When will we next hear about Fire Emblem: if? What type of information will we hear?

Irony

When and What will we hear information about FIre Emblem:if  

87 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think we will next hear information about Fire Emblem: if

• Next week
    • Next Month
    • Before E3
    • At E3
    • After E3
    • Other (place in comments)
  2. 2. What type of information will we hear?

• Character information.
    • Plot information.
    • Class information
    • Mechanics information.
    • Voice Actor information.
    • Other (voice in comments)
  3. 3. How will Nintendo reveal information to us?

• Nintendo Direct
    • E3 Presentation
    • Interview
    • A Website of some sort
    • Other (voice in comments)

Before E3 (probably April or something), plot and mechanics (earlier presentations tend to focus on gameplay stuff and discuss about it at an overall scale), and it will be delivered through Nintendo Direct (official websites don't open until around one month prior to release). And honesty, I hope they don't talk too much about it; we knew everything from the existence of time travel to Marth's identity before the game was out.

Before E3 (probably April or something), plot and mechanics (earlier presentations tend to focus on gameplay stuff and discuss about it at an overall scale), and it will be delivered through Nintendo Direct (official websites don't open until around one month prior to release). And honesty, I hope they don't talk too much about it; we knew everything from the existence of time travel to Marth's identity before the game was out.

I hope that they don't blab too much either. I only want to know:

Setting- I want to know where if is set.

Plot- I want to know what happens in the first few chapters. I don't want spoilers!

Characters- Names and classes of characters who appear, especially the dancer and the women in white (IF they are not the same person).

Music- Who is the composer for this game? I want to hear more of the soundtrack.

Classes- New Classes? Returning Classes? Will skills still play a part?

I think they will give more info and the date of the Japanese release on a future Nintendo Direct. They'll surely talk about the plot and the characters. The basic mechanics will be the same as Awakening, so I don't think they'll focus on that. New classes would be cool to watch, too!

I don't think IS is going to remake old FE for the 25th anniversary. The ones before FE7 were a lot different from Awakening, they should change too much things to make it appealing to new fans. Instead I think they will make new Amiibos, like the Super Mario series ones that they announced at the last Nintendo Direct. A limited edition of FEif with a book similar to Hyrule Historia would be awsome too.

I am pretty sure Nintendo said at some point that GameCube games were going to be made available on Virtual Console, so a remake isn't necessary.

I mean, seriously, guys, do you really think that everything on the WIi U Virtual Console is "it?" They have more planned. Genesis, Nintendo 64, GameCube, DS, and more are all waiting to be released.

On the topic of Tellius I'm fine with any sort of release as long as it means I can play the games legally for not $80. If anything I'd prefer a straight port to 3DS like Xenoblade, or a straight up release on Wii or Wii U. But any new Fire Emblem is awesome with me.

I assume next we get release window and then some info on the Avatar and maybe the dancer.

I am pretty sure Nintendo said at some point that GameCube games were going to be made available on Virtual Console, so a remake isn't necessary.

I mean, seriously, guys, do you really think that everything on the WIi U Virtual Console is "it?" They have more planned. Genesis, Nintendo 64, GameCube, DS, and more are all waiting to be released.

And this is why I got a 32GB flash drive for my Wii U. But regardless I wish Nintendo would get a move on on this. Absoulutely no reason to not transfer the Wii VC over.

I would expect more info in a direct around E3 time frame but it will likely be mixed with other Nintendo game news designed to boost their apparent line up at E3. With the 3Ds being their biggest success Nintendo will likely want any prominent games (which awakening became for an FE first) to give a good showing at E3

• 2 weeks later...

I think we will know a lot about the game before E3 I could see this game being released in Japan before E3 and not to long after in North america. I would love a Fire Emblem direct and I would love like a collection of none released fire emblem games untouched or remastered.

On the topic of Tellius I'm fine with any sort of release as long as it means I can play the games legally for not $80. If anything I'd prefer a straight port to 3DS like Xenoblade, or a straight up release on Wii or Wii U. But any new Fire Emblem is awesome with me.

Definitely agree with this.

Does anyone know when and how the old Fire Emblem edition of 3DS was first announced for Japan?

I'm asking because I want to know how long before the release of Awakening it was. I'm going to Japan in April and I had planned to puchase a New 3DS until I heard of the new Fire Emblem title. There is a chance that there will be a another Fire Emblem themed 3DS. I'm hoping that it will be announced by then, so that I know whether it's worth waiting for or not.

Does anyone know when and how the old Fire Emblem edition of 3DS was first announced for Japan?

I'm asking because I want to know how long before the release of Awakening it was. I'm going to Japan in April and I had planned to puchase a New 3DS until I heard of the new Fire Emblem title. There is a chance that there will be a another Fire Emblem themed 3DS. I'm hoping that it will be announced by then, so that I know whether it's worth waiting for or not.

According to this... game was announced 13th september 2011, FE13 3DS was announced 1 March 2012.... so, like 6 months, and 2 months away from Awakening's jp release.

According to this... game was announced 13th september 2011, FE13 3DS was announced 1 March 2012.... so, like 6 months, and 2 months away from Awakening's jp release.

Thanks a bunch! Sounds like it would be hard to apply on the current situation though. But I know it was quite some time before the release.

Extrapolating from this:

We first heard about the game in the January Direct.

Next, we will get some more information on the game mechanics and such in the April Direct.

Starting in late May or early June, articles in magazines like Jump and Famitsu will reveal more details about the plot and characters all the way up til the game releases in late July or early August.