I really need to start strategizing in this game...

Junkhead

I know there are many people who don't even treat this game as such, with the ability to grind and take countless hours to make great and powerful units. But for those of us who happen to play faster, there's definitely some strategy involved. In my case, I realize that while I do play this game "fast" (as in, lower number of turns), my problem is that I don't think anywhere as much as I could be. I usually rely on lettings things happen, and try to react accordingly...I could be saving myself a lot more time.

Anyone else guilty of this?

I'd appreciate if you didn't use meme marks. Whatever game it is, it's a game. An FE game...posted in General Fire Emblem. It's like you people need everything spelt out for you, otherwise it won't settle your autism.

Whatever game it is, it's a game. An FE game...posted in General Fire Emblem.

I'm honestly not sure how that adds up to Awakening when there's a dedicated forum for it that you didn't use. So you posted in the wrong place, no need to pretend it's his fault.

On topic, I've occasionally forgotten to do something important with a unit who's been inactive for several turns in maps with a lot going on and proceed straight to EP, but it's not very common and usually only hurts in Lunatic+.

I don't know I've never been one for speed running through Fire Emblem. FE is the game I like to take my time on and think things through (kinda the point of being turn based) so I try to kill all the enemies on the map for the EXP (even if i'm not grinding with DLC) just to enjoy the game more. The exceptions being some DLC Maps or the Endgame with Grima. Then again half the goals in Awakening are kill everyone :P