Neutral Stages

Loki Laufeyson

I know it can get crazy with high percents and all but I don't find it all that uncommon to get spiked at the bottom and it seems to me the physics of this game are such that the game almost bounces you off the stage far more deliberatly than melee or brawl (I notice this when I literaly stick to a wall for a good second or two then fly off faster than anything making it impossible to recover). I was just thinking what if you do 1-2 stock on it no time. I could see 1 stock matches on there getting kinda crazy. Than again I'm not all that competative or familiar with tourneys (other than the whole one vs one no items business).

I know it can get crazy with high percents and all but I don't find it all that uncommon to get spiked at the bottom and it seems to me the physics of this game are such that the game almost bounces you off the stage far more deliberatly than melee or brawl (I notice this when I literaly stick to a wall for a good second or two then fly off faster than anything making it impossible to recover). I was just thinking what if you do 1-2 stock on it no time. I could see 1 stock matches on there getting kinda crazy. Than again I'm not all that competative or familiar with tourneys (other than the whole one vs one no items business).

Like what Knife said, camping and running away is the biggest issue with giant maps. The amount of abuse you can do with that map especially with someone like villager and kirby is just insane.

Oh you're going to come after me? Sorry I'll just fly away all the way across this stage where it will take you longer than I can do it because you don't have the same amount of recovery that I have.

Not to mention that players want their smash attacks to be guarantee kills and structures preventing that just makes it not fun in competitive scenes.

Edited by kingddd

pretty sure a decent amount of people on the stage thread on smashboards are against stadium 2.

You sure about this? I thought it was outright banned in Brawl, due to the wind stage prolonging matches needlessly

Yeah, the original Pokémon Stadium from Melee was comp-viable, but Pokémon Stadium 2 is ass.

There's been debate on Pokemon Stadium 2 because while the wind physics in Brawl made the stage nearly unplayable, the stage effects were noticeably toned down in Smash 4's physics engine. The wind and treadmill stages are less obtrusive than before. But then again they could have settled on a ban by now, but it was definitely debated and not an outright ban. I think it exists in the same shaky it's-not-horrible-but-it's-reaching state that Rainbow Ride (Melee) and Halberd are in.

(I am aware Rainbow Ride is now banned but it was once upon a time tourney legal. Same with Pokefloats)

Edited by Samias

what other people said and people can also tech the stage when they get hit it if they're good

Edited by Comet

There's been debate on Pokemon Stadium 2 because while the wind physics in Brawl made the stage nearly unplayable, the stage effects were noticeably toned down in Smash 4's physics engine. The wind and treadmill stages are less obtrusive than before. But then again they could have settled on a ban by now, but it was definitely debated and not an outright ban. I think it exists in the same shaky it's-not-horrible-but-it's-reaching state that Rainbow Ride (Melee) and Halberd are in.

The wind effect still has a huge effect on gameplay. Also, the electric transformation affects the match a lot more than, say, Dreamland, simply due to its size. Pokemon Stadium is not as big as Dreamland, so you're constantly being blown off onto the ledge. Not to mention that transformations stay out for a very long time. Ice physics suck bad, too. The only really neutral part of it is the base Pokémon Stadium and the Ground Transformation.

Edited by Gaia