It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

*scratches back of head*

So, after saying I wanted an Ike figure, I figured that in the event that he isn't restocked, I should buy him before his prices rise.

So, I was in this bidding war with a guy. I had the lead for a good while, before it got up to $31.

I mean, I'm not THAT big a fan of Ike. I'm like, sitting here, thinking, "The hell am I doing?"

Fortunatly, there's this guy in Germany that has sold, like, 100 of them, and has, "More than 10," left. Lots of auctions for Ike are ending tomorrow, so I can wait to see if any end cheaper than they are from this Germany guy. ($33, by the way)

And then, as of now, there's a Lucario and Pit being sold, bid ending on Saturday, and so far it's at $25.

...Am I messed up for doing all of this?

As long as you see value in these figures, there's no problem. It's like the gold rush, dig? pun pun pun

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shortages and ridiculous prices can make people do the most extremest things to the point where it becomes a really big thing.

Here in Canada, the prices for amiibos especially the rare ones are all going for ridiculous prices online and you would be lucky enough to find the one you want at retail.

Hb75R6m.png

Youch! ...$100 for an amiibo? Huh, $37.68 isn't looking so bad now, is it?

Ha! Well, it still does... $37 is a bit much for an amiibo, but when we're talking Rosalina here, that's a different story. Though honestly, I don't think she's worth $20 alone (I don't think any of them are worth $20), but since port strikes and all that jazz... and when you can compare it to $100, I feel a bit better about paying $37 for Rosalina.

I was a bit reluctant at first, but that was the lowest. And as impatient and greedy as I am, I just had to get it. Besides, New Jersey (or at least my area) has some pretty bad stocking around here.

I haven't seen a SINGLE Wave 3 amiibo EXCEPT Bowser + Toon Link; the two most common of wave 3.

*scratches back of head*

So, after saying I wanted an Ike figure, I figured that in the event that he isn't restocked, I should buy him before his prices rise.

So, I was in this bidding war with a guy. I had the lead for a good while, before it got up to $31.

I mean, I'm not THAT big a fan of Ike. I'm like, sitting here, thinking, "The hell am I doing?"

Fortunatly, there's this guy in Germany that has sold, like, 100 of them, and has, "More than 10," left. Lots of auctions for Ike are ending tomorrow, so I can wait to see if any end cheaper than they are from this Germany guy. ($33, by the way)

And then, as of now, there's a Lucario and Pit being sold, bid ending on Saturday, and so far it's at $25.

...Am I messed up for doing all of this?

Nah, of course not! You have your eyes on what you like, go get it if you so desire.

Edited by Carter

If you really want the merch of the character, go for it. But you may want to check the market for higher quality figures past certian price points, for example, you can get a pretty nice Samus figure that is poseable and around twice the size of an amiibo for $40/50. Lucina will also be getting an articulated figure for $50ish in April.

EDIT: Fixed an incorrect link lol

Edited by L95

There's an auction for two characters, that alone sell for like, $60, but right now the bidding is at $25.

Forget Ike. (For now)

YOU TWO ARE MINE.

...though it ends Saturday, I have a bad feeling the price will escalate real quick..

Gold Mario Amiibo announced to be released with the following details:

• On March 20th
  • In-store sales only (no Online)
  • No Pre-orders
  • In 3000 Wal-Marts across the US

Ooh, I gotta write that down! There's a Walmart within walking distance of my house too! Just gotta hope I don't work that day... If I'm scheduled to, I'll call off. I want that gold Mario!

I need to headswap my figmas more.

I have bikini Super Sonico figma ready to be exploited.

If amiibos were headswappable I'd already have driven my brother crazy XD

Gold Mario Amiibo announced to be released with the following details:

• On March 20th
  • In-store sales only (no Online)
  • No Pre-orders
  • In 3000 Wal-Marts across the US

This makes me very glad my brother isn't the one stalking this topic.

That is going to be a glorious bloodbath.

Yep.

Hopefully it's released there. Nothing's out yet about Quantity or which Wal-Mart's GoldMario is hitting up

They're obviously going to all the middle-of-nowhere WalMarts. =P

I expect none to be in my region, though they might give like two to Boise.

...I'm shattered, right now.

The price of the two figures just went to $70.

$70 for two items that should be $26.

I badly want these amiibos to be restocked, but I... I don't know if I can take this chance. What if they aren't?

I'm literally down in the dumps right now.

CN6E60B.png

i lol'd

What is it with amiibos that is so graphic? Geez Nintendo, we're talking little kids here!

...I'm shattered, right now.

The price of the two figures just went to $70.

$70 for two items that should be $26.

I badly want these amiibos to be restocked, but I... I don't know if I can take this chance. What if they aren't?

I'm literally down in the dumps right now.

Do you have a budget for amiibos?

You could just get one of the millions of Mario amoobos and paint it gold and then get one of the millions of Peach amoobos and paint it pink gold for a pair.

Doing this.

^It's Amiibo, not "Amoobo."

And god damn it. >_> I've been at work, how the hell was I supposed to order this in time? This is really bullshit for hardworking people like me.

Sh, Amoobo sounds so much better.

Majjix

^It's Amiibo, not "Amoobo."

And god damn it. >_> I've been at work, how the hell was I supposed to order this in time? This is really bullshit for hardworking people like me.

What is it with amiibos that is so graphic? Geez Nintendo, we're talking little kids here!

Do you have a budget for amiibos?

Doing this.

Sh, Amoobo sounds so much better.

Majjix

My daughter calls them "Pokémon"...I finally got her to figure out what they are (since the only ones she'd seen at first were Pikachu, and a picture of Lucario). Now she's seen the rest, loves Rosalina & Luma (Rosalina & Luna lol) and King Dedede and Kirby.

She calls them "Meeboos", and loves my collection, so I keep accidentaly calling them Meeboos when i call stores up looking for stock