• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• Sidereal Wraith

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because Benice speaks truth.

Banned because hold on, I did one big suggestion for you short story.

Banned because the main theme of the game is Jin Sakai's (the protagonist) conflict between staying true to the principles of honor as found in the traditional samurai code and having to take new, more drastic measures to combat the Mongol invasion. This continues throughout the game even to the final decision you as the player can make.

Continuing in spoilers for those who don't want to be spoiled, and for those who want to know if you don't plan on playing the game. If you do, then I'd really recommend you not spoil yourself.

Spoiler

The decision to embrace the methods of the Ghost persona (hiding in the shadows to kill enemies, using weapons like poison, fear tactics against the Mongols) drives a wedge between Jin and his uncle, Lord Shimura, who stubbornly clings to his code of honor as a samurai.

This conflict causes Jin (who eventually accepts the Ghost persona) to be branded a traitor despite his efforts to drive back the Mongols proving successful. After the main antagonist is killed, Shimura calls Jin (who he had previously planned to adopt as a his own son and successor) to meet with him. After an emotionally heavy conversation, Shimura reveals that he was asked to kill Jin for his actions per the request of the Shogun. The two engage in a duel, and the player (after Jin injures Shimura to where he can't fight anymore) is given the option to kill Shimura (a warrior's death, per Shimura's request) or spare his life (ignoring the code of honor and standing by what is right in not killing a family member, regardless of what happened between them). I chose the second option, since it seemed very fitting for Jin, given all he had been through, to ignore what "honor" dictates should happen and spare his uncle's life. It doesn't change the ending either way, really, since Jin is forced into hiding, but I like how in that moment, the player is essentially asked to make a choice based on their own convictions.

Banned because speakin' of samurai, I really want Ishin and Kenzan to get localized.

Also, do you intend to try out Sekiro?

Banned because I'm not sure if I'll try Sekiro or not. I like a challenge, but eh. FromSoft games seem like the kind of challenge that would drive me up a wall.

I am looking forward to playing Dynasty Warriors 8 though. Musou games are great, chill experiences.

Banned because there are so many things on Netflix I’m kind of interested in but nothing I’m interested in enough to watch.

Banning myself for having found a good show. The ending of the first episode gave me chills! Ah, but it’s a school night. Darn.