Pairings for fe4 ltc

momogeek2141

Hi guys, right now I'm doing an ltc of fe4 and I'm on chapter two. I'm not sure what pairings to do, so I want advice. Here is what I'm thinking.

Aideen: I have no idea. Should I go with midir for a usable Lester, azel for ch 4 rescuing, or Claud for early second gen rescue staff?

Ayra: I'm thinking noish or holyn.

Lach: probably Beowulf.

Sylvia: might kill her cause leg rings going to seliph.

Fury: levin because it costs nothing.

Tiltyu: azel?

Brigid: I'm thinking lex, but possibly holyn or dew too.

Please give feedback and suggestions, now is the time to think of pairings.

I haven't much liked Midayle!Lester. More usable than most Lesters but still pretty terrible IMO.

Noish and Holyn are both fine choices for Aira. Holyn/Briggid has great results so if you do Noish/Ayra and Holyn/Briggid that could give you leeway to go with something like Azel!Lester or Claude!Lester aka Benched. If you're going to nerf Lester you may as well try to optimize Faval.

If you want to get creative with Tiltyu both Lex and Finn provide skill sets that the kids can exploit using Wrath. You can end up with a promoted Lex!Arthur by the beginning to Chapter 8-- he may be useless as Lester come endgame but he can help carry your team for a while. You'll have Lewyn!Ced to fall back on in case any of the other kids turn out lousy, so you may as well have fun with it.

ETA: But maybe Arthur wouldn't promote that early on LTC. Hm.

Edited by Cymbalina's Revenge

I wouldn't worry too much about the parents of any unmounted kids. Most of FE4 LTC is obviously determind by how ridiculous your lord is, and people like Faval, Lester, Lakche and Skasaha really are not going to matter much.

If you can get the lowest turn count possible in gen 1 with Levin x Tiltyu I would go that route, might require some elaborate jealousy setup though, idk. If not then it's obviously not worth it, but an 1-2 range mounted unit that destroys everything seems like it'd contribute.

Definitely get Rescue as early as possible. I think the only FE4 speedrun I've ever seen used Claude x Aideen but I think the guy who ran it (YayMarsha/Molotov) said Azel x Aideen would have been better in retrospect.

Edited by Mekkah

Claude/Aideen is the most important pairing, it will save turns coming back from Yied. You should have enough time to pair them normally, if not you can use Jealousy. Ayra and Brigid have lower priority than Aideen if you've never reset the game (Fury and Lachesis work too if they're not busy doing other stuff)

Levin/Tiltyu can't use Jealousy, and has a less concrete benefit (you'll have to get Arthur to promotion, he's competing with Leaf for EXP/Elite Ring, and you will want Leaf promoted ASAP to use Rescue), and Levin might need to charge ahead to help with Reptor/Langobalt in chapter 5. If you have enough turns to get it, great, otherwise just stick with Levin/Fury.

Dew/Sylvia could be useful for inherent Bargain on your dancer, but those two won't have a lot of chance to be glued together.

For the other pairings, I don't think it matters much, go for the quickest pairing.

Edited by Baldrick

Aideen x Azel. Aideen x Azel will give you rescue staff access in chapters 4 and 5, just keep them glued together for all of the earlier chapters. Having an earlier rescue in gen 2 isn't that big a deal because it isn't the most useful staff unless Leif is promoted, which isn't realistically happening until chapter 9 at the earliest, by which time with Claude x Fury you can have the rescue staff anyways. This means that having the rescue staff in chapter 4 as well as 5 would save more turns, as Yied isn't that big a deal with a promoted Celice (which you should have by chapter 7 in ltc. ) If you're planning on rescue glitch abusing, pair her with Claude instead.

Claude x Fury. You won't have time to pair Levin and Tilityu, so while getting Holsety would sound nice, it would be on an unmounted unit, and your mounted units are good enough to destroy the game by themselves. The advantage of this is that after abusing the rescue staff in chapters 4 and 5 you could pass the rescue staff down to Sety, which means a quickly promoted Leif can use rescue in chapter 9 instead of waiting until 10 to buy it. Sety!Holsety probably won't save any turns anyways. I'm not sure how easy this one is to set up though.

Lachesis x Beowulf: If Lachesis is on rescuing duty in later chapters, you won't have much time to get her paired, so just do the quickest pairing possible. All that matters is charisma bots.

Besides that it doesn't really matter. Of course, I'm assuming that you're going for the absolute lowest turn count possible, and if you're going for a more laid back ltc, then maybe other options might be possible. Also, out of curiosity, what are your turn counts so far, and are you using rng abuse or not?

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

Are you using the rescue/gaurd glitch, because that makes every chapter after 5 have an obsenely low turncount.

Also, consider killing silvia. Using the beserk staff on the dead lord with hell so that he hits julious (and leaves him at 1 hp saves a ton of time

liquid tungsten carrots

Re: ch 4, Does Aideen have enough move to get into position to Rescue Sigurd from Silesia? Promoted Lach should do, but is that feasible?

Edited by Baldrick

Fury can also use the return staff too, if you have the cash to pass that around, and Lachesis should probably inherit that anyway and she has lots of money to rebuy it if necessary.

Seconding Azel/Aideen and Rescue!Sety too. Fee gets warp too, although I don't think that'll be that useful.

Prologue was around 12-13 turns, I don't remember exactly. Ch1 was early 30s, I think 32. ( I am not the best at ltcs, as you can probably tell.) I am not doing any rng manipulation, only minor for the arena. FuryxClaude will take 50 turns to set up (assuming they are glued with no jealousy), but that shouldn't be too much of a problem since ch3 exists. Should I have Sigurd repair the Tyrfing on ch5? I have no idea what the rescue/guard glitch is, and I don't plan on doing it. What was the lowest turn counts done for these chapters, so that I know how bad I am?

The Nicovideo 161 turn play through managed a 9 turn of the prologue and a 19 turn of chapter 1, though I think an 18 turn might be possible if you don't recruit Aira or Jamka. Of course, that playthrough used a lot of RNG abuse. Without RNG abuse/planning a 10 turn of the prologue and a 21 turn or so of Chapter 1 would probably be around the lowest it could go, but I've never tried ltcing FE4 with growths, so I may be wrong.