FE4 LTC [Theory and Planning Stage]

Yojinbo

I have an account for nicovideo but I don't know where to find that run. I only got to see the final segment because Horace posted it somewhere recently but that's it. Though I'm thinking that it could be enough to clear the arenas of Ch.2, Ch.3 and Ch.4 with the Elite Ring to get him promoted. What's the furthest Dew can get in the Ch.1 Arena? I've never gotten past the lance knight, I assume that's as far as he can get?

back when I was going to actually finish an FE4 LTC, I actually recorded chapter 1, I could upload what I did if you wanted.

as for Lachesis/Dew, that's a tougher question. She starts with 10000g, and you can have her kill Elliot for the Silver Lance for 2500g more, but after that, I'm out of ideas after a money dump from Dew. Remember that it only actually costs Dew 20000G for the elite ring, so he could clear the arena in chapter 2 (he honestly doesn't have tooooo bad of a time asides from the two lance using enemies), then you could have him keep the skill ring or something before money dumping Lachesis so he'd essentially keep 10000g if he needs it for later.

You could also have Dew pick something up like the bargain ring. It wouldn't help him besides being able to be sold for 20000 gold, but that would give him instant access to elite whenever you need it. I'm guessing you're planning on giving it to Ethlin to pass down to Leif (rescue repairs are expensive, especially if you need to do them from chapter 8 onwards), but Ethlin should have no trouble affording it at the end of chapter 3 anyways. That way I'm thinking he could clear the chapter 2 arena with the elite ring at the end of the chapter, keep it until chapter 3, win the arena with it, sell it back to Lachesis (between winning the arena, selling the elite ring, and some thief sword use that should be easy), have him money dump Sylvia (who I believe Horace said needed the knight ring to cut a turn in chapter 3... though with a village and prayer abuse she might be able to clear both arenas), and then be able to sell bargain to buy the elite ring back once Lachesis is promoted. I doubt you'll need the bargain ring anywhere else in chapter 2, and that set up should let you reach all the benchmarks you need.

I think I'll have Lachesis pick up the Bargain Ring and a few other villages to get her 20K, return her home and have her buy the elite ring off of whoever killed Voltz, then clear the arena with her and spam some heal or return. Before the chapter ends I'll sell the Elite Ring, Dew buys it and clears the arena with the prayer sword. Lachesis gets another 20K at the beginning of Ch.3 by selling the Knight Ring and can afford the Elite Ring back after Dew clears the Arena again. Then Lachesis clears it and *should* be ready to promote, Dew dumps all the money he has onto Sylvia so she can buy the Knight Ring and then picks up 20K during Ch.3 so he can buy the Elite Ring at the beginning of Ch.4 again.

As far as inheritance goes, Celice will inherit the Elite Ring, Leg Ring, the Knight Ring, the Hero Sword and I dunno what else he actually needs. Leaf will inherit the Bargain Ring, probably the Pursuit Ring, the Armor Cutter + other swords, Leen will inherit all the expensive rings that nobody inherently needs so she can sell them and buy the Leg and Knight ring asap. All Lances will be brought back by Fin and every sword that's left will go to either Delmud or Nanna.

back when I was going to actually finish an FE4 LTC, I actually recorded chapter 1, I could upload what I did if you wanted.

Would really appreciate it!

Celice needs a magic sword too to kill the axe knights with hand axes. It's pretty tough to rig level ups in chapter 6 too, so a magic ring would help a lot. Preferably the Light sword so he can get a bunch of kills on it.

EDIT: I'm uploading the video now, but my internet is amazing so it'll be 45 minutes. Before I forget to mention it, Cuan needs 19 strength before entering the spirit forest. I also cut out all of Dew (and some other units at the end) finishing the arena. I managed to get him to clear up to the general at the end, which is nigh impossible considering he's gonna be doing 1 damage.

Edited by General Horace

The stat rings are pretty much wasted on everybody (except Celice and his magic and leg rings) so if you can give as many as possible to units that need the money (iike Leaf/Leen/Patty if you get her, I think you can do Azel/Briggid with Jealousy). The earlier you get the return rings the better too,

Another thing about doing certain pairings, if you're doing Beowulf Lachesis (which I agree with) it essentially takes her out of action for all of Chapter 4 and 5, along with Briggid, Tiltyu and whoever you're pairing with Briggid if you pair her (I think Claude is the only possible Tiltyu pairing but you don't want that) and Lex/Ayra are also likely out of action, so you'll have to rely a lot of other units like Midir, Dew, and Alec/Noish for chapter 4. Thankfully I think you'll still have access to Fury though.

Edited by General Horace

Nanna will inherit the return ring. I'll need her to return a bunch of people in Ch.7.

I don't think I'll pair up anybody except Lachesis, Sylvia and Aideen though. I don't think I'll actually need anybody in gen 2 except Celice, Leaf, Leen, Aless/Shanan to kill Alvis and a few auxiliary units like Oifaye, Fin, Beo!Delmud, Nanna and staffbots like Claude!Lana and maybe promoted Linda.

Edit: I'll think about pairing Briggid up with somebody for Patty though, just because she can inherit stuff unlike Daisy. Holyn would probably be her father in that case.

Edited by Yojinbo

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Holyn works.

Here's what I did for chapter 1, it should finish processing soon. Also i'd recommend muting the volume, I sped everything up 4x, and the ardan arena rn burns up 16x.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbtBZaUkAU&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: I guess I did leave Dew's arena in, I just cut out Ardan burning hundreds of RN's to beat osme dudes and get a good level.

Edited by General Horace

Using unarmed Cuan to recruit Aira is a really smart idea. I'll definitely copy that one because it looks like it's the only way to do it without losing turns.

I'm also pretty positive now that I can promote Dew by Ch.4 without too much trouble. He's at level 6 at the end of your video which happens to be Fury's base level. And having Fury promoted after clearing the Ch.4 arena is pretty standard so I guess I don't have to worry that much about him. As long as he has 20K to afford to Elite Ring and some leftover cash to buy and repair the Prayer Sword in Ch.2 it should be fine.

Whose going to keep the Hero Lance?

Depends on whether I pair up Fury or not. It's either gonna be Fury -> Fee or Finn is gonna keep it.

• 1 month later...

Just a little heads-up: I managed to clear Ch.2 in 22 turns. 21 is possible but ridiculously hard to pull off because Sigurd has to move maximum range on every turn between Mackily and Agusty castle. There's about 4 or 5 Armor Knights that block off the patch before Agusty castle with a lot of 1 tile chokepoints - they all have 50 HP, 13 Def and Javelins too so it's nearly impossible to have Sigurd move that far ahead on every turn because Sigurd needs like 26 Str to ORKO them with the Javelin and Cuan can't really ORKO them at all with the Javelin. There's also Zyne's squad of mounts that can cockblock your path so for the time being I consider 21 turns possible in theory but I'm not sure if it can be done in practice, even with hardcore rigging.

I'm pretty happy with the result though. 22 turns has the advantage that Lachesis gets a lot more exp and promoting her by next chapter should be cake, Dew can get one round further in the arena [he may be able to clear it with super hard rigging but idk yet, it probably isn't even necessary] and Fury can clear the arena + pick up some gold from Villages. I don't know if I'll gun for a 21 turn clear in my final run but if somebody wants to try it out I might be able to provide a save file. You basically have to go from Mackily to Agusty in 3 turns.

I wouldn't be talking about it if it weren't an issue.

Cuan is already way ahead - I have Ethlin return him a turn before Sigurd seizes Anphony and he even kills the boss on Mackily castle because he's that far ahead. Everybody else is way behind and has no chance to actually catch up with Sigurd and Cuan. Midir kills and distracts mooks over that cliff and that's pretty much it. There isn't anybody else who can even remotely keep up.

I wouldn't be talking about it if it weren't an issue.

Cuan is already way ahead - I have Ethlin return him a turn before Sigurd seizes Anphony and he even kills the boss on Mackily castle because he's that far ahead. Everybody else is way behind and has no chance to actually catch up with Sigurd and Cuan. Midir kills and distracts mooks over that cliff and that's pretty much it. There isn't anybody else who can even remotely keep up.

Midir can get in range of three of the five knights, and at least weaken them and make them move. Compared to other stuff in this chapter this seems like a total non issue. Sigurd should be able to just kill one blocking his way with the steel sword (or if he has capped strength steel lance ORKO's if for some reason the steel sword doesn't have 50 kills). Can you at least screen why it's giving you issues?

Yeah, I'll show you a screencap later.

I don't know how Midir is supposed to get there. Ethlin returns Cuan on turn 11 [though turn 10 might be possible, not sure if it actually helps though] but Midir needs to be at Anphony to weaken Macbeth. So on turn 12 Midir attacks Macbeth, Sigurd finishes him, seizes, Ethlin returns Sigurd then sells the Return Staff at the castle [Lachesis must have it asap to get enough Exp] and Returns herself with the return ring. The best I can do with Midir is have him move over to the cliff and kill the Bow Knights + distract the Armors. Maybe I can use like Javelin!Noish at the cliff and rig some criticals/charge procs to help Midir thin out Zyne's squad.

I'll probably take another look at the chapter after I'm done with the test run, I'm honestly just fed up trying to pull of Mackily to Agusty in three turns. The rest of the chapter is actually pretty easy, but optimizing the whole thing so everything falls into place by the 21st turn is gonna be tough.

There's also still the thing with Fury - I'm pretty sure that I need her promoted by Ch.4 for optimal turn count and there's no way for her to get enough exp in time if she doesn't get to clear the arena in this chapter. What I did was to have Levin walk up to her across the mountains to recruit her asap and get her to Deidre who'd Warp her up to Mackily castle. From there she'd clear the arena [breaking the Prayer Sword for Dew in the process], Sylvia dance to her and pick up 5K from a Village so she can afford the Elite Ring earlier. Levin can recruit her on turn 20 at the earliest but Deidre can't get next to Fury on turn 21 without Fury moving towards her and thus losing the only turn she has to do her arena thing.

Edit:

Mk4lVlv.png

This is the beginning of turn 20. Sigurd most get past the armor that stands 2 tiles south of the southern ballista and Cuan must end in a position where he can kill either the southern or the eastern ballista. Even if I can rig Midir to kill like 3 or the 4 Armors the whole mounted squad will just cockblock the patch because there's like 4x 2-tile chokepoints and a couple of 1-tile chokepoints later. If I don't ORKO the Armors one of the troubadors will heal them and get in the way too.

Note that Cuan could be a good bit ahead here but he doesn't ORKO can anybody, doesn't kill the armors even with a Continue proc and has an extremely high chance of getting killed because he faces a lot of ~90%+ hitrates. I'll probably take another look at the chapter once I'm done doing to rest of the game. Like, if it's physically possible for Sigurd to reach the castle on the 21st turn then I'm sure there's a way for me to figure it out. When I get back to the chapter with a fresh mind again I'm sure that with better positioning of Midir and rigging Javelin crits with Noish I might be able take out enough enemy units in time to make sure that there's enough space for Sigurd and Cuan to break through.

Edited by Yojinbo

Midir should be able to engage the armours before Sigurd and Cuan catch up. IIRC if you trigger one of them they all move? That should solve all your problems really. You could give Cuan the Hero Lance too, i'm sure he'd kill the mounted enemies with it. You shouldn't need Noish at all if you just lure the thwomps out with Midir earlier.

Midir can bait out the armors from turn 19 EP onwards. My positioning in the screencap with Midir wasn't ideal [for reasons that won't matter in the final run] but he couldn't go any further at that time but yes, Midir can bait out the entire armor squad. They'll still block off at least one important tile going into the next player phase.

The Troubadors are the biggest problem though. They'll attack neither Sigurd nor Cuan and just stand there right in front of them. For a 21 turn clear to be possible I need to have all the armors out of the way by turn 20 PP except maybe one of them so that Sigurd and Cuan only need to kill off one enemy unit each to get where they need to go. Cuan will likely still face a pretty precarious enemy phase on turn 20, which is why I think rigging Javelin crits with Noish to kill off axe users that can put Cuan in danger would be helpful. I think I'll be able to pull it off later when I get back at Chapter 2, the rest of it is actually kind of easy tbh.

Edited by Yojinbo

Midir can bait out the armours by turn 18, and kill three of them by the end of turn 19, leaving only two of them. Cuan and Sigurd should be able to kill one of them each (Cuan only needs 18 strength to kill them, Sigurd should have crit on his sword) and any chump from the rear should be able to kill any troubadour in the way.

Cuan shouldn't theorectically have much of a chance of death either. My Cuan before Mackily castle (where he's probably getting a couple kills was level 13 with 45 HP/16 defence, which is actually about average, and the enemies other than Zyne only have 19/24 attack. I guess yours could be screwed, but in a LTC playthrough it's not really an option.

Edited by General Horace