Ban the User Above You

Splodge

Banned because it's kinda overplayed, though. Just like a lot of Shakespeare-It's been done to the death at this point because he setthe status quo.

• Replies 27.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• Sidereal Wraith

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Banned because I always saw it as a genre.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because it's both, really.

image.gif.69f4039c124457ce26ad4587b8ffdce5.gif

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Banned because it's both, kinda.
Least that's how I see it.

Banned because “shounen” translates to “young boy” the demographic these stories are made for. Shounen is far too broad to be considered a genre. For example death note is shounen as it ran in shounen jump a shounen magazine. If by “shounen” as a genre you mean Naruto, One piece, Bleach, etc. those are “battle shounen” which is a genre but even then that’s more of a western term for it. Again, shounen is a demographic not a genre. Hell assasination classroom is a shounen cause it runs in shounen jump.

Edited by Ottservia

Banned because shonen anime is a genre of anime marketed towards young males, typically featuring high-intensity fights or action/adventure types of scenes and stories.

You might enjoy some of it if you watched it, considering you're in said demographic.

Interestingly enough, Naruto reruns used to play all the time when I was a kid, but I never watched them myself. I dunno why.

Probably just never caught my interest.

Edited by twilitfalchion

banned because calling "shounen" a genre is the same as calling "animation" a genre. it's simply incorrect. It's only genre if you look at it from a western perspective. I don't think I need to explain the problems with that.

Edited by Ottservia

18 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You might enjoy some of it if you watched it, considering you're in said demographic.

Eh, that kind of stuff ain't really my style. I'm not into fight scenes and stuff like that. I mean, TH is by far the most iolent game I've ever played, soooo...

Banned because from the sounds of it, that isn't really the case-it's more like calling "Children's animation" a genre, which I think it is.

banned because even then calling children's animation a genre is way too broad. Children's animation can encompass anything from Gumball to Avatar the last airbender both of which are vastly different shows in their tone, aesthetic, and even genre one being a surrealistic comedy and the other being high fantasy action/adventure. The same is true of calling "shounen" or even "shoujo" a genre. It's way too broad. Like I said Death Note is shounen and that one can be classed as a psychological thriller. It's nothing like Naruto or Bleach. "Shoujo" encompasses things from Magical girl action/adventure to romantic slice of life. Hell you can even argue that early fire emblem takes a lot from shoujo anime/manga(okay well Josei would actually be more accurate but still).

Banned for posting a video I don’t dare to watch.

Also banned because whenever I see someone call an anime a shounen it’s in reference to a particular set of like tropes, themes, and styles/events but I know next to nothing about anime so...