Starlight36's Sprite Thread

Topaz Light

[IMPORTANT: None of my sprites are available for public use unless otherwise specified!]

So I decided to make another sprite topic since my old one is long dead and I kind of want it to stay in the dark netherworld of forgotten topics where it belongs.

Anyway, I'd love to do battle sprites sometime, but all I have at the moment are portraits, so...

Firstly, my entry in the recent splicing competition! The theme was "ornate clothing", and the sprites provided were Darin, Niime, Nergal, and Lundgren.

post-5296-0-82782400-1421798155.png

Next, some FE4 guy I made. He's a Dark Mage.

post-5296-0-50543500-1422565506.png

And this is an FEGBA-style sprite of one of my MUs, this one being from FE13. His name is Turks, although here he doesn't look that much like he does in-game. I realize the robe is off-center but I guess I just said "screw it" and decided that it doesn't have sleeves or anything and it's basically just like a big sheet-type deal that's draped over his shoulders.

post-5296-0-80812500-1422565532.png

Next, another FEGBA-style MU. This one's Polka, who's originally from FE12. Not a lot of say about her, honestly. Featured here with two different shoulderpads, and without a shoulderpad entirely. There's also an extremely simple and mediocre spliced battle sprite that doesn't have a complete sheet to go with it yet because I got lazy.

post-5296-0-37195400-1422565563.png

And then there's this person. She's a character I've had in mind for a while, but I don't know what her name is. She's a main character, but she's actually the leader of a band of rogues. I think she uses lances, although that's not really relevant to her portrait.
Her nose is really weird-looking and bad because I tried to full-custom it. I'll probably splice another nose in its place at some point, or just touch it up manually.

post-5296-0-51974900-1422565546.png

I realize some of these are pretty mediocre, so I'd be pleased to hear what you all think could be done to improve them!

post-5296-0-50543500-1422565506.png

post-5296-0-80812500-1422565532.png

post-5296-0-51974900-1422565546_thumb.png

post-5296-0-37195400-1422565563_thumb.png

Edited by Starlight36

Hmm... on that last one, the mouth and eyes... look a bit strange. I would take a peek at the shading done on similar mouths in the base mugs and go from there.

The Splice entry and the first MU from awakening look kinda cool. Second MU's design and sprite are ok, but kinda bland. FE4 mug, looks ok? Don't know much about the style. :\

Anyways, like I said... I like the last sprites design... but yeah, something is off with the face and neck a bit. The body and hair are interesting and appealing though! :D

Keep it up, would love to see more!

Hmm... on that last one, the mouth and eyes... look a bit strange. I would take a peek at the shading done on similar mouths in the base mugs and go from there.

The Splice entry and the first MU from awakening look kinda cool. Second MU's design and sprite are ok, but kinda bland. FE4 mug, looks ok? Don't know much about the style. :\

Anyways, like I said... I like the last sprites design... but yeah, something is off with the face and neck a bit. The body and hair are interesting and appealing though! :D

Keep it up, would love to see more!

Yeah, Polka's design is a little bit plain as it is now. I'll probably wanna fancy her up a bit when I get around to it.

Thanks! I'm looking at it and I'm noticing a lot of flaws with the last girl that I'll get around to fixing at some point. Most notably that her chest anatomy on the "royal robe" one is really not good and probably her neck could do with some fixing too.

As for the eyes, I think the reason is that for one set of eyes (the "facing the camera" set), I used Rebecca's, and then applied a palette that's way too bright and makes them look overly-sparkly.