of dodging.

Edited by Railgun

as long as you change one lane each wave, the butterfly wont get u >.<

dont look the incoming butterflies, just focusing on changing lanes

Tempest of Heaven and Earth is pretty cool.

Tenshi, how do you survive a bath in lava and then manage to drown in a stupid river? D:

Edited by Scarlet

Switching back to Aya for the draft, I started dying to worthless crap like Hell's Wheels of Pain (how) and Hanasaka (Proto pls go)

Apparently playing Yukari and listening to original SA music is too laid-back

So I turned the sound off (caution: metal)

The only disadvantage is that I cut off the game sfx too, which makes stuff like Anathema Ritual slightly more difficult

Will probably turn it back on for Stage 5 onwards though, those sfx cues are too important

I dodge certain spells based on sound cues.

Utsuho's Nuclear Fusion and Rin's Needle Mountain are prime examples, you need to get ready to shift your position as soon as the sound effect starts to play. In addition, you learn to associate certain parts of the background music to anticipate some parts of stages. I exploit Stage 5 heavily based on this. This isn't really something you have to do, but it's nice.

You're back!

Not much. I extended the deadline for the draft, so you still have a couple of days left for your SA entry. ^^

Oh yeah, and I guess Jprebs changed his avatar a couple of times.

Edited by Scarlet