the actual fe1 draft

gabethegreen

i didnt see any rules for fe1 on the rules thread so ill just use the shadow dragon rules and change them where i see fit if thats ok with everyone.

also we are just doing this for fun so no need to keep track of turns unless you want to

this is for 5 players
marth jagen and goto are free
Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, meatshield, and shop.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to opening chests/doors.
3. Warp is banned
4. Thieves are free

units
Darros
Macellan
Arran

note: names may be different based on translation keep that in mind

teams
1. me Doga navarre vyland Bord linde ceasar roger jeorge
2. ardem ogma wendell gordin matthis tomas beck palla maria samson
3.baldrick Caeda, roshe, wolf boa cord astram, est elice bantu
4. SRC cain, Hardin, merric midia Xane Sedgar wrys lorenz dolph
5. Strykerz able Barst Lena radd castor minerva jake catria tiki

Edited by gabethegreen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign me up.

EDIT: I found this ruleset from an earlier draft.

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Marth, Jeigan, Ricardo and Gato are free for all to use.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, meatshield, shop and be deployed in battle*.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to fighting with weapons healing units and opening chests/doors
2.1 Julian is allowed to open the door in Chapter 6 to recruit Ricardo
3. Marth may not Seize the throne in Chapter 19 before Turn 5.
4. Use of the warp staff is ban.

*All units are force to be deployed in battle

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Edited by Baldrick

I actually played in a fe1 draft a long time back. We went by this ruleset. You don't have to follow it if you don't want to but I thought it worked pretty well. Either way I would like to join in the fun. :Wrys:

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Marth, Jeigan, Ricardo and Gato are free for all to use.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, meatshield, shop and be deployed in battle*.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to fighting with weapons healing units and opening chests/doors.
2.1 Julian is allowed to open the door in Chapter 6 to recruit Ricardo
3. Marth may not Seize the throne in Chapter 19 before Turn 5.
4. Use of the warp staff is ban.
Edited by SRC

I think Rickard was free because Julian can be slightly used as a combat unit (making him a reasonable draft pick) while Rickard is basically useless at fighting. Making Julian free here is a good idea since it somewhat makes up for having less units than a 4 player draft.

And yeah, Baldrick is correct about the chest thing. Medeus is really tough to kill without the Falchion, which requires you to open a few chests. Marth is the only non-thief person that can do that, so it's a good idea to make the thieves available for everyone.

Also, let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that bridge keys exist in this game and chest keys don't. Good ol' FE1!

Well, Chest Keys tend to make thieves superfluous, and Marth has an infinite-use Chest Key anyway. Bridges could be quite troublesome if you didn't have any thieves left.

Yeah, I guess their existence at least makes some sense in theory even if they're baffling in the actual game. (There's like one bridge that seriously impedes progress and none of the bridge keys in the game are even close to it.)