How do characters learn 5th skill?

Kuru

Some of my characters already did, but most haven't even learned the 3rd or 4th yet. So yeah, just wondering whether all I need to do is keep leveling up and not do anything special in order for them to get all five. Or, do I need to use Second Seals and give them another job/class so they can learn other skills?

---Edit---I just realized I am posting this in the general FE section. There is a section for FEA, so I'll try to post my next questions there. If a mod can move this if this needs to be moved, thanks. ;)

Edited by Guenhwyvar

The skill is sent to their skill bank and can be equipped later.

Generally, they need to second seal into other classes to get more than 4 skills.

Oh really? So most characters can't learn all five in their default class and their promotion class? Such as Myrmidon to Swordmaster, Mage to Sage, etc. I thought that all characters could learn five skills even if they just stayed true to their two classes.

Yes, generally each class learns four skills throughout it's line.

Example, Lord gets Dual Strike +(level 1) and Charm(Level 10). Then when they promote to Great Lord, they get Aether (level 5) and Rightful King (level 15).

So yeah, generally 4 skills unless they reclass. Some characters have special skills, like Aversa's Shadowgift, giving them more by default.

Children characters also inherit two skills(one from each parent) from their parents, so they may get more than four without reclassing.

Edited by L95

Yes, generally each class learns four skills throughout it's line.

Example, Lord gets Dual Strike +(level 1) and Charm(Level 10). Then when they promote to Great Lord, they get Aether (level 5) and Rightful King (level 15).

So yeah, generally 4 skills unless they reclass. Some characters have special skills, like Aversa's Shadowgift, giving them more by default.

Children characters also inherit two skills(one from each parent) from their parents, so they may get more than four without reclassing.

Oh thanks. This is very helpful.

And I see that the thread was moved. That's cool, too. XD

You can also use the DLC chapters some of them like Rogues and Redeemers 3 give skill items as a reward for completing it which you can use once on any character. If you want multiple characters to get the skill just complete the chapter again and you'll get another one.

You can also use the DLC chapters some of them like Rogues and Redeemers 3 give skill items as a reward for completing it which you can use once on any character. If you want multiple characters to get the skill just complete the chapter again and you'll get another one.

Really? How many of these items can you obtain? As many as you want? Just curious, that's all. XD

Really? How many of these items can you obtain? As many as you want? Just curious, that's all. XD

Yep. You can get as many copies of the item as times you beat the chapter. Edited by Rovan

Base classes learn skills at Lv.1 and 10, promoted classes learn skills at Lv.5 and 15, special classes (anything with a level cap of 30 that can be inherited, Dancer and the DLC classes) learn skills at Lv.1 and 15. DLC skills can be learned at any time when you use their item. There are lots of cases in which units start with skills they wouldn't normally have, as well (children, Spotpass characters and Logbook units).

You get 2 skills in a basic class, and 2 in advanced classes, which makes 4 (duh...).

Reclassing lets you get 5+, being re-equipped in the skills menu on the overworld.

You can get as many second/master seals you want after a certain chapter (Chapter 12/13 IIRC) from shops.

You may want to prioritize certain skills though, as EXP gain goes down when you reclass, to a minimum of 8, if you have EXPonential growth DLC...

7 is the minimum KO exp, actually. You just don't see it very often because you almost always get at least 1 more for doing damage (the exception is if you've whacked something on Lunatic too many times and your damage exp is at 0).

Not counting Lunatic Spotpass battles, of course.