Best Way to Get Outfits/Hats

Randoman

As of now, I've almost completed everything in SSB4 3DS required for 100% completion (well, except for things like 5,000/1,000,000 vs. matches and such, which I don't really consider to be part of it) and I've done it all without using Gold Hammers (and I plan to keep it that way). The only challenge I have left is getting all custom moves (which I did and even got the notification for), hats, and outfits.

So, do you guys have any ideas regarding what's the best way to go about gathering outfits and hats? Between Classic Mode, Smash Run, and Trophy Rush, I'm thinking Classic Mode is the way to go (though I do slip up on the roulette and miss the red wrench every now and then). Also, using Miis in those three modes don't increase your chances of getting hats/outfits, right? I mean, it works when using a specific character to get their custom specials (eg: use Mario to be more likely to get Mario's custom specials), but I haven't noticed a similar effect with Miis.

When the item you want shows on the top of the roulette,hit home while holding A,and then go back into the software.It's easier to get what you want because it works 95% of the time.

Edited by Shinehollow

A friend of mine told me that he got Mii stuff by using Miis in Smash Run. It seems that you're most likely to get a custom related to the character you're using when you pick up custom parts in Smash Run. And so far, I've seen it to be true. When I use Ike, I get mostly Ike custom moves, when I use Luigi, I get Luigi moves, and so on. So it only makes sense that using a Mii would most likely warrant hats and outfits.

Getting the outfits is pretty easy when compared to getting custom moves or headgear since there are fewer than 20 outfits to collect in the game, and at least one can be obtained via Challenges.

I got all 376 custom special moves -- indeed, the best method for them is to play as a character whom you're trying to get custom moves for -- playing as that character, especially in Classic mode, will give you a higher chance of getting custom moves for that character. (For Intensity, I went with 3.0-5.0; you can always go higher, if you want to.) A few custom moves can be obtained via Challenges.

Headgear is a completely different matter -- I got 43 different ones out of 55 different hats that can be obtained from the game. While playing as a Mii does increase your chances of scoring hats as rewards, expect LOTS of duplicates. And some hats, like Regal Crown, Lion Hat, Princess Crown and Prince Crown, can be obtained by completing Challenges.

Thanks for all the advice guys.
Ana's friend was right about using Miis increasing the chance of getting outfits and hats (I just had bad luck getting outfits and hats in Trophy Rush using Miis). It turns out I actually had all outfits, and all I just needed was hats. Anyways, using Miis in 9.0 Classic has gotten me at least 10 hats already, though sadly they were all repeats. Well, at least I know I'm on the right track regarding getting all the Mii hats.

When the item you want shows on the top of the roulette,hit home while holding A,and then go back into the software.It's easier to get what you want because it works 95% of the time.

I've read about that trick, but I don't want to use it since I've also read about it causing freezing and other problems to the 3DS/2DS for some people. I'd rather not risk my 2DS like that just to be able to unlock game content quicker.