We can all agree Double Pacman teams are banned, and then we have air Mac

DreadFighter

This is game breaking. Legitimately.

Sakurai now needs to fix this exploit even when he said no more patches. This was discovered yesterday so most of you probably have not seen it.

Yes they can stall FOREVER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSea7nIOvIw

And Little Mac has the best aerial combo in the game. Irony I know.

Edited by Craptain Falchion

The Pac-Man combo isn't too special. If you know it's coming, it can be stopped pretty easily, and it wouldn't even work in tournament because team attack is always on.

The Little Mac combo is...interesting, though.

The Pac-Man combo isn't too special. If you know it's coming, it can be stopped pretty easily, and it wouldn't even work in tournament because team attack is always on.

The Little Mac combo is...interesting, though.

Couldn't you just use Pikachu's Thunder to hit them?

The significance is more that Sakurai has to patch the game because the FG players will be destroyed, altering Pac-Man as a character possibly.

The significance is more that Sakurai has to patch the game because the FG players will be destroyed, altering Pac-Man as a character possibly.

If you know it's coming, it can be stopped pretty easily

In that video alone, they almost lost it in sudden death. It can catch some people off guard, but it's not very safe in execution.

And something I forgot, it wouldn't work in a tourney setting even with team attack off because the rules would have them lose due to higher damage, lol.

In that video alone, they almost lost it in sudden death. It can catch some people off guard, but it's not very safe in execution.

And something I forgot, it wouldn't work in a tourney setting even with team attack off because the rules would have them lose due to higher damage, lol.

True, but we shall see Pac-man trolls for many days to come.

Luckily as you said, it is not plausible in a tournament setting.

The Pac-Man thing is no big deal for competitive play but it should be patched out regardless. Thankfully the execution is harder than it looks and it's just a boring stall tactic that many projectile characters can counteract, especially Pikachu.

Also Little Mac might have that air combo going for them in competitive online play but I think Mii Brawler has an easier time doing the same early top-of-screen KO. Mii Brawler is high tier in Japan based on tourney results because of that.

True, but we shall see Pac-man trolls for many days to come.

not really considering this would only occur online if you're playing with friends or 2vs2 with local partner. It's difficult to coordinate and do this in random matches in most cases.

oh good someone made this thread I almost forgot

if they had a stock lead it would work tho
...except for like, stalling being almost always explicitly banned, and you're forfeiting the set if you try to pull that sort of bullshit

(from what I read, you are definitely right that team attack being on also messes this particular technique up)

reddit was having a good laugh last night about this
most of the posts were pointing out exactly why it's a non-issue in competitive play

I remember the Little Mac combo was very limited in how it can be used. Donkey Kong sounds like one of the only characters if not the only characters it works on and I also believe it has a very limited window in which it can work.