• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Technically? ~3~

Either you used extra lives at beginning or... EASY MODO???

kyahahahahahaha----

...you can't get to stage 6 on EASY MODO

And yes, it was with extra lives and 80% slowdown

I'm gonna do a legit clear of EoSD and play with Flandre again soon.

Today... is a big day for me...

v8lKzJa.png

I was able to play with my beloved imouto-sama until she was tired of playing. Am I worthy of being her onii-chan now?

Wow, items in this game drop ridiculously fast

This is further compounded by the absence of auto-collection.

Wow, bosses in this game die ridiculously fast

As metalsnowman said, that's just the shot type. Marisa (both types) have ridiculous power, especially MarisaB's lasers. The downside, of course, is the lack of spread and a far tougher Stage 4 boss.

Wow, Reimu's bullets are ridiculously fast for EASY MODO

They sure are. While all of her attacks are easy, the sheer speed at which she unleashes them are what make her the toughest boss in the game imo.

The eyeball enemies in Stage 5 have a striking resemblance to how Satori's third eye is usually portrayed in fanart, just without the cords.

Oh, really? I never noticed. Maybe the artists got their idea from PC-98 enemies?

While what Kalas said is technically the "correct" solution, you're probably better off trying to stay at the bottom and micro-dodge between the bullets instead so that you can continue to hit Flandre and finish off the spell quickly (unless you're playing as ReimuA, because homing bullets).

And yes, it's hard.

Maze of Love should be a planned death. It's that ridiculous.

Today... is a big day for me...

[...]

I was able to play with my beloved imouto-sama until she was tired of playing. Am I worthy of being her onii-chan now?

Well done!

Which one are you gonna go for next?

That's soooooooooo cool~!

Thanks, Kalas-chan~!

Proto y u ignore me :<

Eh, sorry, I'm not sure what was directed at me.

oh shoot i never tried Marisa's B shot, so that's even better? Interesting, though I think my next step is to play a different game. Congratulations on that sick run Railgun (or is it Proto? Senpai? lol)

Nah, imo MarisaA is better. MarisaB's lasers are overpowered, but they turn on and off in a regular pattern. MarisaA gets continuous, reliable, high power. Different game would be a good idea. Since you're already familiar with PC-98, I would suggest SoEW.

And thanks! Railgun or Proto works fine.

Well done!

Which one are you gonna go for next?

I'm gonna be completely honest here. After finally having satisfied my beloved imouto, I no longer have any motivation to try anything in Touhou anymore. Flandre Scarlet has always been my favorite character ever since I found out about her years ago, and being able to clear EoSD Extra has been a big dream ever since. Now that I finally fulfilled that, yeah, I really don't feel like trying anything else now.

Still, though, I expect that once I get back into the mood of playing Touhou, I would likely try going for PCB Extra, or 1LC attempts on EoSD/MoF/TD

Thanks, Kalas-chan~!

I'm gonna be completely honest here. After finally having satisfied my beloved imouto, I no longer have any motivation to try anything in Touhou anymore. Flandre Scarlet has always been my favorite character ever since I found out about her years ago, and being able to clear EoSD Extra has been a big dream ever since. Now that I finally fulfilled that, yeah, I really don't feel like trying anything else now.

Still, though, I expect that once I get back into the mood of playing Touhou, I would likely try going for PCB Extra, or 1LC attempts on EoSD/MoF/TD

Sure thing!

No don't. :(

The one about not playing Touhou anymore. :(

I didn't say I'll quit forever. I'll just take a break from playing Touhou for an indefinite period. I'll still be here to discuss Touhou and stuff. I'll probably even be willing to run through Practice Mode/Spell Practice upon request. But from my end, I'll take a break. Being able to play with Flan-chan all the way through till the end is a very significant accomplishment for me.

uguuuuuu proto :<

how do i subterranean animism

i am literally complete ass at it

Graze.

Don't go too fast.

Yuugi might/will kill you

Parsee is mean.

RIN IS MEAN

Satori might or might not be mean

Utsuho~

I didn't say I'll quit forever. I'll just take a break from playing Touhou for an indefinite period. I'll still be here to discuss Touhou and stuff. I'll probably even be willing to run through Practice Mode/Spell Practice upon request. But from my end, I'll take a break. Being able to play with Flan-chan all the way through till the end is a very significant accomplishment for me.

Oh right...

@Ninjprebs: SA is the toughest normal Touhou game (normal = all integers except HRtP, PoDD, and PoFV). 1ccing SA was one of the toughest challenges for me (even tougher than Flandre). I would highly recommend going for all other games before SA.

I could, however, tell you how I cleared SA. I used Patchy, because she's my favorite, though the general consensus is that Yukari is the best in SA. For me, I just bombed with the Wood Sign shotgun on troublesome spells, and frequently skipped entire spells with 2-3 bombs. Most of these were planned. For the non-bomb-skipped parts, well, if you're having trouble with anything, I can probably explain how I did it.

Huh. I see. That's a shame (you've honestly been getting really damn good lately), but your choice.

how do i subterranean animism

i am literally complete ass at it

Grazing a lot in a short time frame triggers auto-collection without going above the PoC. Since in SA, attempting to go above the PoC is suicidal for the most part, this is your main means of getting all those [P]ower items.

Speaking of [P]ower items: if you've played MoF, bombing everything ever still kinda works during the stages themselves (although [P]ower items are much less abundant, so you'll run out if you overdo it), but you'll want to avoid bomb spam during the boss battles, as bosses in SA have a shitload of HP and bombs do crap for damage for the most part.

Speaking of bosses, SA's bosses are probably the toughest in the series. 1cc'ing SA is kinda tough even on Normal, so unless you've already 1cc'd everything else on Normal, don't feel too bad if you're having trouble with it.

So I got to Sukuna and... I died to her third spell, and my score was lower than my previous attempt.

;/

Hmm well I think I'm goin to go for one of the more modern games to see what they are like. Also, did someone say there is auto pick up items? cause that would definitely be nice.

Yup, in every game from EoSD onwards, you can auto-collect all items currently on-screen by going into the upmost fifth of the screen. EoSD, PCB and IN require you to have MAX Power to use it, though.

There's auto pickup, yes.

In EoSD and PCB, you have to be at full power to auto collect, in most of the other modern games you can just pass the Point of collection (PoC) to auto collect.

And IN you have to be at full power

I got to stage 4 in SA

Most of my problems are Parsee and Yuugi, Yukari!Satori doesn't seem too terribly bad