Having to unlock HHM is a little tedious

Junkhead

I bought the FE7 cartridge a few months ago, back in July. Have been wanting the games, seeing as how many years of fun they've provided me, even if through simple emulation. Anyway, it didn't come with HHM unlocked, and I had to start all the way back from LNM. It's not exactly boring, but it's definitely very unchallenging. Everyone is just lolstomping, and it doesn't help most of my team has been getting good level-ups. By sole virtue of being an FE game, it just can't be outright boring, I suppose. (:

I have played FE7 once yet and I wanted to replay this game on LHM or one of the other two modes.

Then I noticed I accidently deleted my first completed savefile somehow.

Now I have to start this game to all over again :(

I don't feel like to replay this game, because the tutorial and the low difficulty in Lyn's story are so tiring.

Edited by The Taninator

I recently bought the eshop fire emblem and just gave up with it because the eliwood normal mode is ridiculously easy. I just stick to my emulator for hard modes cuz screw unlocking it all again.

I finally started playing this game after I bought the eshop version, and while Lyn mode is very dumb I look at it as a bonus for Dorcus so that when you get him in EM he will be ripping through enemies like butter. I am used to having to unlock hard mode but I do find it annoying and I wish did not have to unlock Hector's mode, but since this was the first FE in the west them made it so you have to play the tutorial and can't skip it sadly.

The tedium of LNM is overstated; plenty of classic games have lengthy opening / tutorial segments, LNM only has to be done once, and an experienced player can breeze through it in a quarter hour.

Unlocking HHM on a fresh file can be a pain though. If you value time over money, consider buying a Gameshark or AR unit.

Edited by feplus

Three (I think) playthroughs for HHM is a bit tedious, but I think the practice, if you're not the best at FE7, helps. It also lets you experiment with different party formations, so you can try out units you wouldn't otherwise have used. However, the subject here is getting to HHM. No shame in inputting a code to unlock all modes.

Three (I think) playthroughs for HHM is a bit tedious, but I think the practice, if you're not the best at FE7, helps. It also lets you experiment with different party formations, so you can try out units you wouldn't otherwise have used. However, the subject here is getting to HHM. No shame in inputting a code to unlock all modes.

Two, actually. An ENM run and then an HNM run.

Use it as speedrun practice or S rank it.

This is really good, but I don't understand what's much of the deal with the Funds rank and using statboosters. Are you actually penalized for using them?

I am currently on Ch.18/19 (the one where Kishuna first appears), was doing really great, Florina pretty much killing everything on the other side...then a Sniper hits her. I forgot that he leaves after the first turn you attack him...

Edited by The Alice

This is really good, but I don't understand what's much of the deal with the Funds rank and using statboosters. Are you actually penalized for using them?

I am currently on Ch.18/19 (the one where Kishuna first appears), was doing really great, Florina pretty much killing everything on the other side...then a Sniper hits her. I forgot that he leaves after the first turn you attack him...

Not penalized but you are limited on using them. It's the same deal with the promotion items and usage of the expensive weapons (like the endgame weapons). It's pretty much why prepromotes have an additional benefit of saving you a promotion item in ranked runs.

If I still had to unlock HHM, I guess I would use it to do ranked runs, speedrun practice, or taking more detailed notes. It was a long time ago on my original cartridge.

Think of funds like this: You, as the army's tactician, are trying to build up a war chest. Stat-boosting items are worth a lot of gold; your war chest would get markedly smaller if used.

Five-starring the funds rank means getting a large enough war chest by the end of the game. Using valuable items makes getting a large enough war chest more difficult.

Edited by feplus