• The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

And IN you have to be at full power

I got to stage 4 in SA

Most of my problems are Parsee and Yuugi, Yukari!Satori doesn't seem too terribly bad

you can focus (shift to Youkai) to auto collect before then though

parsee isn't too bad when you get used to her. Yuugi is... eh when you get used to her.

I CAN'T CAPTURE ANY OF YUKARI!SATORI'S SPELLS EXCEPT MAYBE THE FIRST OR SECOND. IT'S THAT BAD.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

RAYKITTY~, I'm not gonna quit Touhou forever or anything. I'll just take a break.

As for Parsee... lessee...

Parsee's non-spells should be easy to deal with. Her midboss non-spell often appears like it will wall you, but unless you see the arrowheads overlapping with each other, it's generally safe to sit between them.

Green-Eyed Monster (midboss spell) should be easy to figure out once you get past the overwhelming first encounter. Shoot Parsee until the monster reaches you, and then slowly run away from the monster. Try to avoid getting yourself trapped, obviously. Don't run away from the monster too fast, since each session is defined by time, not distance.

Hanasaka (first boss spell) is what I'd easily consider to be not only Parsee's toughest spell, but the toughest spell from any Touhou Stage 2. Kalas-chan found a nice way to clear it using Yukari though. Rather than slip between the flowers, you can just warp to the other side of the screen, and keep yourself moving in one direction throughout the entire spell. You'd have to control your pacing so that the flowers disappear by the time you reach them though.

For Parsee's clone, this can be a nightmare if you don't know how it works, and super easy once you do. Basically, the real Parsee is the one shooting small bullets, not large bubbles. Never shoot the "Parsee" that fires large bubbles, since she'll react violently with more bubbles. Just shoot the one firing small bullets. She'll eventually disappear for a while, which is when you should move to the other side, since Parsee will switch places with her clone. Repeat until the spell is cleared.

Finally, there's Anathema. Parsee fires the bullets continuously, and changes her aim at fixed intervals of time. Water comes out from the point where the bullets hit the screen edge. One approach to this spell is to basically circle around Parsee very slowly, but this is not recommended unless you're using Patchy or Aya. A better approach would be to stay under Parsee and shoot her, but quickly moving to a side when it's time for her to redirect her bullets, before you return back under her. You still have to deal with plenty of water though.

lol, I find Ran's first spell to be among the easiest Extra spells ever. In fact, I would probably consider it to be the second easiest Extra boss spell after Laevateinn.

All you have to do is look at the front arrowhead. If it looks like it'll hit you, then move as little as you possibly need to in order to dodge the arrowhead. If it doesn't look like it'll hit you, don't move. Repeat this for every wave and don't be concerned about any of the other millions of arrowheads. Unless you move too far, nothing else will ever hit you.

Today... is a big day for me...

[...]

I was able to play with my beloved imouto-sama until she was tired of playing. Am I worthy of being her onii-chan now?

flandrekt

I already said it to you but I wanted to post it anyway, 2 pages late

do I haaaaave to clear DDC, tsukumos and shinmyoumaru are being dum :<

I didn't mean it that way. I was pointing out that it's incredibly easy once you know how to do it.

FYI RAYKITTY~ himself had so much trouble with that spell that he had to delay his PCB Extra clearing until well after he finished all the other Extra stages except UFO. So I can understand how evil the spell would look for somebody who doesn't know how to deal with it.

So uh, try dealing with that spell the way I explained you. If you're still having trouble, I think you should give up on PCB Extra for now and try something else.

Edited by Railgun

Well then speak like it will ya >:c

What should I do then.

Sit in the bottom, preferably in the center, when the spell starts. When she generates a cluster of bullets, check if the front arrowhead can hit you. If yes, then move slightly to the left or right (whichever one requires less movement) to avoid it. Do not move any more than necessary. Do this for all clusters.

Yes, this approach will cause your surroundings to be filled with bullets. But as long as you can keep your eyes focused on the newly generated arrowheads, and move as little as possible, you should be able to capture it easily. Don't worry about the rest of the arrowheads, they won't hit you as long as you minimize your movements.

Edited by Railgun

In addition to what Proto said, because this needs emphasis: sit as far at the bottom of the screen as possible during Ran's first spellcard. If you're even just a bit above it (as is usually a good idea so you have more options to dodge incoming bullets), you will get your face torn off. Violently.

do I haaaaave to clear DDC, tsukumos and shinmyoumaru are being dum :<

I'll be disappointed if you don't. :<

Edited by Scarlet

Koakuma too moe

I was talking how her bullet patterns suck but

Alright, lessee if I can help with that

First non-spell: Random bullet hell micrododge. The bullets are really slow though, so it should be easy to just slip through all the gaps.

Inchling's Path: This is just slipping between the gap and not colliding into the green bullets along the way. It's easy at first, but the green bullets can get really annoying later and will require very high precision. While it's actually possible to slip through the wall itself (instead of the hole in the wall), it is definitely not necessary and is not recommended.

Second non-spell: The first part of it is extremely low-density bullet hell. Dodging should not require effort. After that comes a single wave of blue bullets which can easily be dodged by moving horizontally in the bottom of the screen. Then comes some more random bullet hell micrododge, similar to the first non-spell.

Mallet Grow Bigger: The purple glow of the circular bullets are safe areas. Slip between circular bullets through their gaps. Wait for the hearts to pass first though, to ensure that they don't get in your way while you slip between circular bullets.

Third non-spell: Simply dodge horizontally for the knives. If you have a homing shot type, it should be easy, since you can move away from Shinmyoumaru and dodge through wide gaps (the knives would be at an angle though, careful). If you go near Shinmyoumaru, the knives will be of high density and is very difficult to dodge. Don't be afraid to bomb if Shinmyoumaru gets too close.

Shining Needle Sword: It's just streaming, but you have to be very careful of the normal knives as well. You have to quickly make a judgment on whether to stream left or right. Do not ever miss an opportunity to stream or you will die. Quite a difficult spell, bombing recommended.

Fourth non-spell: LAZERZ! This is all reactive dodging. However, do keep in mind that the lasers in your area will restrict the region in which you'll want to be in. At any given time, you'll want to lock yourself into the region that is enclosed by laser paths. But since the dodging is reactive, you might reflexively try to leave this region and get hit by a laser. Be careful!

You Grow Bigger: Stream the white knives. Don't ever try to slip between the blue kunai. Only Reimu can do this and she has an incredibly difficult time. Rather, once the kunai appear, look up and check for the safe area. There is always a safe path. Try to position yourself so that you can take the safe path. Positioning yourself may require unfocusing, and diagonal streaming will also be required. This is the most evil spell in the game, so bombing is absolutely recommended.

Shingeki no Kobito: Awaken a Titan red orb by going near it. It's going to move towards you. Your objective should be to lure it to go completely off the screen. And then you go through the hole in the wall. Repeat for Wall Rose and so on. If you screw up on getting rid of the red orb, well, you'll have to either try luring it out again (you likely won't have enough time for this), or you'll just have to deal with it as you continue the normal procedure (i.e. more dodging).

Hop-o-my-Thumb Seven: I'm not sure how to explain it. Just dodge reactively. Read the bullets that are coming at you and move between the gaps. Note that there's quite a lot of space between the walls, so you can utilize those to dodge. Be careful not to hit the wall though. Finally, you can slip between the kunai that make up the wall but it is absolutely not recommended. This is the final spell, so if you have bombs left, then use them!

Senpai i should fire you for referencing THAT series.

But I'll take your advice later when I play again.

...you realize that ZUN himself was referencing Shingeki no Kyojin when he made that spell, right? I mean, seriously, "Shingeki no Kobito"? Concentric walls with four gates? With annoying red orbs coming out of the wall that won't leave you alone?

You have Spell Practice in DDC, so it shouldn't be too difficult to capture all the spells. Except You Grow Bigger, that spell is evil.

Edited by Railgun