Possible New Game try

Kuru

Are they really that bad? Nasir, with his 40 atk should deal 5 points of damage against Ashnard and his 25 speed should prevent him from being doubled if he transforms normally. But I don't know how the stat reduction of the Demi Band is calculated.

No, I made a mistake there. I forgot to add the Transformation stats to the Laguz bases. Sorry about that.

In that case, Ena still won't be able to damage Ashnard at base but Nasir could.

For the Demi Band, it says on the Transformation page about halving the Transformation stats with decimals rounded up. I guess a base Nasir with the Demi Band shouldn't be able to damage Ashnard either and will now be doubled by Ashnard.

Yeah, the dragons do need some help to take no Ashnard. That's why I suggested Resolve/Wrath, and I'd prolly make sure they're in fully transformed form too.

Ok. So before I move on to clear the early chapters, is there anything special that I should know? Such as the recruitment of characters, missable items. Stuff like that.

I'm including stuff up to Chapter 15. Anything standard is not mentioned.

Chapter 5: Ashera Icon from Dakova, the boss. It's a defense mission so there's a turn limit. If you don't think you'll need Ashera Icon for boost or money, you don't have to bother yourself with it.

Chapter 8: Red Gem and Soldier Band from Karuma, the boss. Another defense misssion.

Chapter 9: Pirates spawn to destroy houses on left. Top house is Talisman and bottom is Restore staff, so my notes say.

Chapter 10: Depends if you want to get all treasure (higher chance to get caught) or you want to bolt to the exit. Top-right chest is Statue Fragment and the chests in the left room go from top to bottom, left to right: Javelin, Short Axe, Steel Lance, Counter scroll. If I recall correctly, you can go into the room with the boss and "not get caught." If you bolt to exit, you will miss out on Nephenee, Brom, and Kieran. All you need to do to recruit them is unlock the door and have them survive.

Chapter 11: There's a thief which I believe goes for the center house. Recruit Zihark by talking either with Lethe or Mordecai. Don't kill Jill to recruit her later.

Chapter 12: I think if you go by the max amount of turns for BEXP, you miss out on another Secret Book.

Chapter 13: Later in the map, ravens come to steal chests. If a raven who steals an item is able to get another, you lose out on the first item unless you are able to steal it back (kind of unlikely because of their higher Speed). A defense mission.

Chapter 15: Desert chapter so lots of hidden treasure. There's a map on SF. Recruit Stefan by going to a specific square with Lethe or Mordecai.

Demi band Nasir isn't so bad. I used it. He doesn't help against Ashnard but really who does? He can face tank really hard with his massive defensive parameters.

I usually had Reyson gobble up the laguz stones before the final, lol.

Fine I won't give Demi band to Nasir if I get him. For now, I have some questions before I continue playing POR. The characters learn their skills on their own, right? But if I remember correctly, there are some skills that you get from treasure chests, right? When exactly will I get any of those, if there are any? And also...how many are there?

Many units will come with their own Skill or two but they won't learn any naturally. This is where Scrolls come in.

The first skill Scroll you get is Miracle in chapter 7 in a chest. Most are in chests but a few can be found on enemies, in the desert, in an info convo, or in a village. If you raid all the chests you encounter, you'll pretty much get the essential skills you want (an Occult or two, Wrath, Resolve). Check the villages for ones like Vantage, Saviour, and Nihil. These are pretty much the extent of which I'll play with Scrolls since some are pretty underwhelming in PoR.

Many units will come with their own Skill or two but they won't learn any naturally. This is where Scrolls come in.

The first skill Scroll you get is Miracle in chapter 7 in a chest. Most are in chests but a few can be found on enemies, in the desert, in an info convo, or in a village. If you raid all the chests you encounter, you'll pretty much get the essential skills you want (an Occult or two, Wrath, Resolve). Check the villages for ones like Vantage, Saviour, and Nihil. These are pretty much the extent of which I'll play with Scrolls since some are pretty underwhelming in PoR.

I see. Thanks for the help. I thought the characters learned some on their own, but I was wrong. O.o

Don't know if you're there yet but on Chapter 11 the BK comes out of that house in the center once you engage the boss so avoid it at all costs or you'll likely lose some units. Plus you can just send Lethe/Mordacai by where Zihark is and he'll come forward to talk to them without attacking.

Don't know if you're there yet but on Chapter 11 the BK comes out of that house in the center once you engage the boss so avoid it at all costs or you'll likely lose some units. Plus you can just send Lethe/Mordacai by where Zihark is and he'll come forward to talk to them without attacking.

No, I still haven't gotten that far yet. I am on 7, but I should be farther, just that I had some stuff to do this week. Super Bowl week is always busy busy busy for me. Anyway, yep, I will surely stay the hell away from the BK, and I am not talking Burger King. lol Recruiting Zihark was easy the last time I did that. Mordecai did that for me, and he shall do it again.

I actually didn't. I had Lethe wait outside his range then talked to him on turn 2. He had a killing edge and I was worried.

I also didn't know Ilyana doesn't attack you either.