Alice

Junkhead

Do you love American McGee's Alice series? I think it's way too gorgeous. Love the style and everything. And if you played the second game (the one I'm currently digging), I feel the combat is fantastic. I wish I had an even better PC to go full graphics capacity ('dat PhySX).

EDIT: Don't you just loooove Cheshire? ;u;

Edited by Juliet

I tried the first one, but it's too outdated for me to be able to enjoy today. However, I quite liked Madness Returns. I was hoping there would be a third game, but it seems there will only be animated shorts.

And yes, the aesthetics are great.

I tried the first one, but it's too outdated for me to be able to enjoy today. However, I quite liked Madness Returns. I was hoping there would be a third game, but it seems there will only be animated shorts.

And yes, the aesthetics are great.

I felt that way towards the first game as well. But...I also kind of felt a bit of pleasant nostalgia, reminding me of games back in the day. At first, it felt like a chore. I wanted to get through the first one so I could follow the story regarding the second one (which I was 300% sure I was going to love)...now I think it's pretty cool, despite it's flaws.

At first I thought the topic was about the programming education tool made by Carnegie Mellon.

http://www.alice.org/index.php

That said.... I've never heard of/played what the topic is actually about.

What are the strong points?

It looks gorgeous. And if you're into the whole "dark" steampunk style thing stuff...then yeah,you'll love it. The gameplay's pretty fun, too.

This topic brings back memories. I definitely need to go back to the original game some day. I hope it's not too expensive now.

It's one of these games that even my tenacious younger self couldn't beat and eventually gave up after countless hours of running in circles.

Though, I guess if I didn't have access to cheat codes to skip to later levels, chances are I would have eventually gotten past that obstacle. It's just that back then I was so young that I didn't quite understand the difference between a hidden chest with 50 rupees in OoT and a cheat code. So I never ended up legitimately beating the game.

Edited by BrightBow

Do you love American McGee's Alice series? I think it's way too gorgeous. Love the style and everything. And if you played the second game (the one I'm currently digging), I feel the combat is fantastic. I wish I had an even better PC to go full graphics capacity ('dat PhySX).

EDIT: Don't you just loooove Cheshire? ;u;

I own the most recent one. The aesthetics and its artistic style are incredible. That's it for the positive attributes though. The gameplay and narrative are very lackluster and I wasn't enjoying the game too much save for how pretty it is. Edited by fuccboi

• 2 weeks later...