How many hours have you spent in this game?

That really doesn't explain it Sera

My theory is that since the amount of possibilities and pairings you can try in this game is pretty big, the replay value in turn will grow much bigger. At least that's my theory, I could be wrong. Everybody has their reasons. I myself have spent about 500 hours playing it according to my 3DS log.

Edited by Rxmonste

How on earth are people putting in that many hours?

100% completion takes an extremely long time due to gathering father-child supports and grinding to max Renown. And then there are multiple regular playthroughs (this game is great with those), and a good deal of postgame grinding, and the 3ds Playlog keeps track of resets for things like Lunatic+ as well. And I know I've used Awakening as a music player for about a week shortly after I got it (road trip and all). The cutscenes add a ton of time as well if you watch them, they're quite long.

All these times are mostly legit, though, since the Playlog stops counting when the 3ds is closed or software is suspended. No "left the game on overnight dozens of times so the AI could duke it out" like Smash 64 or Age of Empires or anything (though the latter is still very entertaining).

100% completion takes an extremely long time due to gathering father-child supports and grinding to max Renown.

Yup, emphasis on that part. I'm 500 hours in and I'm not even halfway done with the 99,999 renown business. Currently sitting on 33,590. If there's an easy method to farm renown points, I would love to know about it.

Edited by Rxmonste

I can do it in about six hours by recruiting Wolt over and over again (done it twice, had nothing better to do in the meantime than time myself and try to go faster). That's a perfect time, though, and involves extremely fast GG clears- unless your menu management is really good (like what Gwimpage was doing to Radiant Dawn at AGDQ yesterday- major props to him btw) as well it'll take more like 8-10 hours.

However, a more efficient way to do things if you're going for 100% in general is to get it from battling Spotpass teams while grinding supports at the same time. I think you can get around 65,000 from the first gen A supports alone (Airship did the math once, too lazy to do it again).

100% completion takes an extremely long time due to gathering father-child supports and grinding to max Renown. And then there are multiple regular playthroughs (this game is great with those), and a good deal of postgame grinding, and the 3ds Playlog keeps track of resets for things like Lunatic+ as well. And I know I've used Awakening as a music player for about a week shortly after I got it (road trip and all). The cutscenes add a ton of time as well if you watch them, they're quite long.

All these times are mostly legit, though, since the Playlog stops counting when the 3ds is closed or software is suspended. No "left the game on overnight dozens of times so the AI could duke it out" like Smash 64 or Age of Empires or anything (though the latter is still very entertaining).

Hmm I have all the kids already, and just changed them into their new classes so I will be working on getting them married off now. I looked at my 2ds game time thing, and it says I have put 50+ hours into it so I can see that once all the kids are married it could easily take me into the 100 hour range. I am also working on a male avatar file so will that also count towards my game time for the 2ds thing?

Any time you have the game running counts, provided you're not in sleep mode and don't have the software suspended. I don't know how sleep works with the 2ds though since it can't close.

This includes resets, multiple files and menu stuff when not in a file.

Any time you have the game running counts, provided you're not in sleep mode and don't have the software suspended. I don't know how sleep works with the 2ds though since it can't close.

This includes resets, multiple files and menu stuff when not in a file.

There is a slide option to put it in sleep mode...never used it mind you