Dread Fighter to be a Primary Class?

TwinBlade

Okay, been thinking. This game sort of is styled around a Feudal Japan (I did say sort of.) And the Dread Fighter very much does look like it could be some kind of Japanese Assassin. The artwork of the class would certainly fit into the theme of the game from the looks of things. Maybe not everyone in the game can become one this time around, but I think it's possible it will be in the main game at release and not from DLC.

Thoughts? Complaints? Would you like it to be in the game with only certain characters having access to it? Or would you prefer it remain an item and all males could use the class?

I could actually see this combining with another topic (the subject of Tacticians returning or not) with the Tactician being redesigned/renamed to have a more Eastern flair, then promoting to Dread Fighter and gaining axes on promotion. Might have the skills rejiggered if it is indeed a standard class, since the DF skills are incredibly strong for a 1st/2nd-tier non-DLC class.

Edited by Kirie

I could see Dread Fighter as a Tier 3 class and/or unique class tbh
weapon triangle flexibility + tomes + basically immune to magic seems a wee bit stronger than most standard classes

personally I love the class so it would be swell for it to be something everyone could access (and not just males)
I just don't think it'd be the best thing for the game, if that makes sense

don't get me wrong it's definitely something I'd like to see worked in

just remove the stupid genderlock

Honestly the dread fighters cool and all but I don't want them to just reuse awakenings assets entirly they can reuse the models of the essentials such as swordmaster, heroes,paladin etc... But when it comes to uncommon classes I want a new unique class.

I could see them adding Dread Fighter as an upgrade of it's own, but I don't see why it'd need to be tied to Tactician. It'd also be kind of different I imagine, I just mean something somewhat similar to it. It's not like an anti-magic class is really needed.

I was hoping it would be somewhat like Jaffar. An enemy is one, and joins up with us. Assassins back in FE7, well there was only two assassins available to play (three counting legault but you only get 1 fell contract so can only get two assassins), and the exclusivity made them very fun and unique to me. If you give everyone access to a class or most units, it kind of takes away from the uniqueness.

Honestly, I think they should stick with the formula of having the non-promoted classes limited to one weapon type (except the cavaliers, of course) and having the some of the promoted classes have access to two weapon types and have six of them stick with one weapon type while receiving some sort of passive bonus as well. Three weapon classes would then only exist as "sidegrades" to the regular promoted classes and only be an alternative to them, meaning they will not surpass them.

While all male characters can use it using Awakening's DLC, I think as an class in the base game it should be special and by extension limited, kind of like Walhart's Conquerer class.

Edited by arvilino