Help with Male Mu physical

Bonch

So, I'm doing a min/max playthrough and am wondering what I should have my class end with. I have +spd -lck, the usual. And, am thinking either I should go split or physical, but most of the split classes have average or lackluster speed. What should I do?

Spd is completely irrelevant on male hard supports (what your Avatar will be if you're minmaxing) due to never being up front, so being in a class with low Spd won't matter.

That said, Avatar-M's best physical option by far is to be a Berserker with LB/Agg/AF/All+2/Hit+20 and marry Sumia!Lucina@Sniper (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DS+).

I'm doing a +STR -SKL avatar on my most recent post game file, and I'm liking it as far as physical units go

But like, I choose that asset and flaw because I wanted the avatar to be based on myself, and apparently skill is kind of important on the late game, so you might prefer going with another flaw, or even skill as the asset.

I also think Berserker is a great class for physical avatars

Edited by Nobody

Spd is completely irrelevant on male hard supports (what your Avatar will be if you're minmaxing) due to never being up front, so being in a class with low Spd won't matter.

That said, Avatar-M's best physical option by far is to be a Berserker with LB/Agg/AF/All+2/Hit+20 and marry Sumia!Lucina@Sniper (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DS+).

Well, I'm paired with Lucina. and have Sumia!Lucina, but maybe I slightly exagerated when saying full min/max. I want solid pairings, but no beserker. I don't fully know why, but it bugs me. I don't really like the idea of Me being hard support, but I already always pair with Lucina.

Also, why is Lucina a sniper?

marry Sumia!Lucina@Sniper (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DS+).

I don't see why you would use DS+ in particular. It won't make that much of a difference since the S support rank means that the chance of Dual Strike is 90% or more at that point. Well...at least you get a guaranteed dual strike so it's not a waste.

Edited by Rxmonste

I don't see why you would use DS+ in particular. It won't make that much of a difference since the S support rank means that the chance of Dual Strike is 90% or more at that point. Well...at least you get a guaranteed dual strike so it's not a waste.

100% DS is actually pretty damn good. In Apotheosis, you will be having many battles, and sometimes the dual strike not activating can screw you.

Well, I'm paired with Lucina. and have Sumia!Lucina, but maybe I slightly exagerated when saying full min/max. I want solid pairings, but no beserker. I don't fully know why, but it bugs me. I don't really like the idea of Me being hard support, but I already always pair with Lucina.

Also, why is Lucina a sniper?

It probably bugs you because Berserkers are incredibly hideous in this game. If you don't want to turn battle animations off, you can go as a Warrior or General instead but will loose an important double in Apo.

Lucina is a Sniper so she can use Longbows and have a 100% chance of getting in four DS hits from Avatar, which can fell just about anything in the game.

Surely ye jest.

Let's say two units have a 50% DS rate. That means you'll only get a miss one in two times on average.

Now say you bump that up to 60% with DS+. You're now getting a miss one in 2.5 times on average. You just got a real performance increase of 25%. That's pretty good, right?

Now say you've got 60% normally and then put DS+ on. At 70%, you're seeing a miss one in 3.33 tries. That's a 33.33% real performance increase, which is 8.33% more than the increase gotten from going from 50% to 60%.

Let's go up to 70% and put on DS+ to reach 80%. Now it's a miss every 1 in 5 tries- a 50% real performance increase, which is 16.66% more than the increase going from 60% to 70%.

Again! 80% to 90%, misses every 1 in 10 tries! That's a 100% real performance increase- you've just halved your odds of failure. 50% more than the increase from 70% to 80%- the increase in your odds has more than doubled, and is increasing faster each time. See where this is going?

90% to 100% next, which... never misses. Infinity% real performance increase. Infinitely greater performance increase than 80% to 90%. Before, it was just more than double, now it's infinity. Combine that with 100% hitrates, and you will never fail to get that KO. Never. bar player error, of course, but that's not the RNG's fault.

Never underestimate the infinite increase in reliability between something that can fail and something that can't.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Surely ye jest.

Let's say two units have a 50% DS rate. That means you'll only get a miss one in two times on average.

Now say you bump that up to 60% with DS+. You're now getting a miss one in 2.5 times on average. You just got a real performance increase of 25%. That's pretty good, right?

Now say you've got 60% normally and then put DS+ on. At 70%, you're seeing a miss one in 3.33 tries. That's a 33.33% real performance increase, which is 8.33% more than the increase gotten from going from 50% to 60%.

Let's go up to 70% and put on DS+ to reach 80%. Now it's a miss every 1 in 5 tries- a 50% real performance increase, which is 16.66% more than the increase going from 60% to 70%.

Again! 80% to 90%, misses every 1 in 10 tries! That's a 100% real performance increase- you've just halved your odds of failure. 50% more than the increase from 70% to 80%- the increase in your odds has more than doubled, and is increasing faster each time. See where this is going?

90% to 100% next, which... never misses. Infinity% real performance increase. Infinitely greater performance increase than 80% to 90%. Before, it was just more than double, now it's infinity. Combine that with 100% hitrates, and you will never fail to get that KO. Never. bar player error, of course, but that's not the RNG's fault.

Never underestimate the infinite increase in reliability between something that can fail and something that can't.

Your analysis reminded me of when the first time I played the Apotheosis map I had DS+ on Chrom despite pairing him up with his wife on that map. And then on the secret route, I took out DS+ for Luna? I don't remember, I took it out for something else, basically. That's when I noticed that there were a few times here and there where DS didn't happen. So having it on actually made all the difference in the world. Edited by Rxmonste