Pokemon nicknames

Dwarfishh

Do you have any favourite/consistent nicknames for pokemon? Just curious really.

Personally, the only consistent name I have is For mightyena (Huge Gen 3 fan), which is Repede (Huge TOV fan...). Also started calling my Golurks Alphonse recently, with the occasional 'YnoSly???', If anyone gets that reference...

I never nickname in-game pokemon teams, only some of my competitive built teams if I'm following a certain theme (teams based on and named after book, video game, anime, etc. characters or something in that vein). For the longest time I never liked nicknaming my pokemon at all, but after getting into competitive battling its nice to be able to differentiate your pokemon and make cool themed teams with the names.

A few of the teams I've made like that are:

Fire Emblem team

Soul Eater team

Tales of the Abyss team (half of a multi battle team I made with Lux)

Shakugan no Shana team

Steins;Gate team

Kamisama Kiss team

Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus team

Planning on making a Xenoblade Chronicles, Golden Sun, and Log Horizon team next. Maybe some more Tales teams too since alot of the more recent ones only have six characters...

My first run through Heart Gold I named my team after precious gems, in Y I named my team after weapons and equipment found in the Etrian Odyssey games, and I always name my Leafeon after swords.

I never nickname in-game pokemon teams, only some of my competitive built teams if I'm following a certain theme (teams based on and named after book, video game, anime, etc. characters or something in that vein). For the longest time I never liked nicknaming my pokemon at all, but after getting into competitive battling its nice to be able to differentiate your pokemon and make cool themed teams with the names.

Fire Emblem team

Soul Eater team

Shakugan no Shana team

Steins;Gate team

Kamisama Kiss team

Planning on making a Xenoblade Chronicles, Golden Sun, and Log Horizon team next. Maybe some more Tales teams too since alot of the more recent ones only have six characters...

I'd love to hear some highlights of the fire emblem, soul eater, TotA and percy jackson/HoO teams if you don't mind

Please tell me death is a duskull... Look at the similarities... :O

My first run through Heart Gold I named my team after precious gems, in Y I named my team after weapons and equipment found in the Etrian Odyssey games, and I always name my Leafeon after swords.

My leafeons are usually named Dryad (And my Glaceons Naiad) any reason why swords, besides the absurd physical stats?

I try to nickname the pokemon I use in my main run, but I often have trouble coming up with nicknames (since I feel like most of them are unoriginal)

Fire Emblem team

Soul Eater team

Shakugan no Shana team

Steins;Gate team

Kamisama Kiss team

A multi-battle team that we never got the chance to use '>v>. (are we still doing a multi battle team with Mega Gardevoir and Mega Gallade?)

Which team had the Weakness Policy Dragonite? I remember that thing really scared. I think I got lucky with a crit or something otherwise, I think that thing would have swept me.

I don't nickname Pokemon often, but I did do it in XY for the first time ever. :P

I nicknamed my Sylveon Fauna because Fauna is my favorite Disney fairy (she's from Sleeping Beauty). I also nicknamed the other Eeveelutions after mostly fairies.

Flareon - Flora (Sleeping Beauty)

Vaporeon - Maryweather (Sleeping Beauty)

Umbreon - Cornelius (Thumbelina)

Jolteon - Tinkerbell (Peter Pan/Tinkerbell movies)

Espeon - Merlin (not a fairy, but he's a wizard from The Sword in the Stone)

Leafeon - ...I can't remember what I named this one. >_<

Glaceon - Elsa (again, not a fairy, but the icy queen from Frozen)

I dunno why I did this, I just felt like it. lol

I also nicknamed Regice in AS because it's required to get Regigigas. I named it Olaf after the snowman in Frozen. XD

I named my Gallade Oberon to match the Gardevoir LuxSpes genned for me.

I nickname all my competitive Pokemon that aren't legendaries.

It was nicknamed Titania, right? (shame that Shiny Mega Gallade doesn't get black highlights like Mega Gardevoir does)

I really like doing one of five things:

1. Taking a portion of their name and taking -ea (pronounced eh-AH)to the end. Ex. Munea (Munna), Volcarea (Volcarona)

2. Naming them after Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champions associated with the species. Ex. Cress (Panpour > Simipour), Gardenia (Budew > Roselia > Roserade)

3. Naming them after stuff in FE

4. Asking a family member/someone nearby to get a usually dumb nickname

5. If I'm mass breeding or it's a legendary, I won't name it. Laziness in regard to the first... And it feels wrong to me for the second.

I'd love to hear some highlights of the fire emblem, soul eater, TotA and percy jackson/HoO teams if you don't mind

Please tell me death is a duskull... Look at the similarities... :O

I'd have to go back and check on just what my FE and HoO teams were; haven't used them in a long time and they're still back in X, but the others are:

Soul Eater:

Maka (Blaziken)

Soul (Garchomp)

Black Star (Lucario)

Tsubaki (Mega Shiny Gardevoir)

Kid (Darkrai) [Duskull sounds nice too, but you gotta admit that Darkrai really does look like Death and Death the Kid when shrouded in the cloaks]

Crona (Shiny Aegislash)

TotA:

Tear (Gardevoir)

Natalia (Milotic)

Guy (Floatzel)

Asch (Mega Houndoom)

Legretta (Mienshao)

Arietta (Mandibuzz)

Lux has the other half of the team.

I try to nickname the pokemon I use in my main run, but I often have trouble coming up with nicknames (since I feel like most of them are unoriginal)

A multi-battle team that we never got the chance to use '>v>. (are we still doing a multi battle team with Mega Gardevoir and Mega Gallade?)

Which team had the Weakness Policy Dragonite? I remember that thing really scared. I think I got lucky with a crit or something otherwise, I think that thing would have swept me.

Yeah, we really should use them. And yes, we must! Also, did you want to make another multi battle team based on Xenoblade??? :>

Oh, that Dragonite was part of my Kanto team; they're not based off of anything so I don't nickname them, but I do have Regional teams of pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. Waiting for more megas to choose from Unova and Kalos before I make those teams...

Edited by Silver Lightning

My leafeons are usually named Dryad (And my Glaceons Naiad) any reason why swords, besides the absurd physical stats?

Leaf Blade. And knights usually use swords, knights are one of my favorite things, Leafeon is my favorite Pokemon.

I name just about everything. Don't usually use a theme, just whatever. So I won't make a big wall of text...here's my team for stomping the elite four in OR.

Leafwind(sceptile)

Azure(latios)

Broil(camerupt)

Pitch(dusclops)

Breeze(pelipper)

Shale(armaldo)

I used to always have a female poochyena/mightyena named Blacky on the GBA ruby, after the dog I had back then. She was a black lab/collie mix. Now after I've learned that the species is actually based on hyenas, I have one named Shenzi after one of the hyenas in Lion King.

I generally name my pokemon after ancient gods. Mostly Greek ones, but others will do if i'm out of names.

If I see a similarity I might nickname my pokemon after video game characters. My Roserade was called Hanbei if I recall correctly.

I'd have to go back and check on just what my FE and HoO teams were; haven't used them in a long time and they're still back in X, but the others are:

Soul Eater:

Maka (Blaziken)

Soul (Garchomp)

Black Star (Lucario)

Tsubaki (Mega Shiny Gardevoir)

Kid (Darkrai) [Duskull sounds nice too, but you gotta admit that Darkrai really does look like Death and Death the Kid when shrouded in the cloaks]

Crona (Shiny Aegislash)

TotA:

Tear (Gardevoir)

Natalia (Milotic)

Guy (Floatzel)

Asch (Mega Houndoom)

Legretta (Mienshao)

Arietta (Mandibuzz)

Lux has the other half of the team.

Yeah, we really should use them. And yes, we must! Also, did you want to make another multi battle team based on Xenoblade??? :>

Oh, that Dragonite was part of my Kanto team; they're not based off of anything so I don't nickname them, but I do have Regional teams of pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. Waiting for more megas to choose from Unova and Kalos before I make those teams...

I didn't know you had a Shiny Aegislash :O

My half of the TotA team was:

Luke (Arcanine)

Jade (Metagross)

Anise (Mega Banette)

Ion (Togekiss)

Van (Gallade)

Largo (Luxray)

Maybe some peeps in the HHH thread would like to do a multi battle. I guess we'll need to plan how we want to do it. And you bet I want to make a Xenoblade themed one! Oh right I remember now!

I name all my legendaries after important Fire Emblem characters. Latios and Latias, Ephaim and Eirika. Grima the Girantina. Etc.

And Garnef the Shedinja. Makes sense to me considering he has Imhullu/Maph. Too bad he doesn't have the full effect.

If I had to list every name here... well it would take a while. But yes, I nickname every Pokemon, may it be competetive or just for in-game.

For my in-game mons, I just use the first word which comes to my random mind when choosing a name; for my competetive mons I usually give them just random female names. Only exceptions are one team I made a few months ago, which I named after the Senran Kagura cast and a Greninja I named Fimbulvetr.

Back when I was a kid,I named a Mareep in Silver "PyowPyow".Again,I was a kid.I was stupid.I don't know why,but I really liked that name and now I name all Mareep I use "PyowPyow" unless they're shiny.Then I name them after their colour-Purple.

Edited by ShadowShine