About the Options...

TheCaptain

So I think it's safe to say that a popular feature of Awakening was it's options such as casual mode to please newcomers while not really upsetting veterans TOO much. Many people were asking whether or not these options will be in FE14. There are also a lot of people wondering if the world map will make a return. Well, what if the world map returns as an option? We could chose between linear mode or map mode (I'm sure someone can think of a better name for that) as well as casual or classic. Linear mode enemies would be slightly weaker to account for lack of grinding and there could be the return of a base to do anything that would usually be done on the world map (street pass, ext.) Would you like to see something like this as an option? Let's hear your thoughts.

So I think it's safe to say that a popular feature of Awakening was it's options such as casual mode to please newcomers while not really upsetting veterans TOO much. Many people were asking whether or not these options will be in FE14. There are also a lot of people wondering if the world map will make a return. Well, what if the world map returns as an option? We could chose between linear mode or map mode (I'm sure someone can think of a better name for that) as well as casual or classic. Linear mode enemies would be slightly weaker to account for lack of grinding and there could be the return of a base to do anything that would usually be done on the world map (street pass, ext.) Would you like to see something like this as an option? Let's hear your thoughts.

Oh boy....

As for your world map idea, rather than turning it on or off, I think it would be better if you could turn off random encounters.

As for your world map idea, rather than turning it on or off, I think it would be better if you could turn off random encounters.

As long as there isn't a switch for that, it should be Ok. If I were doing a run with that option, I'd probably turn it off before going "screw it" and flipping it back on once I hit a roadblock in the game.

I'm a little skeptical about this idea(mainly because I hate random encounters with a passion when done wrong) but I'm open to the possibility of it happening.

As long as there isn't a switch for that, it should be Ok. If I were doing a run with that option, I'd probably turn it off before going "screw it" and flipping it back on once I hit a roadblock in the game.

True dat. I'd be flipping that thing on and off the whole time.

Oh boy....

If they're done right, I don't think there'd be too much a problem. Maybe they could give you a repellant like in Pokémon... although... what would they call that? Garlic?

I'm a little skeptical about this idea(mainly because I hate random encounters with a passion when done wrong) but I'm open to the possibility of it happening.

True dat. I'd be flipping that thing on and off the whole time.

If they're done right, I don't think there'd be too much a problem. Maybe they could give you a repellant like in Pokémon... although... what would they call that? Garlic?

If the game is balanced properly, there won't be a need for grinding. I think being able to turn it off or on, would be like being able to change the difficulty setting without starting over your save file. It would just be weird.

I wouldn't see why one would have to ever turn it off midway through, when in Awakening you could just ignore the risen on the map. Turning them off at the beginning would just give a more linear story. The only other thing I could see happening if a world map is/isn't an option is that the gaiden chapters would probably have to be completed at certain times rather than whenever you want.

I wouldn't see why one would have to ever turn it off midway through, when in Awakening you could just ignore the risen on the map. Turning them off at the beginning would just give a more linear story. The only other thing I could see happening if a world map is/isn't an option is that the gaiden chapters would probably have to be completed at certain times rather than whenever you want.

If I recall correctly, if the Risen were on a place you wanted to shop, you had to defeat them first. It's just a nuisance to people who don't want to grind. They should just have a Tower of Valni equivalent for optional grinding.

If I recall correctly, if the Risen were on a place you wanted to shop, you had to defeat them first. It's just a nuisance to people who don't want to grind. They should just have a Tower of Valni equivalent for optional grinding.

Well there is the possible DLC to consider and I wouldn't be surprised to see a grinding map as one of them. I guess they could have some like Valni that has unique items or something like that but other then that I can't really see a use.