FE2: Ryuto magic menu

lonelyVoxel

Has anyone else had trouble with Ryuto's magic menu in Starwolfs's translation patch for Gaiden? For some reason in the Dozer level, the game trips out when you select "Black" from his action menu. The cursor becomes totally weird and random after exiting the menu. Something I noticed is that the whole screen got quite a few shades lighter before one of the enemies summoned Zombies.

Isn't the Artemis251 patch the best one available?

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1445/

I don't believe I ever had any trouble with that one.

I don't know what's the best. I found a huge archive of FE hacks, which included a lot of translations, so I just used the one which, as of 2011 or 2012, was the best.

I've never experienced the issue.

(...Lemme double check what translation patch I've been using)

EDIT: Yeah, I don't use that patch haha

Hmm. I'm tired now so I'll try a different sequence of events in the morning. It may have something to do with me being impatient and speeding my emulator up through the enemy phase and the summoning of the Zombies.

As far as I know, Starwolf_UK did an addendum patch to j2e's or another's original patch for FE2, fixing a few problems and bugs. Artemis251 is a more recent translation that, last I understood, was the most stable choice. I forget if he started from the j2e patch or if on his own.

It might be too late for that now, but I'll try saving a state from my current game and loading it on a copy with Artemis's patch. If there is a Starwolf --> Artemis patch, however, I'm using it.

"To make things easier for those who already have earlier unfinished versions of the game, I included two other patches besides the pure Japanese ROM patch. Those two patches may be applied to j2e’s and StarWolf’s versions of the game to prevent the need of downloading a fresh Japanese ROM."

It's included in the link I posted, but it probably would have been possible to patch a Japanese ROM with it anyway and copy over the save file anyway.

Edited by Tryhard

I feel like I read the quote in a Notepad file in the archive I found the Starwolf patch... I'll look in that folder again. I'm behind a web filter, so it's not possible for me to get to the link you posted.

EDIT: I may have been using the Artemis patch all along, it seems. It's possible that patching over the j2e patch may have made Ryuto bug out, but patching Artemis onto a clean Jap ROM did the trick. Problem solved, requesting lock. Thank you all for the help!

Edited by Forceman