• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Yes Proto, I mean 1cc.

I'll make you and Scarlet proud.

I guess I don't count as an entity worth mentioning anymore. :Kappa:

I also won't be bothered to email you those links

Edited by Setsuna Sakurazaki

Well I got to Miko on my first try after not playing TD for like several months so I think I'm a bit justified.

Well I got to Miko on my first try after not playing TD for like several months so I think I'm a bit justified.

That's great! I should get some pointers for my run!

Cool story.

Hey now. Don't say that. That's what makes fights start

No fighting, please

What do I press to go into trance mode because I could probably 1cc TD right now if I knew.

C button is the default, but it can probably be changed.

And yes, if you 1cc'd EoSD, I think you can definitely 1cc TD!

Also, try to go into Trance Mode when you see purple spirits. Purple spirits accumulate to form extra lives (and are the only means of getting extra lives in this game) and collecting them under Trance doubles their value. TD is very stingy with extra lives, so you'll want to rack up as much extra lives as you can get.

What do I press to go into trance mode because I could probably 1cc TD right now if I knew.

That'd be the C button if you're using the keyboard, and in which case you can't re-bind it to a different key. I prefer to use a gamepad, personally.

Having the right to do something doesn't mean you should do it. Anyhow,

[spoiler=Jprebs EoSD 1cc Analysis]Stage 1 - Perfect clear, nice. Good job with item auto-collection.

Rumia - Laser grazing, yay! You didn't graze her last spell though. Anyhow, still a perfect clear.

Stage 2 - Also a perfect clear. Abused auto-collection very well after reaching Full Power. Homing shots are so nice.

Cirno - Great job on her first non-spell. Icicle Fall, yes, finally, somebody else who isn't hogging the bottom to this spell! Everything was perfect-cleared nicely.

Stage 3 - Item collection was executed very well here. Panic bomb on midboss Meiling, but hey, it beats dying. Midboss spell was captured though. More nice auto-collect abuse though you kinda missed some items because of being driven to the edge.

Meiling - First non-spell was good. The dodging in Rainbow Wind Chime looked dangerous and the bomb was understandable. Colorful Rain was a good capture. It was quite impressive how you maintained your cool (didn't bomb) during Extreme Color Typhoon... until you died.

Stage 4 - Whoa, you dodged the aimed bullets pretty well. Everything else was really good too. lolKoakuma. You bombed during an aimed bullets session (which probably caught you by surprise, from your reaction). You messed up during the red fairies parts though. When you see the red fairies, you should focus on killing them asap. Their death causes a screenclear, allowing you to quickly move on to the next red fairy and so on. Then again, bombing probably helped your score a lot.

Patchy - First Non-directional Laser bomb seemed kinda unnecessary, since the gap was right in front of you. Second Non-Directional Laser had some dangerous slipping through a stream, but you survived so it was all good. Agni Shine, Rage Trithilon, and Lava Cromlech were good captures. Mercury Poison had an admittedly silly death, and what I assume was a ragebomb following it.

Stage 5 - Seven lives into Stage 5 is a whole lot! You dodged everything pre-midboss too! As for midboss!Sakuya's non-spell, you were probably trying to slip between the red knives, which is imo a very bad idea. You should instead slip through the space between the red knives and the blue daggers. You may need to move in an S to dodge two sets of red knives.

As for Misdirection, this is basically a very simple streaming spell. The idea is to move as little possible. Dodge with tiny movements only when you need to and stay near either the right or left edge (so that you can hit Sakuya).

Post-midboss was pretty good, until you died colliding into a bullet in the bottom-right corner. Well, as others have pointed out, silly deaths are perfectly normal in Touhou. Also, you tried to auto-collect before you forgot you weren't at full Power, causing you to miss the Power items that would get you to full power. This happens to me a lot too.

Sakuya - First non-spell dragged on for far too long, but you cleared it. Clock Corpse had a funny collision that you deathbomb'd to, nice! For the second non-spell, imo you were staying too close to the bottom. You should stay higher up and actively try to go between knife sets rather than try to run away from them.

You were safe during the Luna Clock bomb, but better be safe than sorry. Final non-spell was bomb-skipped, which was understandable since it involves daggers from the side too. You dealt with Marionette really well, despite spending a single bomb on it.

Stage 6 - One of the bullets went dangerously close to your hitbox. And then you later died to a pretty simple wave before bombing to the next waves. I guess you have a pretty hard time with Stage 6. Bomb during Sakuya's non-spell was understandable, since you were kinda trapped. As for Eternal Meek, imo you should do it unfocused since you might want the speed to reactively dodge to the bullets.

Remirya - Bomb at first non-spell, don't worry, it's her hardest non-spell imo. Star of David death (ATTN: RAYKITTY~!) was understandable, given the situation. You almost made it through the Scarlet Shoot non-spell before bombing. Scarlet Netherworld is quite difficult so bombing to it was a good decision.

You also need to stop panicking to the red daggers non-spell. You're aware of how trivial it is, so you could've just backed out once you realize that it started and started dodging. Vlad Tepes, it's always the dagger that kills you, yup! Was that a ragebomb after the death? Final non-spell had an unfortunate bomb too. Scarlet Shoot had a funny deathbomb. I'm not sure why you were just sitting there while the bubble was coming at you. There was a silly death right after that too.

Finally, Red Magic. The first bomb was quite unnecessary, but you were probably panicking at the bullet density. Second bomb was understandable though. And then you finally beat Red Magic without even dying!

Overall: You have your basic dodging skills here. You also seem to have a solid understanding of your own capabilities and bombed accordingly. Sadly, though, you also ended up dying a lot of silly deaths. There were a few good deathbombs though. You should really avoid ragebombing though. This was quite decent for a first 1cc, and I think, with those skills, you can definitely move on to 1cc other Touhou games. Assuming you don't die too many silly deaths, of course.

Edited by Railgun

Star of David death (ATTN: RAYKITTY~!)

Star of David is one of the easiest spells in the game, but that doesn't mean you can't die to it. I don't blame him or anything. :V

Star of David is one of the easiest spells in the game, but that doesn't mean you can't die to it. I don't blame him or anything. :V

did you miss the part where I said it was an understandable death? Edited by Railgun

No, but I'm not sure why you put my name there. xD

"easier than Perfect Freeze"

Not disagreeing with how easy Star of David is, but that was definitely an exaggeration.

Do you not get lives from points in extra stage?

For which game? In EoSD, I think you do, but the requirements are different. For TD, nope, it's just purple spirits.

Is Yuuka the final boss in LLS? I thought I read there was another stage after stage 5

What makes you think she's the final boss?

Ah, well, since Kalas-chan already told you, yes, she is the final boss. In Stage 5, you rudely barge into her mansion while she's sleeping. Hence why you fight her in her pajamas and she's all sleepy and stuff. If you can impress her in Stage 5 (which is by never Continuing), then she'll accept you as a worthy opponent and will fight you seriously in Stage 6.

(don't worry, her Stage 5 Master Spark is still tougher than everything she does in Stage 6).

The fact that two stages have the same boss, and that Stage 4 has Reimu/Marisa as a boss might be reasons as to why the Extra Stage has two bosses, to compensate for the smaller Story Mode cast.

Edited by Railgun

What makes you think she's the final boss?

Ah, well, since Kalas-chan already told you, yes, she is the final boss. In Stage 5, you rudely barge into her mansion while she's sleeping. Hence why you fight her in her pajamas and she's all sleepy and stuff. If you can impress her in Stage 5 (which is by never Continuing), then she'll accept you as a worthy opponent and will fight you seriously in Stage 6.

(don't worry, her Stage 5 Master Spark is still tougher than everything she does in Stage 6).

The fact that two stages have the same boss, and that Stage 4 has Reimu/Marisa as a boss might be reasons as to why the Extra Stage has two bosses, to compensate for the smaller Story Mode cast.

Ah I beat her in stage 5 but got wrecked by Marisa earlier so I had to continue. Oh and bombs are the x button. I was doin so well until Marisa. And then on Yuuka I got wrecked by master spark twice. Both times I went to the center and was like "I wonder which attack is ne.. AHHHHH"

Edited by metalsnowman3

Proto, i think im starting Pc-98 games now,,

what emu and which of the 5 games is recommended xD

The emu I use is T-98 Next. Start with Lotus Land Story (Th04), though it'd be laughably easy for somebody that 1cc'd SA and UFO. Then go with Story of Eastern Wonderland (Th02), then Mystic Square (Th05).

Phantasmagoria of Dim Dream (Th03) is a Phantasmagoria, like PoFV, and I'm not sure of your opinion on PoFV. As for Highly Responsive to Players (Th01), it's very different from the rest of the Touhou games, and I'm not sure how well you'll handle it.

Ah I beat her in stage 5 but got wrecked by Marisa earlier so I had to continue. Oh and bombs are the x button. I was doin so well until Marisa. And then on Yuuka I got wrecked by master spark twice. Both times I went to the center and was like "I wonder which attack is ne.. AHHHHH"

Marisa is quite tough, but she's easier than Reimu at least. And yeah, the Master Spark is really dangerous. You can see it coming though, because Yuuka moves to the center and you see some blue sparks before the actual laser. Also, there are only two iterations of Master Spark in Stage 5. Edited by Railgun