Save Hacking for Fire Emblem Awakening?

Heractodactyl

Hi, I'm relatively new to hacking and want to know if this is possible. Can you add back characters in the game that you couldn't recruit. I lost Severa as I forgot to let her talk to the villager and foolishly saved. So to be more on to the point, is there some way I could add Severa as a unit in my game? Or am I SOL and have to reset my save to get her.

Hi, I'm relatively new to hacking and want to know if this is possible. Can you add back characters in the game that you couldn't recruit. I lost Severa as I forgot to let her talk to the villager and foolishly saved. So to be more on to the point, is there some way I could add Severa as a unit in my game? Or am I SOL and have to reset my save to get her.

Has you 3DS been synched with an action replay or similar device before the recent 3ds OS updates? If no, there is no way, as from what i understand, recent 3ds operating system upgrades have made it impossible for you to add such a device (unless the makers of the device discovered another security hole in the mouth or so since i checked, which i doubt).

My 3DS is at 9.2 and has access to SaveDataFiler. Is there anything else I need to know?

EDIT:Or do I need to have Action Replay? Or is that fine as well.

Oh, you do? I honestly don't know that much about the specifics. Have you checked the general awakening topic yet? http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52377

Not trying to be rude, but I'm going to state the general question again. Is it possible to add Severa back into my game, as I saved without recruiting her in the Paralouge? I really wanted Severa, but I messed up, and I don't want to reset my save as this is my first and possibly only playthrough. I spent 20+ hours, and I don't want to reset. So, if it is possible, what ways can it be done in? If it isn't, can someone say the reason why it isn't possible?

it is 2:30 in the morning where i am

the people who know what they're doing may not even be awake right now

Sorry, just pretty crazed at what happened today. Anyways, I hope to have a clear answer by tomorrow.

From my understanding of digging through, certain characters/classes etc. are linked to certain hexdecimals in the hex editor. But what I'm confused about is the hacking topic talks about hacking the rom, not the save, so it doesn't really apply to my situation. Anyways, I need someone to confirm it indeed is the rom, and the save has different hexdecimals for most things. And if someone has a save that has Severa (most other characters aswell) so I can compare it to my save, can someone do that, or is that against the rules? Or if someone could do it for me, could you just send me a PM, do so, as that well help immensely. Thank to anyone who can solve my issue in advance.

EDIT: I would also try to learn to understand how to read hexdecimals, as I am confused with 0x(insert numbers here). I'm curious about modifying gold and such now. If there's any additional information anyone needs, Cordelia's husband is Gaius.

Edited by MasterBro10

Now that I'm thoroughly reading the hacking topic, I think these two things are apparent.

1. For my Severa issue, I'm gonna need to dump the RAM.

2. SDF is used for gold and stuff.

Now, who wants to help me with RAM editing for Severa! :)