• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sidereal Wraith

• Sooks

18 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ambush spawn threw a wrench in my plans.

Wait what?! Berwick doesn't have any ambush spawns! Do you mean the hide enemies? Yeah, be careful around forests, there are a lot of annoying enemies with hide in the earlygame.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because Berwick seriously had me going there.

Turned that around just as quickly as it was headed to a very dark place. Wow.

Ah yes, the Mirror side quest. (Axel is needed for this one, by the way.)

Banned because you are about to meet best boy Esteban!

...You're gonna hate him at first, though.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Wait what?! Berwick doesn't have any ambush spawns! Do you mean the hide enemies? Yeah, be careful around forests, there are a lot of annoying enemies with hide in the earlygame.

Banned because apparently it does. I lowered the bridge with Axel and suddenly a bunch of enemies appeared on both sides and attacked immediately. No deaths, but still surprising.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah yes, the Mirror side quest. (Axel is needed for this one, by the way.)

Banned because you are about to meet best boy Esteban!

...You're gonna hate him at first, though.

Okay. Recruited Axel, Faye, Dean, and Sylvis for this chapter.

Yeah, Esteban is worthless garbage right now. I guess he gets better then.

Yeah, Esteban is worthless garbage right now. I guess he gets better then.

He does.

Banned because apparently it does. I lowered the bridge with Axel and suddenly a bunch of enemies appeared on both sides and attacked immediately. No deaths, but still surprising.

Yeah, that's hide. That's what makes Czene really helpful, as she can see through hide.

Banned because be careful around forests. That's terrain where units, friendly and unfriendly alike, hide. (Such as Rodin.)

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Banned for a blessed Roy. Unlike mine, who had 7 STR at level 20.

Banned because I meant literally lucky, not counting hp, luck is his highest stat by 3 points. He has 6 strength at level 7, so I’m scared this is where he’ll end up...

Banned because true hit is the actual hit rate, because most fes (or at least some) have hit rates displayed incorrectly and the actual hit is truly a bit higher. No idea how you calculate it though. And no idea about 1RN or 2RN, though I would guess maybe it’s the game pulling 1 random number for an rng event or pulling 2. Maybe.

14 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Banned because true hit is the actual hit rate, because most fes (or at least some) have hit rates displayed incorrectly and the actual hit is truly a bit higher. No idea how you calculate it though. And no idea about 1RN or 2RN, though I would guess maybe it’s the game pulling 1 random number for an rng event or pulling 2. Maybe.

22 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because I really don’t understand what terms like 1RN, 2RN, and True Hit mean.

https://serenesforest.net/general/true-hit/

This article explains it well, but to put it in a poorly explained nutshell-

FEs 1-5 use 1rn-The number you see is the chance it has to occur. A number will be rolled from 0-99, and if the roll is lower than the displayed chance, it will hit. If there is a displayed 80 chance to hit, any number lower than 80 being rolled will result in a hit.

It is a 100% accurate representation of the chance for an attack to hit or miss.

FEs 6-12 (and maybe 10?) use 2rn, which means that two random numbers will be rolled for each hit rather than one. If the average of these two numbers is lower than the hit that is being displayed, it will hit. 2rn makes attacks woth 50+ hit more likely to hit and 49- less likely to hit, as to miss a displayed hitrate of 80 with the 2rn system, the 20% chance to get higher than 80 is rolled twice. Thusly, the displayed hitrate is not what the actual chance is.

Then the 3ds games, (and maybe Three Houses, can't remember) use some wackadoodle rn system. I know Fates' works sort of like 2rn with hitrates above 50% and uses 1rn for below 50%.

Banned because I hope that helps.

Edited by Benice

Banned because oh I didn’t know that... now I’m not sure why it was.

Clarine might be best girl material, I have to get more of her support to see if she is secretly nice/caring like I suspect.

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

have to get more of her support to see if she is secretly nice/caring like I suspect

Nope. But her supports are okay...

Banned because Clarine looks more like a troubadour to me.