A question about forging brave weapons

Before I ask the question I have a little story.

Lately I've been making streetpass teams for a friend who are OP compared to him, to try to train him essentially, and he always manages to win. I managed to get him from someone who failed on normal/casual when he started, to easily curbstomping hard/classic (Keep in mind he's only played fire emblem in general for 2-3 weeks) So now I want to really try to test him, he always priorotizes enemies with brave weapons, even when their harmless, so I wanna see if he can take on a team with mostly brave weapons. Anyways back to the question, Is there an 'Optimal' way to forge brave weapons? or does it not matter that much?

might +5 and hit +3 or

might +3 and hit +5

15 isn't that much and 7 crit is less

so it depends on whether or not the weapon (waste) has less hit than might or the unit has less hit rate

if he/she has good enough hitrate, prioritize in might

Right, so Might for the most part since nearly everyone on the team has a guaranteed hit on his units for now, since he doesn't grind they should be able to hit him then. Wonder how he'll react? Anyways thank you for the answer Dan, your help is much apricieated.

There's always the option of Lethality-bombing him. Make a high-skill team, pair Chrom with Avatar/Olivia for maximum RK distribution and Lucina getting Assassin, and get everyone maxed out, with +5HIT forged braves and Lethality. Hitting a 50 SKL (or I think 10 SKL for RK Lucina/Morgan/Inigo, if my calculations are correct. That seems too low, though...) threshold would net you an average of 1 Lethality proc for every time one of your units attacks, provided he/she can double. It's gimmicky, sure, but also deadly if your opponent isn't prepared. Miracle + Counter is also pretty trolltacular Throw on Vengeance and Wrath for added fun.

Exactly how much time are you willing to dedicate to building these teams?

I'd advise making a team filled with 1-range weapons on Counter users. Very difficult to handle if one doesn't know what to do.

I'd say about 8-10 hours, that's usually all I need to level a team up to a good level.

I made that team in the past, but some of them also had 1 - 2 weapons so he couldn't just avoid all combat.

There's always the option of Lethality-bombing him. Make a high-skill team, pair Chrom with Avatar/Olivia for maximum RK distribution and Lucina getting Assassin, and get everyone maxed out, with +5HIT forged braves and Lethality. Hitting a 50 SKL (or I think 10 SKL for RK Lucina/Morgan/Inigo, if my calculations are correct. That seems too low, though...) threshold would net you an average of 1 Lethality proc for every time one of your units attacks, provided he/she can double. It's gimmicky, sure, but also deadly if your opponent isn't prepared. Miracle + Counter is also pretty trolltacular Throw on Vengeance and Wrath for added fun.

I've done this in the past, around the time he said that he feared Lethality, I ended up with a character proc Lethality 3 times, the first two were dodged, the last one took out Chrom.

Miracle and Counter sounds quite fun, Vengeance and Wrath are two skills I use quite often so I will toss them on, added fun indeed.

I made that team in the past, but some of them also had 1 - 2 weapons so he couldn't just avoid all combat.

It doesn't work like that. If you give someone a 1-2 range weapon, they'll always attack at 2 range unless the foe has a Bow. It's how the AI works. You want it so that if he ever leaves anyone in range of one of your units on EP, he eats a Counter.

It doesn't work like that. If you give someone a 1-2 range weapon, they'll always attack at 2 range unless the foe has a Bow. It's how the AI works. You want it so that if he ever leaves anyone in range of one of your units on EP, he eats a Counter.

I forgot about the AI being like that, should change that around then, thanks for reminding me about that,

For better effects, give them Agg, Braves and a ton of damage boosting procs, so any damage taken from Counter comes on top of a heap done normally.

The Streetpass team I'm currently using (borrowed from AC) is +Str/-Def Avatar-M(boots)@Warrior/General/Hero/Wyvern (LB/Agg/Ignis/Luna/Counter) x10. It's about as effective as a Streetpass team can be.