Request for Clarification: Do Hit/Avoid/Crit/Dodge Bonuses Apply to the Rear?

astrophys

I already know that the core stat bonuses (Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def/Res/Mov) from a pair-up already affects only the unit at the lead of a pair-up.

I also know that the Hit/Avoid/Crit/Dodge bonuses are (obviously) applied to at the very least the lead/front unit in the pair-up.

However, its not been exactly clear to me (seeing that the battle forecast only shows the predicted outcomes for the lead unit) if the rear/supporting member gets these Hit/Avoid/Crit/Dodge bonuses [not that Dodge matters to them, but the others would].

So, for examples:

+Mag/-Str Grandmaster supporting Cordelia from the rear, against Apotheosis Anna:

40 SKL (base) -1 SKL (mod) +2 SKL (tonic) + 10 SKL (Limit Breaker) + 10 SKL (Rallies) = 61 SKL

45 LCK (base) +0 SKL (mod) +2 LCK (tonic) + 10 LCK (Limit Breaker) + 14 LCK (Rallies) = 71 LCK

Hit from SKL (1.5 points of Hit per SKL): 61 x 1.5 = 91.5 Hit

Hit from LCK (0.5 points of Hit per LCK) 71 x 0.5 = 35.5 Hit

Total hit from stats: 127 Hit

Hit from Weapon (Celica's Gale): + 80 Hit (pre-forged)

Hit from 5 Hit Forges: +25 Hit [for a total of 105 Hit Celica's Gale]

Total hit from stats and weapon: 127 + 105 = 232

Anna's Avoid:

137 Base Avoid from 70 SPD and 65 LCK, giving 137.5 which rounds down

+ 20 Avoid from the Throne

= 157 base avoid

Nominal Hit Rate against Anna (before additional skills or possible hit bonuses from pair-up):

232 - 157 = 75 --> stated 75% hit rate [note, this is NOT the TRUE HIT, only nominal hit]

Now, if I recall correctly, an S-rank support grants +15 Hit, +10 Avoid, +10 Dodge, and +10 Crit…. at least to the front/lead unit.

If this applies to the rear unit as well (and I'm NOT SURE about this, hence why I ask):

232 Hit + 15 Hit - 157 Avoid = 90% stated hit rate

In which case something like Anathema would push me up to a 100% stated and actual hit rate:

232 Hit + 15 Hit - (157-10) Avoid = 100% stated hit rate

Or alternately Hit+20 would allow me to drop 2 + Hit forges and still get a 100% hit rate.

HOWEVER, if these bonuses DON'T apply to the rear:

Nominal Hit Rate against Anna (with the additional of Anathema, but no +15 hit from support bonuses):

232 - (157-10) = 85 --> stated 85% hit rate [note, this is NOT the TRUE HIT, only nominal hit]

Nominal Hit Rate against Anna (with the additional of Hit+20, but no +15 hit from support bonuses):

232 + 20 - 157 = 95 --> stated 95% hit rate [note, this is NOT the TRUE HIT, only nominal hit]

Nominal Hit Rate against Anna (with the additional of Hit+20 AND ANATHEMA, but no +15 hit from support bonuses):

232 + 20 - (157-10) = 105 ---> cannot exceed 100%--> guaranteed accurate [note, this is NOT the TRUE HIT, only nominal hit]

Although the problem with this build is that it wastes additional slots.

Granted, I don't have 100% Dual Strike anyways on that pair… I'm just kind of using Anna as a benchmark in these calculations to test my ability to hit difficult enemies in Apo for when I do get my dual strikes.

Now if went with a SAGE instead of a Grandmaster (43-1 = 42 SKL), I'd have 4.5 more hit, so the hit rate after just Anathema (and no +15 support bonus, assuming that it doesn't work that way) would be 89% (stated), whereas after just Hit +20 it would be 99% (stated) [which given True Hit will almost certainly hit even more so than the stated would indicate, but still has the chance of missing].

Of course, Cordelia cannot double Anna with a Sage support, whereas Grandmaster lets her do it if she runs Speed or All Stats +2.

I was just wondering how this would work out.

Thanks for reading this.

EDIT/ADDENDUM:

Actually, I forgot the +5 Hit from A rank tomes, didn't I?

So in that case I'd get 80% (stated, not TRUE) hit before non-Limit Breaker skills or any support +Hit bonuses (if existent) were applied. Which means Hit +20 would be sufficient to guarantee exactly 100% hit rates, right?

But nonetheless I'm still interested in whether the rear partner gets that extra +15 Hit.

Edited by astrophys

I've been asking myself the same question for a while now. I have no valid data for this besides experience. My believe is that the rear unit does not get the bonus.

Observational selection/confirmation bias have been my enemies this whole time, so carefully weight my words.

My only theory is that the rear unit doesn't gain it in pair up until it becomes the lead unit. Cause with pairup you are essentially combining 2 units into 1, so the rear unit technically doesn't exist, save for in battle where dual strike/guard activates.

If it did, it would give the same boost to rear crits as Solidarity. Solidarity's rear crit boost is really noticeable, but I don't notice anything from the A rank crit boost, so I'm inclined to say it doesn't.

If it did, it would give the same boost to rear crits as Solidarity. Solidarity's rear crit boost is really noticeable, but I don't notice anything from the A rank crit boost, so I'm inclined to say it doesn't.

Thanks.

I have to say that I love the Solidarity skill. Not the best skill by any means, but reducing enemy crit rates against you by 10 (particularly against Gamble) helps out a lot early on and even after crits become less of an issue I just like how its any easy way to get my pair-up partner lead shouting their crit quote a lot more frequently.