Retrieving a Save File

Minischew

Hello! I apologize for repeating a question that's probably been asked numerous times, but...

Is there a way to retrieve an overwritten save file?

An hour or so ago, I started a Hard/Casual game in order to start support grinding. I was planning on using the two extra save files FE:A provided for Casual battles. As I played on, the game would ask me to save at certain checkpoints, and normally, I skipped over that procedure. Unfortunately, just now, I carelessly forgot that my save file was limited within the battlefield, and when the game asked me to save, I accidentally saved over my main file.

So far, the small amount of information I've found tells me that there is no way to retrieve a save file, so I am inclined to believe that is the case. However, I was wondering if, perhaps, there was some arcane method of retrieving a save file that I had yet to discover. My main file was not a Lunatic run-through, so it was not too "valuable," but I'm a bit sentimental and reluctant to let go of it.

Thank you, and have a wonderful week!

Not unless you've been backing up your saves to your SD card (digital) or own and have been using a save dongle (physical).

Basically no, but you should look into doing one of those if you want to take steps against this happening again.

Oh, I see. I have my game as a cartridge, so I was hoping there was some "innate" saving system on it, similar to how Microsoft Word automatically saves your deleted documents.

That's a bit of a disappointment, but thank you very much for the help!