Difficulty.

Light Master

111 members have voted

1. 1. What level of difficulty you like the new game have ????

• Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
    • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon/New Mystery.
    • Fire Emblem: Blazing Sworld (Japan)/Sworld of Seals
    • Fire Emblem (GBA)
    • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    • Fire Emblem: Awakening.
    • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

Sure thing! Like I said I don't think the levels themselves are very beneficial, it's more about the gold and supports. I found myself constantly gold starved playing L+ even with Vaike, and granted that probably was partly due to my OCD need to kill all the reinforcements as well as an overuse of healing staves just to get Exp when I probably could have saved them. The fact that I could have gone and fixed all my gold issues whenever I felt I had to make a choice about weapon use would have, at least for me, really detracted from the experience.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's honestly probably quicker just to get a +def MU +Fred to tank a spotpass team on on a fort until all the enemies weapons break then mop up afterwards I suppose, if you just set to skip enemy phases and all. Easier to get Despoils that way too. Lissa would get much less EXP but you gain more money at a faster rate.

Edited by Irysa

It's honestly probably quicker just to get a +def MU +Fred to tank a spotpass team on on a fort until all the enemies weapons break then mop up afterwards I suppose, if you just set to skip enemy phases and all. Easier to get Despoils that way too. Lissa would get much less EXP but you gain more money at a faster rate.

Maybe, the issue with this particular team is that the dark mages can 2 shot Fred (Granted they have like 50% hit but that will line up eventually). This could work with one of those obnoxious sword teams I skipped though.

It would definitely be easier, which is a big benefit for grinding since it's easy to get bored and screw something up. Not sure about quicker. Interesting idea, I might try it!

Edited by T-Bone

Try Florina's team instead of Wolt. I think like C support + Def Avatar x Fred with Water Glitch can tink every enemy on a fort.

EDIT:

I'd forgotten about this video.

SoC beat us all to it.

Edited by Irysa

You may be a moderator, eclipse, but understand I am not obligated to alter my debate style to satisfy your preferences. You have been rude throughout our exchange and I have been exceedingly patient and cordial despite your feigned incredulity and insults.

If T-Bone's offer to collect data stands, I will happily hand this off to him. No reason to involve myself in senseless drama.

If you think that "being rude" is out of line, you're free to cite where I erred according to the Code of Conduct. However, everything I've said is backed up by what you've posted - namely, the lack of hard stats and numbers, which is something I do NOT care for, especially if you wish to make such a grandiose claim.

In other words, I expect to see proof if you're going to make comments about the gameplay itself, and when I don't see it, I'm inclined to think that whoever I'm talking to is lying (as a best-case scenario). . .and that is one of the things I get on people's cases for, whether it be on SF or off of it. The difference is, I don't get the benefit of nonverbal cues, nor can I ask questions in real-time - otherwise, this would've been over in about fifteen minutes.

Lastly, you're also part of the "drama" in the Casual thread. This might be something that you can change, as opposed to expecting others to change (the former is under your control, the latter is not).

---

Hey, thanks (and a quick reminder that the Edit button exists, along with spoiler tags). It looks like reclassing people to staffbot would be the best way to grind, assuming they have that option (that's Sumia/Kellam/Miriel/Cherche for straight-up reclassing, and I feel like I'm forgetting a couple of someones). In terms of farming for money, this sounds intriguing, albeit very tedious. My personal favorite map to skirmish is Chapter 17 - you start in a tiny room that's essentially a chokepoint in and of itself. Chapter 2 is also workable, if you get a good formation (the one where you're on one side of the bridge and the enemy is on the other).

I don't really count stuff like Barracks/event tiles, because they're THAT random. If you're lucky, you'll pick up a bunch of relevant weapons, and experience. If you're not. . .well hello there A-support pairing getting more support points. I think it would be hilarious to remove the sparkly points for Lunatic(+) skirmish maps. :P:

So I think the answer to this question is "the net gain that can be reaped from attempting to grind on SpotPass units is exceedingly low, as gaining a single level takes roughly an hour; thus, it doesn't trivialize the game." For comparison, Czar_Yoshi said something about grinding on Lost Bloodlines 3 once you have a character that can solo it (with Chrom in back) - it takes ten minutes, tops, to go from level 1 promoted to level 15 (source: Hard mode, but I don't think Lunatic takes that much longer, once stuff like Limit Break comes into play). That is something that I feel can trivialize the game. So does EXPonential Growth, for the first couple of reclasses/promotions.

Anyway, SoC's video pretty much sums up why suggesting Spotpass grinding on Lunatic(+) means that Lunatic(+) isn't hard enough is a misguided statement. I think I like this comment from the video best:

God damn it, Rey. I swear you're in an abusive relationship with this game.

Edited by eclipse

I did not say you violated any code of conduct. I said you were being rude (true) and that I was under no obligation to alter my debate style to fit your preferences (true).

There is no drama in the Casual Mode thread. Debate is not drama.

Judging by how you hand-waived T-Bone's rather thorough analysis, I am exceptionally glad I decided to end our conversation prematurely.

So I think the answer to this question is "the net gain that can be reaped from attempting to grind on SpotPass units is exceedingly low, as gaining a single level takes roughly an hour; thus, it doesn't trivialize the game."

Yeah I guess that becomes a question of perspective. The levels don't bother me (to much) but the ability to get as much gold as you want between maps and to max your supports with no risk trivializes the game to me. (Not sure if you missed the point that you could use Vaike instead of Chrom as the video demonstrates and just get 10 chances at a bullion per level which would be much faster gold than event tiles.) As I said though, perspective.