• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Thanks for the insightful posts guys.

Too bad it's me or everyone would be flooding here because of a reply.

Where should I trance in TD.

I could probably beat it now but I just need more resources.

maybe we should have a separate touhou thread to goof off in...oh wait....

Anyways I might post a vid of one of my runs of LLC soon, or just get one of the other games im not sure.

Too bad it's me or everyone would be flooding here because of a reply.

wat

Depends on what you're going for.

- In your case, for survival / more resources, try to memorize when a lot of fairies that drop green/purple spirits appear, and use trance to defeat them quickly and collect their spirits for double the worth. Using trance instead of a bomb during a boss battle is also a decent use.

- Otherwise, for score, ignore the green/purple spirit fairies. Instead, you'll want to use trance when you know there's a part of the stage coming up where a lot of enemies will appear in a short time, allowing you to collect as many spirits as possible for 10x their usual value. Also, using trance on bosses and then sitting right on top of their face produces an ungodly ridiculous amount of point spirits (with the exception of Yoshika's two spirit eater spellcards and the final phase of Miko's final spellcard).

best video

Infinite World was one of my favorite Touhou videos when I first saw it. It's one of the reasons why I specifically try to collect all the videos from the PVD series.

but imo my favorite Sanae video is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsJKmfcis6o

I looked through my collection and sadly, there aren't a lot of videos focused on Sanae. I think I already showed you Touhou Daydream and Romantic Sanae Love, and you probably wouldn't approve of how she is represented in Touhou School.

all gone to waste since the game just has to default to quit and return to main screen after a game over >_>

raeg

Try again!

You should seriously try EASY MODO before going for Normal, imo.

lol what the hell? why are marisa, reimu and sanae trying to kill Aya?

It's a video on Double Spoiler, in case you didn't know, where you play as Aya (Hatate unlockable) and try to take pictures of characters while they're unleashing their beautiful spell card attacks. So Aya wants them to unleash their cool spell cards on her, and they allow Aya to take their pictures if she can actually survive through it while she's taking pictures.

Focus on purple spirits. Usually, the three best parts with purple spirits are a) After beating a midboss, b) Enemies right before the boss, and c) Enemies right before the midboss

My advice would be to try to do a run where you simply Trance whenever you see two or more purple spirits on the screen. Then watch your replay. If you find that you could've actually abused it better (e.g. it would've been better if you waited for a later opportunity, or you could've afforded to Trance on a single purple spirit without reducing future gains, etc), then adjust your Trance timings accordingly in your next run.

maybe we should have a separate touhou thread to goof off in...oh wait....

Anyways I might post a vid of one of my runs of LLC soon, or just get one of the other games im not sure.

If you can't clear LLS Easy, I'm not sure you can handle the other games lol. But then again, your playstyle might be more comfortable with other games, so it might not be a bad idea.

I personally want to see you try LLS again. You did really good in the first video, and if you just knew how to bomb, you could've made it much further. 1ccing seems very feasible imo.

Also, using trance on bosses and then sitting right on top of their face produces an ungodly ridiculous amount of point spirits (with the exception of Yoshika's two spirit eater spellcards and the final phase of Miko's final spellcard).

Enough for me to get nearly double your highest score without even abusing it to its full potential against later bosses.

Miko's final phase has Trance Armor, I think. I do still get spirits on Trance, but at an incredibly slow rate, even at shotgun range.

I posted a replay here no one bothered to acknowledge. :P

I got to stage 5 of UFO! Heck, I had SEVEN lives at a time. I figured people would be proud.

I wanted to watch it when I had the time... Edited by Railgun

I...I dunno if I should watch that, Proto. Unless Sanae's awesome and beautiful in it.

Watch which one? The Touhou School portrayal of Sanae is likely due to the Moriya Conspiracy.

I prolly should

I just kinda went "fuck easy mode!" after that EoSD thing >_>

Not being able to access Stage 6 in EoSD Easy Modo, heh. Even though Remirya is among the easiest of Stage 6 bosses.

Not being able to access Stage 6 in EoSD Easy Modo, heh. Even though Remirya is among the easiest of Stage 6 bosses.

to be fair, I can't even play through stage 4 of EoSD without my eyes start hurting, so it doesn't matter much \o/