What happened to the dragons between fe7 and fe6!?

I realise this thread is a joke, but there is a distinct possibility that the manufactured war dragons FE6 were significantly smaller than a real dragon, which the FE7 is supposed to be iirc?

(everyone in fe7 is just 10 times smaller than the cast in fe6. the dragons are the same.)

Well, the fire dragon in FE7 is an "ancient fire dragon" in the japanese version, apparently.

http://serenesforest.net/general/localisation-changes/names/

I think it's because one's a mamkute but then again I think they're all technically mamkutes lol The "ancient" thing I guess does make some sense. Sort of like the difference between caineghis and curthnaga I suppose. I just thought it was funny

iLUzFQp.gif

vs.

mqdefault.jpg

hmmmmm....must've stopped hittin' the roids so hard.

I think because Idoun was mass producing the FE6 Dragons, she couldn't make them very to scale so to speak. If she didn't make so many, maybe they would be bigger.

Idoun herself is much larger than the war dragons, notably?

I think because Idoun was mass producing the FE6 Dragons, she couldn't make them very to scale so to speak. If she didn't make so many, maybe they would be bigger.

Idoun herself is much larger than the war dragons, notably?

Hmmm could be. I tried looking it up but it says that all of the dragons that escaped the scouring condensed their power into stone form with no exceptions besides those who stayed behind and were routed. So they're all technically the same in both games with the exception of Idounn. I guess the fe7 ones are bigger and stronger for the same reason hawkeye is bigger and stronger than other units. Also probably just for plot sake and needing to have a grand finale that featured something strong and not a run of the mill mamkute, or maybe roy and co. are just that much stronger than eliwood and them lol

The fire dragons you fight in FE6 are infants, aren't they?

And the dragon in FE7 was stronger because of his proximity to the Dragon's Gate, much like Ninian was. Neither Zephiel nor Roy ever got even close to the Dragon's Gate in FE6.

Edited by Paper Jam

The fire dragons you fight in FE6 are infants, aren't they?

And the dragon in FE7 was stronger because of his proximity to the Dragon's Gate, much like Ninian was. Neither Zephiel nor Roy ever got even close to the Dragon's Gate in FE6.

That would certainly make more sense, I just recall Lyn saying there was no way they could take on 3 dragons yet Roy and his band don't seem to ever have any problem taking down 3 so they must be different in some way, your explanation clears alot of that up.

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated

It could also be that humans were simply stronger in FE6. For example, only Eliwood could wield Durandal, only Hector could wield Armads, and only Athos could wield Forblaze in FE7, but anybody of sufficient skill in swords, axes, or anima magic could wield them in FE6.

I think it mostly has to do with the fact that the FE7 one was older, not-mass produced and survived the initial ice blast so it was probably quite strong for a regular dragon. Not to mention there's the possibility that Nergal specifically called upon more powerful dragons for more quintessence if he was capable of doing so.

I realise this thread is a joke, but there is a distinct possibility that the manufactured war dragons FE6 were significantly smaller than a real dragon, which the FE7 is supposed to be iirc?

(everyone in fe7 is just 10 times smaller than the cast in fe6. the dragons are the same.)

it was probably quite strong for a regular dragon.

Yahn sez hi.

Also, can I take the opportunity to point out that Yuka Tsujiyoko is awesome for deliberately making one of the melodic lines FE7's dragon fight theme a callback to Yahn's theme?

Edited by Kysafen