Falchion?

Giratina

I'm not sure exactly if that's what Max is carrying around with him, but I'm sure it's some type of exclusive important sword. Anyways, so in the trailer when Max attacks the monster, it seems to do a lot of damage. While the sword may just be more powerful, I think instead of dragons this games Falchion type weapon might be effective at golems or monsters of the sort. It makes sense then that he basically 1HKO's the monster, while you'd think he wouldn't do as much damage. What do you guys think? Or are there other interesting weapons that anyone noticed?

I noticed that as well and if you look at the end when he faces off against his Eastern counterpart the sword does seem quite ornate and unique so I think its safe to assume that it will be some sort of sacred relic/ holy weapon. Then again it could just be a weapon unique to him like Walhart's Wolf Berg or Sol Berg.

I thought he was just the western Jeigen.

The sword is pretty ornate though, suggesting it's important/powerful Decorative weaponry doesn't exist in Fire Emblem. Lindsy (or at least I think it was her) mentioned in another thread that it looks like Exaccus from FE6.

In the trailer, when Max and the other guy fought, I actually thought they both had pretty ornate weapons. The samurai doesn't have a very ornate blade sure, but if you look at his handguard it is a mass of spikes. The way I figure this game will work is that both sides will have a jeigan with a falchion type weapon.

I don't think Marx is a Jeigen. He looks too important.

I agree with the OP in that it's just a special weapon that does super-effective damage to monsters.

I noticed that as well and if you look at the end when he faces off against his Eastern counterpart the sword does seem quite ornate and unique so I think its safe to assume that it will be some sort of sacred relic/ holy weapon. Then again it could just be a weapon unique to him like Walhart's Wolf Berg or Sol Berg.

I think it'll be more of a sacred relic, since he does seem to be a prince of sorts. Either way the weapon is probably somewhat important, especially for him.

In the trailer, when Max and the other guy fought, I actually thought they both had pretty ornate weapons. The samurai doesn't have a very ornate blade sure, but if you look at his handguard it is a mass of spikes. The way I figure this game will work is that both sides will have a jeigan with a falchion type weapon.

I didn't really notice that before, but it makes sense. They both seem to be important characters so it's likely that they get their own exclusive weapons.

Why are people assuming that they are Jeigans? with ornate weapons and strong hints to being royalty I expect them to be very important characters the only hint of max being earlier on is the scene of him vs the monster and we don't even know if he is playable at that point (the fight vs the monster could also be a mock battle)

I honestly expect to not see either playable till near the end of the game...

Well, jagen or not they still seem important. Which makes me realize that it seems like all the important figures have a fancy sword. Max has his black broadsword thing, spikey has the spike-katana, and Kamui has Yato. I kind of hope this is just a feature of royal houses in this setting. That would be a neat little game of thrones type detail.

I could see the royal house type deal though some of these lords might be related it really depends on how many factions we have. From the trailer I am expecting at least 3 but if there are more then your idea might have merit. At just 3 that would heavily limit unique weapons (I see them as a way to differentiate main characters/prominent characters/bosses

Well if it is like Game of Thrones then it should be all of the royals and high nobles with special weapons. With three factions and at least two "royal" families(not a lot is known about samurai guy, but he doesn't look related to Max) that could potentially be a lot of unique weapons.