Question about Great Shield

The first enemy unit that has a cut-in is a Luna+ Masked Marth in Chapter 4 or Validar with Vengeance on Chapter 6. That barbarian, Luna+ or not, did not proc a cut-in.

I assumed he just meant the crit flash thing when he said cut in, since those don't happen for mooks haha.

I assumed he just meant the crit flash thing when he said cut in, since those don't happen for mooks haha.

Yes, I did, but it doesn't change anything. I did write "cut-in" so he is right with his statement. As I said, I must have made a mistake somewhere.

Now I'm certain I made a mistake in my observation.

Well I can tell you what I did, it doesn't disprove what you say. But it explains how I came up with my idea:

• Battelsave -> Unit A will get a crit on enemy X on the next round.
  • Unit A attacks enemy X, and gets a critical hit.
  • Load battlesave -> Unit A attacks unit Y, gets a crit.
  • Load battlesave -> Unit A attacks unit Z, gets a crit.
  • Load battlesave -> Unit B attacks unit Y, result is irrelevant. Unit A attacks unit X or Z, gets a crit on either of them.

In A vs Y/Z's case, the crit RN was lower than your crit rate against either of them so they both got critted. In B vs Y's case, B was using a different amount of RNs for the battle, causing their crit RN to be drawn from a different place in the RN string (for example, a proc could have been equipped on one and not the other).

What I meant to say when mentioned that the result of B's attack on Y is irrelevant is that the RN is probably drawn before the beginning of the player phase, and not in between single engagements.

If one unit crits a certain enemy, it will crit that enemy regardless of whether a different fight takes place beforehand or not.

I will disagree with that. The game should have all RNs mapped on a table when you load the map (typical for generators). So for every round of combat, you go through a certain string of RNs (rolls 2 and average for a hit, if at passes rolls a 3rd for crit, if it doesn't there is no 3rd roll; then it checks for skills). I genuinely don't know if it checks for skills before it checks before crit, but everyone knows hit is checked before crit.

Unit B attacking Y can take up a long chain of RNs (2 for it's hit and 1 RN for no crit. 2 RNs for enemy hit and 1 RN for no crit plus 1 RN for possible skill activation).

By the time you get back to Unit A attacking another enemy, you've gone through possibly 7 different RNs. For your theory to work, the generator makes individual RNs for every possible scenario upon load (which doesn't seem quite right). It would have check every possible hit/crit/proc on every possible scenario (including all of its permutations).

Ah right, two random numbers because thats how true hit is calculated and then the crit roll.

Well I'm not claiming to understand the system, but instead just reporting a specific case which I witnessed.

Edited by Knusperkeks