Thieves use Bows this time.

Saladus

^ A thief whose bow locked can only get attacked max 4 times with out being able to attack back. Thieves with swords might kill one of the enemy or even worse kill the one your trying to steal fromThey might get trapped of course but thats what your other units are for. But i don't think stealing is coming back all the same.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it that you haven't seen the bits where Robin Hood is sword-fighting against enemy guards, correct?

Anyway, this is one change that I'm not a big fan of. For me the word "thief" doesn't conjure up some guy holding another up at bow point (just like the word "pirate" doesn't conjure up an image of some beefy bloke wielding an axe).

Perhaps they get swords upon promotion? Personally, I just think bows make sense for a class that is meant to be stealthy and avoid combat. I could see Thieves getting skills like Trick Shot or something fun and new like that.

As for Stealing support, perhaps 1-2 range Crossbows will return.

^ A thief whose bow locked can only get attacked max 4 times with out being able to attack back. Thieves with swords might kill one of the enemy or even worse kill the one your trying to steal fromThey might get trapped of course but thats what your other units are for. But i don't think stealing is coming back all the same.

Yeah, but Fire Emblem has always encouraged players to keep their frailer and defenseless units behind, it would be going against what they said for 13 consecutive games. As for stealing, i'd really like it to come back, as well as the weight mechanic and related stuff.

I just thought of something. Without the steal function Thieves were just people with high move (in Awakening at least), the inability to be hampered by doors, and were squishy but hard to hit. Someone who's able to move around extremely well that relies on speed and isn't meant for combat sounds like a scout to me.

What if IS realized that their Thieves were effectively scouts and decided that instead of giving back steal, they'd just give them a scoutly weapon to fit their new role. The bow.

(Admittedly one of my more out there theories, but a theory nonetheless.)

Edited by Honey Bunny

Yeah, but Fire Emblem has always encouraged players to keep their frailer and defenseless units behind, it would be going against what they said for 13 consecutive games. As for stealing, i'd really like it to come back, as well as the weight mechanic and related stuff.

true but it still helps a lot that you cant acciendently kill the unit you want to steal. also i think IS understands the concept of dodge tank.

I really don't want weight/con to come back. Its usually just an unneeded nerf on female units.

I just thought of something. Without the steal function Thieves were just people with high move (in Awakening at least), the inability to be hampered by doors, and were squishy but hard to hit. Someone who's able to move around extremely well that relies on speed and isn't meant for combat sounds like a scout to me.

What if IS realized that their Thieves were effectively scouts and decided that instead of giving back steal, they'd just give them a scoutly weapon to fit their new role. The bow.

(Admittedly one of my more out there theories, but a theory nonetheless.

I like it.