Anyone here experienced with pokemon hacking?

Dragoncat

Just what it says. The forum I went to for help that was just for pokemon hacking isn't active. Looking for someone who's willing to help me out when I need it. I've been trying to change the title screen and it always ends up looking like crap, for example...

Okay...but I'm not going to just PM him because:

1: It would be rude to demand his help, he hasn't offered it.

2: That might just be a nickname and not the actual username...

Shiiiiiiin.

You actually missed an "i". Anyway, yo! Titlescreen shenanigans can be a little tricky, which method are you trying to use? The image is actually packaged pretty weirdly so you need to do some things first.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?s=4992d5ef48a970b9913327d356e779ae&f=289

The PokeCommunity forums has a sub-forum specifically dedicated to ROM Hacking, much like our ROM Hacking section. Pretty sure they have something on title screens and other shenanigans there.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?s=4992d5ef48a970b9913327d356e779ae&f=289

The PokeCommunity forums has a sub-forum specifically dedicated to ROM Hacking, much like our ROM Hacking section. Pretty sure they have something on title screens and other shenanigans there.

You actually missed an "i". Anyway, yo! Titlescreen shenanigans can be a little tricky, which method are you trying to use? The image is actually packaged pretty weirdly so you need to do some things first.

I actually used pokecommunity for the tutorial. This one: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282367

If I try it again and it still comes out that way I'll put in a screenie...

post-12341-0-69532600-1419695859_thumb.png

There's the image. It's indexed and it had to be repointed since it was too big.

I used:

Unlz

Advance Palette Editor(but the colors had to be put in manually because it wouldn't load the palette file)

Infran View

Nameless Tile Map Editor(all palettes set to E according to the guide, size set to R/S title screen)

Free Space Finder

Image inserted, then raw tile map file, in the places the guide said.

I also have two more images for the version title and the push start thing, but they work so...yeah.

Edited by Dragoncat

It looks like you messed up with the tilemapping. I'd recommend starting again and following the instructions to a tee. Skipping one because it doesn't look relevant or because you don't quite get it can be detrimental with these kind of things.

Tile mapping huh...

Think you can help me understand that process more? Like...why do all the palettes have to be E, and if I click the + to select more tiles at a time, does that affect anything?

The "E" thing is just so it inserts properly, don't worry about the exact workings, and no, selecting more tiles at once doesn't cause any problems. Show me a screen capture of what you were doing in NTME. Or you could just follow a video guide, I have a feeling you're getting confused by the instructions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDG1ODWMHfs