• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

well on my 2nd try I was just testing MarisaA but I was doin pretty good so I kept going, made it all the way to Patchy. On the results section, what is the slowdown rate mean? is that just how much you use the focus? I haven't tried either Reimu shots yet. Oh and I figured out that spell card steal thing, pretty neat and gives extra incentive to not bomb i see.

Edited by metalsnowman3

well on my 2nd try I was just testing MarisaA but I was doin pretty good so I kept going, made it all the way to Patchy. On the results section, what is the slowdown rate mean? is that just how much you use the focus? I haven't tried either Reimu shots yet. Oh and I figured out that spell card steal thing, pretty neat and gives extra incentive to not bomb i see.

MarisaA is my favorite shot type fyi. She's so powerful that spells end really quickly. I was able to Capture Royal Flare with MarisaA multiple times.

Slowdown is about the overall slow rate of your run. The normal rate is 60 fps, and slowdown shows how much slower your run was, overall. This is important because a low frame rate will make the game significantly easier, so the Slowdown rate proves that your achievement was at acceptable frame rates. It's not related to focusing/unfocusing at all.

Spell capturing provides incentive not to bomb, but bombing >>>>>>>> dying. You'd fail to capture either way.

Speaking of which, another new feature in Windows Touhou games is deathbombing. If you get hit, you are given a very tiny period of time to bomb and save yourself. You'll hear the sound of dying, but you won't lose any lives and will bomb instead. This is extremely useful if you can pull it off, but you need to react incredibly fast for it (unless you're fully mentally prepared for the possibility of getting hit).

Icicle fall: the strongest spell even in easy modo -w-

I cant survive royal flare more than 7 secs ~.~

Deathbombing is life saver for border team in IN, I realized in my first mokou win, I missed like 10 deaths while only lost 6 lives in actuality (especially in her last spell, o screwed a lot :p)

Well shit.

Nobody told me Byakuren had a badass fighting style.

byakuren literally has to throw out her scroll every time she wants to do something different which is really annoying

but besides that yes, those buddhists man

legitimate asskicking

Byakuren has the best troll spellcard ever: Star storm

Dat curving lasers

Dat annoying 4 bullets

Dat whirling beams

Dat unpredictable ray of lights

Did I mention lasers?

Somehow it's hard to pass murasa without consisten5 fails from her nonspells and ghost sinker uWu

Icicle fall: the strongest spell even in easy modo -w-

I don't think I ever tried EASY MODO, but I heard Icicle Fall has some glaringly obvious safespots. Like, shotgunning Cirno's face or something.

I cant survive royal flare more than 7 secs ~.~

With MarisaA, you won't have to ;)

Deathbombing is life saver for border team in IN, I realized in my first mokou win, I missed like 10 deaths while only lost 6 lives in actuality (especially in her last spell, o screwed a lot :p)

Does Border Team get like, a reduced penalty for Last Spells?

Cirno ruined EoSD for me. :V

Dunno why I can't get past her but can easily manage to get to Stage 5 in UFO and MoF with ease.

You sure it isn't because, well, difference in difficulty modes + starting life count?

byakuren literally has to throw out her scroll every time she wants to do something different which is really annoying

but besides that yes, those buddhists man

legitimate asskicking

Special attacks aside, I find Byakuren to be the best in physical combat.

Star Maelstrom is undoubtedly the worst thing UFO throws at you if you're not used to curved lasers, barring Most Valuable Vajra, which is like the domain of heaven or something. It's really just horizontal dodging, though it really taxes you because sometimes those lasers can curve from friggin off-screen.

Also post in the new draft thread Puku pls

Edited by Fera

Most valuable vajra is undoubtedly easy once you figured out that the laser cant reach you as long as you keep moving, just move clock wise without worrying the lasers. It's just DONT STOP MOVING -.-

Thats how I captured vajra most of the time :p