• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

If you've already given up on the draft though, you should try a different game. DDC is hard if you can't auto-collect frequently enough. I would suggest EoSD with increased starting lives.

still waiting for my yuugi help

even though it's mostly the non spells except i find her last spellcard confusing

also her midboss spellcard i believe

Edited by Kyouko

If you've already given up on the draft though, you should try a different game. DDC is hard if you can't auto-collect frequently enough. I would suggest EoSD with increased starting lives.

I can't really get another entrance in so...

Okay.

still waiting for my yuugi help

even though it's mostly the non spells except i find her last spellcard confusing

also her midboss spellcard i believe

First Midboss non-spell: This is the one with the lasers, right? Try to shoot down as many yin-orbs as you can before they release the lasers. Then just dodge them normally.

Second Midboss non-spell: This is a streaming spell. For the yellow bullets that move down, dodge horizontally with little movement. There will be yellow bullets coming from the sides as well, just maneuver your way around them with some vertical+horizontal.

Unnatural Phenomenom: Okay, this one is hard. Bullets come from all directions, and can get pretty dense too. You just have to dodge your way through. You can reduce the number of bullets by moving to the path in which the bullets are generated while they are generated. If you are on that path, those bullets will NOT be generated since you're in the way, so you have less to deal with. I would suggest bombing to this, though, since you should be able to recover your Power before you need it next.

First Boss non-spell: Dodge between the bullets, nothing special here. Could get dense, but it shouldn't be too tough.

Hell's Wheels of Pain: Wait for Yuugi to go up. Then go under her. Whenever Yuugi switches sides, you should switch with her. Do not destroy any of the rings (they turn into annoying bubbles). Should be very easy to capture once you know how it works.

Second Boss non-spell: A lot of lasers. It's hard to read the lasers ahead, so you might as well just dodge reactively. Note that lasers tend to clump together, which often helps in locating a safe area.

Mt Ooe: My advice is to go fully unfocused so that you can move to dodge the bubbles. Vertical movement is preferred, but horizontal movement may be necessary sometimes. You might wanna focus if you don't have a good idea of your hitbox, but dodging will be harder without the speed. May be worth bombing to.

Final non-spell: This is a beefed up version of her second midboss non-spell. You have to dodge it pretty much the same way, but the bullets are so much more dense. Just bomb to it imo.

Knockout in Three Steps: Yuugi generates three layers of bullets. Do NOT start any round on the third (furthest from Yuugi) layer. Move to the second layer. Make sure the second-layer bullets don't generate on your face. Once the bullets move, back out and dodge. Blue ones require you to slip between the bullets. Red ones require you to slip between the clumps. You should never have to dodge any of the bullets in the third layer. But ALWAYS make sure you return to the second layer after dodging.

Edited by Railgun

Alright.

Why even put Hell's Wheels of Pain on there it's literally one of the easiest spellcards I've ever done

Mallet Grow Bigger: The purple glow of the circular bullets are safe areas. Slip between circular bullets through their gaps. Wait for the hearts to pass first though, to ensure that they don't get in your way while you slip between circular bullets.

I'd like to add that the hearts are actually aimed at you, so you can misdirect them where they won't bother you.

You Grow Bigger: Stream the white knives. Don't ever try to slip between the blue kunai. Only Reimu can do this and she has an incredibly difficult time. Rather, once the kunai appear, look up and check for the safe area. There is always a safe path. Try to position yourself so that you can take the safe path. Positioning yourself may require unfocusing, and diagonal streaming will also be required. This is the most evil spell in the game, so bombing is absolutely recommended.

Actually, slipping between the kunai seems to be the only way to beat the Lunatic version; the last 6 seconds aren't possible otherwise. The gaps are actually slightly more lenient than they appear to be and it's perfectly possible to go between them unharmed while streaming, but it's admittedly difficult and you're definitely better off trying to stay on the main path. Just, if you mess up and find yourself walled, you might as well try is what I want to say.

Hop-o-my-Thumb Seven: I'm not sure how to explain it. Just dodge reactively. Read the bullets that are coming at you and move between the gaps. Note that there's quite a lot of space between the walls, so you can utilize those to dodge. Be careful not to hit the wall though. Finally, you can slip between the kunai that make up the wall but it is absolutely not recommended. This is the final spell, so if you have bombs left, then use them!

Actually, I disagree on the kunai here. The gaps are fairly lenient all things considered and the kunai are incredibly slow, so slipping between them is often actually safer than trying to do any fancy dodging maneuvers against inconveniently angled spheres, especially once the card begins to become more dense. Just don't keep sitting there, as the boss will eventually adjust her aim to match.

Draft update incoming, just need to watch one more replay.

sukuna a cute

still dum doe

also adding to this post on certain points because I just woke up from a nap and I play SA religiously anyway so

First Midboss non-spell: This is the one with the lasers, right? Try to shoot down as many yin-orbs as you can before they release the lasers. Then just dodge them normally.

Second Midboss non-spell: This is a streaming spell. For the yellow bullets that move down, dodge horizontally with little movement. There will be yellow bullets coming from the sides as well, just maneuver your way around them with some vertical+horizontal.

Unnatural Phenomenom: Okay, this one is hard. Bullets come from all directions, and can get pretty dense too. You just have to dodge your way through. You can reduce the number of bullets by moving to the path in which the bullets are generated while they are generated. If you are on that path, those bullets will NOT be generated since you're in the way, so you have less to deal with. I would suggest bombing to this, though, since you should be able to recover your Power before you need it next.

First Boss non-spell: Dodge between the bullets, nothing special here. Could get dense, but it shouldn't be too tough.

Hell's Wheels of Pain: Wait for Yuugi to go up. Then go under her. Whenever Yuugi switches sides, you should switch with her. Do not destroy any of the rings (they turn into annoying bubbles). Should be very easy to capture once you know how it works.

Second Boss non-spell: A lot of lasers. It's hard to read the lasers ahead, so you might as well just dodge reactively. Note that lasers tend to clump together, which often helps in locating a safe area.

Mt Ooe: My advice is to go fully unfocused so that you can move to dodge the bubbles. Vertical movement is preferred, but horizontal movement may be necessary sometimes. You might wanna focus if you don't have a good idea of your hitbox, but dodging will be harder without the speed. May be worth bombing to.

Final non-spell: This is a beefed up version of her second midboss non-spell. You have to dodge it pretty much the same way, but the bullets are so much more dense. Just bomb to it imo.

Knockout in Three Steps: Yuugi generates three layers of bullets. Do NOT start any round on the third (furthest from Yuugi) layer. Move to the second layer. Make sure the second-layer bullets don't generate on your face. Once the bullets move, back out and dodge. Blue ones require you to slip between the bullets. Red ones require you to slip between the clumps. You should never have to dodge any of the bullets in the third layer. But ALWAYS make sure you return to the second layer after dodging.

Midboss fight: Try to move left and right as little as you can, since ideally you want to murder her before you have to dodge very many lasers. Second midboss nonspell, don't be afraid to dodge to the side, just don't move around too much and slowly make your way back to the middle. Unnatural Phenomenon has a fixed-ish path through it if you can figure it out, though I would also recommend bombing to it if you can't manage it.

Remember to try staying slightly off-center to the left or the right after Yuugi's midboss fight during the stage to avoid the lasers, depending on which direction you're more comfortable with.

Second nonspell: Dodge red lasers as you would any stationary thing, and prepare to dodge slightly sideways for the blue lasers. There's no real way to deathbomb to the blues so if you want to bombskip it do it fast.

Mt. Ooe: This spellcard sucks without seeing your hitbox, imo, because bubbles are meant to be dodged while seeing it. It might not work for you, but try focusing whenever you can, and let go of the shift key when you need to go fast to dodge something.

Third nonspell: Should you be crazy enough to try to attempt this, immediately after Ooe ends, resist the urge to autocollect and go towards the bottom-right. She'll fire her stuff, and then you can move to the center. Then, go back to the bottom-right. This spell is really hard when you sit in the middle, but somewhat mitigated when you sit in a corner. Still would recommend bombing every time, it's not difficult to recover Power from early Stage 4 and Knockout apparently goes down the same whether you're 0 Power or full power anyway.

Okay so I want to be cool at Touhou so I'm going to do better.

Also, when did the boss sprites become detailed enough to look like the official art, and actually, like, show their faces and eyes? I think it was in the second Windows gen, but I'm.not sure when...

Edited by Setsuna Sakurazaki

NNNNOOOOOO ZMMMMMM!

Should I get UFO for my next game? I was thinking about just getting EoSD since that is the first modern one.

whaaaaaaaaat i'm not interesting nor popular so i'm just keeping to myself now

EDIT: also i'm really bad at talking to people and fitting in so i tend to get ignored

NO, don't get UFO yet. EoSD is a maybe, but it's pretty tough. I'd say MoF, TD, or DDC.

Edited by ZeeEmm

Then who is going to talk about the fighting games with me!? Also I need to play those I don't think I have for like a week or so.

Hmm...what to talk about then?

download them now

I have SWR and its sequel, its definitely a big part of why I even got into touhou since its so silly and fun. It's definitely different since it seems the emphasis is on range attacks. Also Suika is adorable in those games, though I never did get the first fighting game with her as the main enemy I think.

Do you just play as Sanae ZM?