A few FE4 questions

GrySun

So, I'm at chapter 4, the nice snowy Silesia kingdom chapter and I am confused about a few things.

1. As Deirde got kidnapped last chapter, I worry about her.......items. So the question is, will I ever see my magic ring again?

2. Cuan, Ethlyn and Finn left me before the start of the chapter. They were quite rich, leveled and well equipped. Will I ever controll them again?

3. I've heard that there will be a time skip and children, but I don't know much more. When will that timeskip happen? Or rather, how long do I have left to make my desired pairings?

I also want to sell some items of unmarried people to the pawn shop, but I'm not sure how much time I have left to do so. And I've seen the pawn shop keep items I sold in previous chapters, but will he also have it all available after this time skip?

4. Last chapter, despite Levin and Fury standing next to each other and Sylvia being on the other side of the entire map, after a couple of turns Levin fell in love with her. Why? I've heard about a jealousy system, but come on Sylvia was at least more than 40 squares away from Levin, so I really don't know how that happened. This is the first time a pairing failed, as I successfully paired Finn and Aira, Aideen and Midir and Beowulf with Lachesis. This makes me a bit insecure about the pairings I've yet to do.

Thanks in advance for the helpful answers!

Anything Diadora has when she leaves goes with her, but as long as it's something that can show up in Gen 2, it will.

Fin comes back in Chapter 7 with everything he has, Leaf and Altenna inherit Ethlin and Cuan's things respectively.

The First Generation ends after Chapter 5. I recommend you pair everyone by about the end of Chapter 4. Try giving all your items to people who are parents, as they pass things down to their kids. Gen 2 wipes the store clean otherwise.

There's a passive love bonus and you may have had Levin/Sylvia at a higher point than Levin/Fury. It's not that much worse off so you should be fine. I recommend Noish Fury then, but you won't have many items for her son, though that shouldn't be a problem since he's good even without them. Pair Tiltyu with Azel if this is your first playthrough, or Lex if you want to try something different, though Tiltyu Lex is pretty hard for first timers to use properly. Fin Ayra isn't that great normally, I would recommend something like Holyn Ayra or Lex Ayra for your next playthrough but it should be okay otherwise. And I would say pair Briggid with either Dew or Holyn, depending if you want her daughter to be more utility like Dew or have better combat with Holyn. Her daughter is a thief but if Briggid is paired with Holyn, he can pass down things like the Brave Sword.

Anything Diadora has when she leaves goes with her, but as long as it's something that can show up in Gen 2, it will.

Fin comes back in Chapter 7 with everything he has, Leaf and Altenna inherit Ethlin and Cuan's things respectively.

The First Generation ends after Chapter 5. I recommend you pair everyone by about the end of Chapter 4. Try giving all your items to people who are parents, as they pass things down to their kids. Gen 2 wipes the store clean otherwise.

There's a passive love bonus and you may have had Levin/Sylvia at a higher point than Levin/Fury. It's not that much worse off so you should be fine. I recommend Noish Fury then, but you won't have many items for her son, though that shouldn't be a problem since he's good even without them. Pair Tiltyu with Azel if this is your first playthrough, or Lex if you want to try something different, though Tiltyu Lex is pretty hard for first timers to use properly. Fin Ayra isn't that great normally, I would recommend something like Holyn Ayra or Lex Ayra for your next playthrough but it should be okay otherwise. And I would say pair Briggid with either Dew or Holyn, depending if you want her daughter to be more utility like Dew or have better combat with Holyn. Her daughter is a thief but if Briggid is paired with Holyn, he can pass down things like the Brave Sword.

Thank you for the helpful answers. You really know your stuff when it comes to fe4 eh?

So I won't be seeing Finn for quite a while then, with Ethlyn and Cuan having parmanently gone? Well that sucks.

Won't there be any new characters from this point on? If so, then I should be able to pair them until the 4th chapter ends if I'm lucky. So when I start chapter 5 I should give away all good items to parents...okay.

A passive bonus? The first time I've heard of that. And yes, I did initially let Sylvia and Levin pair themselves for...20 turns? But by the time Fury showed up I reconsidered. She and Levin stayed together the entire 3rd chapter and Levin still kicked her, what a douche.

As a replacement I thought of father Cloude for Fury. Noish and Alec ended up....extremely unsatisfying with their growths so I never considere them for anyone. Tiltyu and Azel are what I'm going for, both being mages...and stuff. Azel was also impressive enough in his last few level ups so he earned it apparently.

I haven't considered Lex for anyone. He's level 19 now and more than 10 of his levelups were hp +1...not exactly the stat growth you want anyone to inherit, I'd say.

Eh, Finn and Aira should be fine. Finns stat growths are amazing and any class their children will be will definitely benefit from a high growth everywhere. And Aira's astra is so broken in FE4 that I really think it impossible to screw up her children. I'd have gone for Holyn for her, but he joined when the two were already married, so....yea.

Briggid is very strong, especially those base stats. Dew is still borderline level 10, with many hp+1 along the way, so I wouldn't pair those two up. My initial thought was Holyn. If her children(archers maybe?) can inherit Luna it would be quite sick.

It should be noted that Finn will lose all his equipement since you paired him.

Hm thats unfortunate, but Finn is such a god that an Iron lance should suffice for him as he easily surpassed Sigurd in terms of stats everywhere.

1. In this game, things rarely get lost for good. Almost all items, including common Iron Swords, will eventually show up somewhere in Gen2. If they are not inherited by any of the kids, they will either be dropped by enemies or simply show up in the shop at some point. There are very few exceptions to this rule. I think only the Knight Ring and the Pursuit Ring won't ever show up in the second generation.

4. As has been stated, characters also collect love points simply by being on the same map in addition to the 5 points they get by being next to each other. So if Sylvia would spend a turn next to Levin, they would get 7 love points. But if they are away from each other, they still collect 2 points per round. The height of this passive bonus is different for each couple but it's usually 2 or 3. Also note that characters can only collect love points for the first 50 turns of a map. Well, I'd guess at least point gains by conversations aren't affected by that rule.

Also, I think it might be helpful to know that Levin and Fury are the only couple that can marry instantly through an event regardless of their love points. This will happen if they talk to each other at a certain point in the middle of chapter 4. Otherwise there are no surprises like that, although most conversations still result in a love growth.

Edited by BrightBow

1. In this game, things rarely get lost for good. Almost all items, including common Iron Swords, will eventually show up somewhere in Gen2. If they are not inherited by any of the kids, they will either be dropped by enemies or simply show up in the shop at some point. There are very few exceptions to this rule. I think only the Knight Ring and the Pursuit Ring won't ever show up in the second generation.

4. As has been stated, characters also collect love points simply by being on the same map in addition to the 5 points they get by being next to each other. So if Sylvia would spend a turn next to Levin, they would get 7 love points. But if they are away from each other, they still collect 2 points per round. The height of this passive bonus is different for each couple but it's usually 2 or 3.

Also, it might be helpful to know that Levin and Fury are the only couple that can marry instantly through an event regardless of their love points. This will happen if they talk to each other at a certain point in the middle of chapter 4.

Seeing how important items are, it really is nice that IS considered this so much. If it can be dropped/bought later then it's quite fine.

And yea, I wish I knew all that before. Instead of trying hard to pair Levin and Fury I could have used this event you mentioned. Oh well...

Thank you for the helpful answers. You really know your stuff when it comes to fe4 eh?

So I won't be seeing Finn for quite a while then, with Ethlyn and Cuan having parmanently gone? Well that sucks.

Won't there be any new characters from this point on? If so, then I should be able to pair them until the 4th chapter ends if I'm lucky. So when I start chapter 5 I should give away all good items to parents...okay.

A passive bonus? The first time I've heard of that. And yes, I did initially let Sylvia and Levin pair themselves for...20 turns? But by the time Fury showed up I reconsidered. She and Levin stayed together the entire 3rd chapter and Levin still kicked her, what a douche.

As a replacement I thought of father Cloude for Fury. Noish and Alec ended up....extremely unsatisfying with their growths so I never considere them for anyone. Tiltyu and Azel are what I'm going for, both being mages...and stuff. Azel was also impressive enough in his last few level ups so he earned it apparently.

I haven't considered Lex for anyone. He's level 19 now and more than 10 of his levelups were hp +1...not exactly the stat growth you want anyone to inherit, I'd say.

Eh, Finn and Aira should be fine. Finns stat growths are amazing and any class their children will be will definitely benefit from a high growth everywhere. And Aira's astra is so broken in FE4 that I really think it impossible to screw up her children. I'd have gone for Holyn for her, but he joined when the two were already married, so....yea.

Briggid is very strong, especially those base stats. Dew is still borderline level 10, with many hp+1 along the way, so I wouldn't pair those two up. My initial thought was Holyn. If her children(archers maybe?) can inherit Luna it would be quite sick.

Hm thats unfortunate, but Finn is such a god that an Iron lance should suffice for him as he easily surpassed Sigurd in terms of stats everywhere.

You stop getting characters after Chapter 3 for Gen 1, and Chapter 9 for Gen 2.

I should have said a passive love growth. You gain so many points per turn, but you get a bonus if they are next too each other in order to grow quickly. Also most of the time you can ignore stats for parents and focus more on skills and inheritance. Claude is fine for Fury, it's down to Claude/Noish depending on if you want her Pegasus daughter or her Sage son to have more focus. I personally like Dew Ayra but that's just me. Briggid's daughter inherits Luna but not her son.

Briggid's daughter inherits Luna but not her son.

If I might add, the reason for this is that Luna is a skill exclusive to swords and Briggid's son is an archer. Same thing for Sol and Astra, although since Ayra is the only one with the skill, it's guaranteed it will end up with kids who can actually use it.

Edit;

Although I am still a great fan of BriggidxHolyn since Bows aren't the most accurate weapons in this game, so Faval greatly benefits from Holyn's Odo blood. And the Ishival deals even more damage then any of the other physical holy weapons, so it's not like he actually needs Luna as long as his arrows can hit.

Edited by BrightBow

If I might add, the reason for this is that Luna is a skill exclusive to swords and Briggid's son is an archer. Same thing for Sol and Astra, although since Ayra is the only one with the skill, it's guaranteed it will end up with kids who can actually use it.

Edit;

Although I am still a great fan of BriggidxHolyn since Bows aren't the most accurate weapons in this game, so Faval greatly benefits from Holyn's Odo blood. And the Ishival deals even more damage then any of the other physical holy weapons, so it's not like he actually needs Luna as long as his arrows can hit.

It's not exclusive to swords, it's exclusive to non-mounted sword classes. It's why pairing Holyn or Dew with Lachesis won't give her children Sol/Luna even though they can use swords. I think Leen can learn Sol/Luna as a matter of fact too.

The Odo blood boosting Patty's sword rank also greatly helps train her since she's kind of a chore to train but she can her the Hero Sword before promo with it, when she usually can't.

Edited by Psych

Edit;

I love me some Briggid/Holyn. What a beautiful blonde family they make together. Oh and dat HP growth on Faval, lol. But Gae Bolg also provides +10 Str along with Altenna's innate critical and Mysteltainn also gives critical so Yewfelle's damage isn't the highest among the physical holy weapons in practice.

If you had a high-leveled Finn he should have no problem at all with an iron lance when he first comes back. He'll probably struggle in the last couple of chapters since he doesn't have a holy weapon and his HP can't keep up with the Second Gen kids' but if he got blessed in STR he can stay useful for a while. (I always buy him a Horseslayer to pick off pesky enemy cavalry in Chapter 8 and later)

And Briggid/Holyn is an excellent pairing. Hero Sword Patty + Faval with decent SKL = Win.

Promoted Finn only really falls off towards the tail end of C9 because enemy AS is derp for a long time.

I kind of lol at the thought of Hero Sword Patty. If Seliph has his Silver, the 2 Hero swords can go to Leaf, Delmud, or Oifaye. Infantry pls go.

Odo Faval is the bee's knees though, even if he suffers from Sniper problems.

Levin Sylvia isn't BAD, because Holsety, it just has a lot of problems. Corple has the best growths out of the candidates. The problems: First, if you're playing blind, chances are you're going to miss out on Sylvia's son. Even then you're going to have one hell of a time training him up. Second: Corple has the worst skill set out of the three. Prayer isn't bad, but its kind of redundant since he dodges everything with Holsety. You're better off with wrath, which is more flexible, or good ol fashioned pursuit. Finally, Corple has low caps that set him behind Fury's son. Tiltyu's son ha the same problem, but at least has a mount to make up for it. Corple's five move isn't fun at all. Don't get me wrong, he's still good, but you're better off restarting and making sure Sylvia dies to ensure a better pairing. Revive her with Claud after Levin is all paired up.

Couple can't even use Holsety until post promo unlike Sety the god or King Arthur, lol.

Since Levin is in charge of promotions, I could imagine how hilarious that scene would be. "Congratulations Corple, you've promoted! Oh, and here's this book I forgot to give you earlier."

Levin Sylvia isn't BAD, because Holsety, it just has a lot of problems. Corple has the best growths out of the candidates. The problems: First, if you're playing blind, chances are you're going to miss out on Sylvia's son. Even then you're going to have one hell of a time training him up. Second: Corple has the worst skill set out of the three. Prayer isn't bad, but its kind of redundant since he dodges everything with Holsety. You're better off with wrath, which is more flexible, or good ol fashioned pursuit. Finally, Corple has low caps that set him behind Fury's son. Tiltyu's son ha the same problem, but at least has a mount to make up for it. Corple's five move isn't fun at all. Don't get me wrong, he's still good, but you're better off restarting and making sure Sylvia dies to ensure a better pairing. Revive her with Claud after Levin is all paired up.

Wow seriously, you can do that? You can let a waifu die and her husbando can instantly re-pair with someone else? And if you revive her later or even before you pair him up again he will show her the cold shoulder? Damn, this game can be so dark...But I'm already halfways chapter 4 and it's kinda late to redo things, so whatever. Still, disturbing game is disturbing...

For reference drerde does not pass down anything. The magic ring drops from a boss midway through chapter 7 if uninhereted, and if you you left the silence staff on her, it will show up in the chapter 8 shop. Aura can't be used by anyone else or passed down by anyone anyway (you can get it latter, but you can either get it or a better tome.)