What Are You Guessing The Next Non-Smash Amiibo Will Be?

Randoman

What are you guessing the next non-Smash Bros. amiibo will be? (And if it's a Mario universe character, feel free to throw in a non-Mario universe guess to make this thread more interesting) Also, did you anticipate the first non-Smash Bros. amiibo being Toad at all?

I was actually thinking the first non-Smash amiibo would be Daisy or Waluigi, given the Mario series' popularity, prevalence, and how a lot of Mario universe games have/are getting amiibo compatibility. I thought for sure those two would get amiibo for Mario Party 10, they'd be compatible with the game, and Mario Party 10 would write data on the amiibo rather than simply scanning them and unlocking content. Well, I suppose 1 out of 3 is still alright.

Although Toad turned out to be the actual first non-Smash amiibo, I was pleasantly suprised by that. I mean, Toad is one of my favourite Mario universe characters and he, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Yoshi are a really prevalent and reoccuring group in the Mario series (especially with those 6 being some of the oldest Mario series veterans and being perfect attendance characters in the Mario Kart series). After being non-playable in a lot of spinoffs lately, it's really nice that they make it up to him and make him the first non-Smash amiibo.

Well, I'm still guessing Daisy or Waluigi will be the next non-Smash amiibo coming up. I mean, the Mario universe is still the one getting the most amiibo compatibility. Though barring the Mario universe, I guess I'd predict Slippy. I really don't know who else to guess, plus Star Fox Wii U is coming out and Fox and Falco amiibo might be compatible with it.

Edited by Randoman

Series-wise, I would say the Legend of Zelda series or the Pokemon series being the next non-Smash amiibo, seeing as they're the next two bigest franchises that Nintendo has.

For the Mario series, probably Daisy, Waluigi, or some of the other regulars for the spin-off games.

Since we've already gotten news of a Mario-specific wave, I'm guessing the next wave will either be Zelda (for Zelda Wii U) or FE (for Fire Emblem if). I normally wouldn't have thought FE would merit such a thing, but it seems like Nintendo is ready and willing to build up hype and merchandising for FE after the success of Awakening, and since FEif is already coming out this summer in Japan, it'll probably beat out Zelda Wii U release. I'm not sure if there are any other large enough franchises with games coming out in the late-spring-to-summer time period that might also get in on the Amiibo thing.

I would say Zelda after Mario, but I know the creator of Bayonetta really wanted a Bayonetta Amiibo and wish that would happen, there will probably be more FE Amiibos when IF comes out but I think that will be after more Zelda Amiibos.

Yes, there are more. The recent Nintendo Direct revealed a Toad Amiibo, like Randoman pointed out.

But yeah, if more non-Smash Mario characters don't get Amiibos next, then I'm guessing Zelda and Pokemon will have their own lines first. I'm also not expecting a Daisy Amiibo anyway due to how hated she is... Even though I personally love her and really want her. :(

Probably something Zelda U related.

Also, did you anticipate the first non-Smash Bros. amiibo being Toad at all?

Given that they said that Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker had amiibo support absolutely ages ago, yes I did.

Although, I thought that they would be a Toadette one as well.