Story of FE:if Theory

Lance-a-lot

I'm hoping for a completely stand-alone game. Easter eggs are nice and all, but this whole thing of trying to connect all the worlds together just feels pretty pointless to me. It doesn't make any of them more interesting, and it sounds to me like an excuse for cheap fanservice. The trailer actually interested me quite alot because of the different cultural influences beyond the FE norm, and I hope they carry through with that rather than just relying on past games.

So FE:Awakening went back and tied up loose ends about the FE 1-5 story,

Wait, loose ends in FE4/5?

What loose ends? Seisen no Keifu was open-and-shut, and Thracia 776 was an in-depth look at the setting during a section of FE4's plot.

Hell, FE1/11 was designed to be open-and-shut, 3/12 was the reprise, and 2 open-and-shut the Valm saga. If anything, Awakening OPENED a loose end as to where the hell Grima came from; is he Medeus? Is he Doma fused with Medeus? He's this legendary ancient evil yet he isn't referenced at all in FE11/12/1/2/3.

The only "loose end" I can see in the series is the artificial one for Western FE fans not knowing what the hell was up with Zephiel at the end of FE7, not realizing that FE6 even exists.

By loose ends I mean they showed what happened to the continents after instead of just dropping the story off.

FE5 plays into the second half of FE4.

And FE4's ending and "afterward" can be described as many things, but "dropped off" is, in the most completeness of reality, not one of them.

By loose ends I mean they showed what happened to the continents after instead of just dropping the story off.

That's not a loose end. That's an ending, by this logic, any time the author writes up a story it's a loose end...

FE4 ended pretty soundly, there wasn't some villain giggling in the background after the ending. (Aside from maybe Saias having minor lopt and that causing issues in the far off future)

Edited by L95